Hi from so cal [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Hi from so cal

Bonez8
06-15-2016, 11:59 PM
Well I see the forum isn't too active but that there is a lot of info still here.
I picked up a 2000 gt with 87k on it back in Nov. It's now got 105k on it. So far I've been doing maintenance in my way and setting it up to be my daily/touring car. Had to replace the front trans mount so I replaced it with a poly mount and replaced the pass side motor mount with poly at the same time.
Just ordered one wheel to test fit 17x8 +35. Really wanted to go to a 17x9 but not a lot of info about wheels in that area so I might move slowly to that after I get the rest of the car straightened out.
Next on the list is upgrading the brakes with the corvette calipers. I'm 99% sure I warped a rotor coming down one of the passes. I'll also be looking into upping the cooling system later on it the year high 120 to low 130 f is common out here.and I think the last thing I'll be looking at will be a new set of seats or reforming the seats in the car. After years of sports cars I want something that holds me in place and something a bit more comfy after 2-3 hour rides.
In the next few years a manual trans swap,exhaust and any thing that will work on better mpg and a touch more power will be in the cards.
Thanks
Chris

Madness10
06-16-2016, 07:02 AM
Welcome. I'm in Fontana, Calif myself.

Bonez8
06-17-2016, 04:27 AM
Not too far away.
I'm always rolling into the city's for parts.
I normally need parts for my bike or miata.
But working on the gagt I can see I may need a truck to grab a lot of the parts.this is the wife's car So I cannot go too extream with it. I'm really looking forward to doing the brakes on it though.

Is there a section for build threads?
I mainly use them to help myself keep track of stuff on here.
And so people can show me where I'm screwing up ;)

Madness10
06-17-2016, 07:01 AM
There are, just look through all the sections, especially the how to sections. This site is pretty much dead, but has a lot of info on it. There is also http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/ that is the same kind of forum is a little more active.

young gun
06-18-2016, 03:27 PM
Welcome! There are build threads on here however many of them have come to a stand still or have been sold to move on to newer and better things. There are still a handful of regulars though.