HID question [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : HID question

supasteve013
08-19-2013, 08:58 PM
Ok I know this site gets spammed with HID bull****.. but, I'm having trouble with mine and you guys are the most knowledgeable about them.

About 3 years back, I bought These (http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/7/8/2/9/6/2/webimg/533852836_o.jpg) and heres the back incase anyone cares (http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/7/8/2/9/6/2/webimg/533852819_o.jpg)

Yes. I bought cheap junk off ebay. I was clearly stupid.

Well, on this particular housing, there is a clip that stabilizes the HID bulb. This clip has indeed broken off.

My fun doesn't end there... The stabilizing clip is also what was supposed to hold in the ground wire (giving more stability), which now has no connection.

Well, I plan on connecting the ground wire to my frame, which I should have done to begin with....

My biggest question to y'all is, what suggestions do you have to help with the stability of my bulb?
also, can I spray some sort of rubber/silicone sealant to ensure weather doesn't affect my stuff again? (without affecting electrical)

Only thing is, I need them to be working soon.. So, if I have to jerry-rig until I do a retrofit or something.. so be it. But I'd prefer to save money and use these.

sleepyalero
08-19-2013, 10:55 PM
Tough situation there. I havent seen the lights in person but you could maybe.... Gorilla glue the clip back on maybe? Or just put the bulb in and tape it down real good? Im not entirely sure of much options here.

Good luck. :(

supasteve013
08-19-2013, 11:08 PM
Gorilla glue... I have tons of gorilla and super glue.. thats an awesome idea! How do you think the glue will handle the heat from the bulb?

sleepyalero
08-19-2013, 11:23 PM
Its gorilla glue it should hold very well

supasteve013
08-19-2013, 11:54 PM
Thanks a ton! I'll let ya know how it goes in a couple days! (Gorilla glue needs 24 hours)

sleepyalero
08-20-2013, 02:03 AM
Yeah no problem, i got a bottle off it, its weird stuff, you have to mix it with water. First time i got gorilla glue and when i used it it said mix with little water i was like weird... lol

bricooper78
08-20-2013, 11:35 AM
Gorilla super glue is pretty phenominal too, and it's a 30 second set type too.

that was my first thought reading it. I don't think heat will hurt it, it'll become the strongest part of the entire assembly