Proper introduction [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Proper introduction

03GT SilverGun
08-24-2013, 01:21 PM
Well since I haven't actually introduced myself to the forums I figured I should do so properly. Also if this is in the wrong section terribly sorry I didn't see anything for intros.

My name is Scott and I'm from Mid Missouri. I started out with a 96 gagt 2.4l 5 speed. It was a great car and when I was able I bought my 03 GT. I've seen Tanners car a few times in Columbia and I must say it looks excellent. I can only hope that mine can stay as well kept as everyone else seems to do. Sometimes it is tough especially with a 1 year old!

I've been bumming around on the forums for a while now. It all started when my 03GT had a problem with the dreaded blower motor resistor. I searched and was directed toward this site and also GAOC. Luckily I found my answer to the problem quickly. Since being a member I have learned quite a lot. I feel like I am much more capable of doing mods/maintenance on my vehicle without the help of others. I like to at least attempt it. Why pay someone to do things I'm capable of doing.

So far my "mods" are small. I've done the gen1.2 projector retrofit. It's not perfect but I was pleased with the results. Hopefully soon ill get some output shots for everyone to see. I'm also in the process of converting the interior to a black with silver accents. Ill try and get some shots of the progress on that for everyone also.

Not much but I enjoy reading through the threads.. Especially the ones with idiotic questions they are the most enjoyable!

TDavis
08-24-2013, 03:30 PM
Did you get your one headlight fixed yet?

[ChaosweaveR]
08-24-2013, 03:34 PM
Welcome (I guess? lol) noob. I'm guessing you're well aware already on what not to do here.

Smithkid21
08-24-2013, 03:35 PM
Welcome to the madness, I'll give you a few tips:
1.) don't get butthurt by anything people say, it's the Internet. Take a breath
2.) don't even think about doing a L67 swap.
3.) Sik's mom is the local fun ;)
4.) have fun, don't me Mr. Serious all the time.

That being said, welcome to the wonderful world of GAGT. lol

03GT SilverGun
08-24-2013, 09:48 PM
Did you get your one headlight fixed yet?

I'm still not sure.. I unhooked the connection to the bulb and it seemed to correct it for a while and then it happened once more and hasn't happened again since.
I'm hoping that it doesn't come back I never did switch ballasts to see if that was te issue. Maybe something is just pushing on the connection making it F up I dunno. I've still gotta finish getting them aimed I haven't had time or anywhere to do it. I just eye balked it for now. My cutoffs are both a little crooked which is pretty annoying. If I had the money I'd attempt a retro into the stock housings I have here and try to do a vacuum formed shield with acrylic or whatever it is.

;1224393']Welcome (I guess? lol) noob. I'm guessing you're well aware already on what not to do here.

I've had some good laughs at the most recent "brembo caliper cover". I also thoroughly enjoyed the video that Tanner linked for the Mighty Car Mods when they did that Honda. I actually watched part 1 and 2!

bricooper78
08-24-2013, 10:01 PM
Official welcome aboard man!