Gas tank leak [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Gas tank leak

greddy2race
09-15-2013, 11:06 AM
I went to fill up my tank today, and when the pump stopped I could hear and see gas porting out from under the car. It looked like it was coming from the top of the tank. Any ideas as to where this could be coming from or what caused it?

Starglow
09-15-2013, 11:21 AM
I went to fill up my tank today, and when the pump stopped I could hear and see gas porting out from under the car. It looked like it was coming from the top of the tank. Any ideas as to where this could be coming from or what caused it?

There is a section of rubber hose between the filler neck tube and the tank. Crawl under the rear of the car and check the rubber hose to see if it has a hole in it. It's not very hard to replace except where it clamps on to the tank, but it's not too bad.

BTW...I was born in Middletown, so you live in my hometown but it has changed a lot from when I lived there.

greddy2race
09-15-2013, 11:33 AM
Yeah it's not exactly a great place to live, I'm from Columbus originally so this is a little different to me... a little too redneck, no offense.

Starglow
09-15-2013, 12:10 PM
Yeah it's not exactly a great place to live, I'm from Columbus originally so this is a little different to me... a little too redneck, no offense.

Columbus is a nice city....my brother in law lives there. I sure don't miss the cold winters in Ohio though. Went home for Christmas a few years ago and forgot how cold it gets there compared to NC and about froze my nuts off. lol

It's sad to see what has happened to Middletown but when AK Steel moved their headquarters out of town it really hurt the economy there. For a time I also lived in Franklin and Wilmington.