my tuning questions. [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : my tuning questions.

sleepyalero
11-12-2013, 10:39 AM
okay im going to use this thread as a place to ask my tuning questions when i have them. so i will ask one here in a sec. and maybe more down the road. so stay tuned. :)

anyway me and a guy from aleromod have been tweaking my tune. and sometimes when he tells me to change things its hard to find the table cause im still new to tuning and HPT. but hes usually so busy that when i ask where to go i sometimes dont get a reply.... (which i understand hes a busy guy! i just dont like to keep annoying him about how to do this and that and so on)

anyway he asked me to do this....

"Remove 2* timing from map of 96 and up

Get timing a constant 40* in the 45-58 map range

Little false KR shifting at high RPM but nothing to worry about

Trims look really good actually"

i asked him to break it down a little for me and i got this back.

"Look at your timing table, it is based on MAP pressure. Remove 2* from the table where it covers 96Kpa to the top of the table, the whole area"

all i need to know really is. how to get to the table he wants me to change. so if anyone knows can you say like open hpt> click engine> spark tab> etc... to help me out. i believe ive changed it before but now i cant seem to find the table.

one more thing. what does he mean by get timing a constant 40* in the 45-58 map range? bare with me im still learning in tuning. :) ive been making changes and sending him scans via email and been getting alot of help. im just trying to get one step closer to finishing the tuning so help is appreciated. :)

Smithkid21
11-12-2013, 10:48 AM
I don't think there is such thing as a garage tune.

TDavis
11-12-2013, 10:55 AM
I don't think there is such thing as a garage tune.

:applause::applause: :applause: :applause:

sleepyalero
11-12-2013, 11:06 AM
i hate you guys so much. lol

gregraisbeck
11-12-2013, 11:39 AM
I too am nervous about tuning when I get there in my build. I've been reading on the hptuners website forum to learn what I can.

Ha ha

I just saw your posts on there.

sleepyalero
11-12-2013, 11:46 AM
yeah there is a lot to learn when it comes to tuning...

Aaroonnnn where are you!!!!!!! lol i need your expertise!

AaronGTR
11-12-2013, 12:14 PM
I won't be any help to you here. I don't have HPT and their tables are completely different from DHP. We don't tuning timing based on MAP pressure in DHP.

sleepyalero
11-12-2013, 12:29 PM
Wow. I cant believe I asked a question that you didnt know the answer to. lol oh well hopefully someone knows hpt... I know mfuller does.

Starglow
11-12-2013, 04:52 PM
I'll be heading down that road myself pretty soon...just bought the HPT tuner from HOYS. Anyway, there's a lot of information out there on how to do things, you just have to spend the time doing the research and learning.

Talk to Paul (a/k/a MMGT1 on HPTuners forum, PATCHEZ on GAOC) regarding your questions and he should be able to help you out. You can read a lot of his posts on HPTuners that are specific to GA tuning as well which is where I plan to go start learning. 8-)

sleepyalero
11-12-2013, 06:05 PM
Hes the one tuning my car ;)

sleepyalero
11-12-2013, 06:05 PM
Ill throw this up on amod and get an answer from paul. :)

Starglow
11-12-2013, 08:25 PM
I found a good write-up on HPTuners back a few weeks ago that explained everything, but now I can't find it again. ;crap

sleepyalero
11-12-2013, 10:35 PM
If you come across it post it. Ive looked through most stickys on the forum for hpt