How to get the drain plugs out of the floor? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : How to get the drain plugs out of the floor?

blondiez24gt
08-23-2013, 09:55 AM
I am getting new carpet, and seats. My car got flooded a little just over the carpet, ad touching the bottom seats. I have everything ripped out, and I'm cleaning it completely out. There are black drain plugs in the floor, and I cannot get them to come out. How are you suppose to open these?

unchained_01
08-23-2013, 11:29 AM
They are held in by folded over tabs underneath the car and sealer holds them in Make sure you use a good epoxy or autobody sealer when they are replaced
Also if the water got that high I would also have the trans fluid checked for water thru the output shaft seals

AaronGTR
08-23-2013, 11:41 PM
Yeah, those aren't really meant to be removed. Those holes are actually there to let the fluid out after they dip the entire chassis in the corrosion protection at the factory, before paint.

I would just leave them in. Use a shop-vac if there is water to remove.

blondiez24gt
08-25-2013, 12:05 PM
I finally got them out......I'll just have to seal them up realy good when put them back in. I got the inside all cleaned and it looks like new.....I took off my seat covers and washed them, and they look like new....Now does anybody know where to get new seat foam? I have used a carpet cleaner, and totally washed the foam on the seats, but it just doesnt want to dry....I have sucked up the water with the carpet cleaner, wet/dry vac, and layed them in the sun all day....When you sit down on them water still gets on you.......Any ideas?

sleepyalero
08-25-2013, 12:28 PM
Let the foam sit out in the sun, or go to JY and buy new.