starter wiring ID [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : starter wiring ID

TriumphoverU
02-28-2014, 01:22 PM
need some quick help, in the pic attached, the bottom wire goes to the solenoid, the top box just gets bolted down to ground, but I cant remember where the teal/blue/middle wire goes. i'm guessing it belongs on the starter because it looks like the fusable link, but for some reason i want to say it was bolted down to the ground location.

AaronGTR
02-28-2014, 03:16 PM
It definitely wasn't bolted down to the ground location. That is the power wire coming from the alternator charging post and yes it has the fusible link in it. It should be bolted down to the same starter post with the other cable going to the positive battery terminal.

TriumphoverU
02-28-2014, 06:44 PM
Thanks Bro

TriumphoverU
02-28-2014, 08:19 PM
On a side note, does anybody know what exactly that box looking thing is on that bottom wire harness?

AaronGTR
02-28-2014, 10:22 PM
It's just a multi pack connector. The ring terminal on the end of it is part of a stamped and folded metal piece with a bunch of prongs that goes into a plug full of sockets inside the box all connected to ground wires coming from different places. Basically allows the grounding of multiple components at one location with one bolt.