Need emergency help on headlight replacement! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Need emergency help on headlight replacement!

nousername
11-22-2013, 08:56 PM
Im trying to get my front headlights out to replace the bulb. Ive watched and read multiple sources saying remove 2 of the metal clips that lock it in place

but all i find is one. I found the one closer to the middle of the car but i have no dang clue where the one near the outside of the car is

i have an 04 grand am. i can take a pic if helpful! Thanks!!

TruGreenGAGT
11-22-2013, 09:02 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jJZ7pJcPFOU

kzulfic
11-22-2013, 09:06 PM
Just keep looking they're both there and look similar from the top. They canbe a bitch to remove sometimes. Be sure to get them clipped back in properly. It's really a ****y design, I hate having to remove them myself.

There's not too much more I can tell you to help you out, maybe try removing the splash shield for a better view.

Hope this helps.

nousername
11-22-2013, 10:00 PM
i found them. the outer ones have a hole in it. at first i thought they were attached to the housing of the headlight and were permanent. then i realized you lift up and a little over. got me confused

but boy that was a PITA! i broke a few of them cheap plastic clips that keep the air guard on, lost 1 of them. getting those metal clips back in was so stupid. idk if i even got them in correct, all i know is the headlight is in place and doesnt move so im calling it good!

but now one headlight is slightly higher than the other. is there a way to fix this?

bricooper78
11-22-2013, 10:06 PM
you mean aimed higher? or physically higher in the housing?

the screws (next to where you clip the light in) adjust the aim, and will change the physical placement a little bit too. make sure all 3 screws are into the header panel where the clips can lock down to them

[ChaosweaveR]
11-23-2013, 08:36 AM
This is why I kept a pair of pliers in my Grand Am for those damn outer headlight clips. lol

But he probably knocked out the headlight adjustment putting them back in. I know I always had to tweak the angle after every time I pulled out the headlights.