Will coupe seats work in sedan? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Will coupe seats work in sedan?

blondiez24gt
08-23-2013, 04:05 AM
I found a grand am local being parted out. It is a coupe, and mine is a sedan......I was wondering if the seats front, and rear would bolt right over from a coupe to a sedan? If they won't can the seat covers be transferred from the coupe seats to mine? Any help would be great. Thanks

MAC the KNIFE
08-23-2013, 05:32 AM
holy crap, my family came from parkersburg! it's a small world, right?

the seats are all the same. 2 door or sedan.
the front seats have t45 (maybe t50) torex bolts. if the bolts have never been out before, they are tough, until you can break the threadlock. when the bolts are out, tilt the seats forward, then pull back to release the front tabs from their slots.

the back seats are much easier. lower the rear seatbacks. where the split is, there is a springed hinge that you can pull back. then the seat backs come out really easy. if you have trouble finding the hinge thingy, you can unbolt the whole center mount. it's held in by (2) 13mm bolts. you can also use a 1/2 wrench or socket.
finally, the rear seat bottom, just pull up on the back part of it, when the seatbacks are out of the way. there are only two plastic clips holding it on.

TruGreenGAGT
08-23-2013, 08:55 AM
the only parts that wont fit are to two rear side bolsters... the lil sections of the backrest that are left when the two sections are folded down...on a coupe they are narrower than a sedan

blondiez24gt
08-23-2013, 09:32 AM
Ok great.. Thanks a lot guys. Oh mac the knife who is your family? Maybe I know them. Most of my family lives in Parkersburg....lol