2000 Pontiac Grand Am 3/16" Brake Line Nuts, Cannot find them! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Pontiac Grand Am 3/16" Brake Line Nuts, Cannot find them!

buffbison
10-03-2013, 10:16 AM
I have gone to several parts stores and no one can seem to find the proper 3/16" brake line nuts for my 2000 pontiac grand am 3.4L. i called the dealership and they want $75, which is ridiculous and wont give me the part number. Does anyone know of the correct part number to these nuts from any of the main parts stores (advance, etc)? Thanks!

AaronGTR
10-03-2013, 03:22 PM
which brake line nuts are you talking about?

buffbison
10-03-2013, 03:34 PM
which brake line nuts are you talking about?

to the abs pump, under the battery.

sleepyalero
10-03-2013, 03:40 PM
Go to junk yard

AaronGTR
10-03-2013, 10:06 PM
If you are talking about the line nuts on the lines from the master cylinder to the ABS module... you know those are part of the line right? You can't just take them on and off, and you can't get them separate from the line. They have to be put on the line first, then the end is flared, then it's bent into shape.

To replace a line nut, you have to cut the line and re-flare it, which ends up making the line shorter then. You can do this with some universal parts and custom repairs, but on factory lines it will make them not fit so people usually end up replacing the entire line. That's why they are so expensive.

Or you can go to the junkyard as mentioned.