http://www.pfyc.com GrandAmGT.com Premium Memership Signup
MilzyMotorsports.com   

Go Back   GrandAmGT.com Forum > AaronGTR

Conversation Between AaronGTR and akeemjvasser
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 10
  1. akeemjvasser
    12-14-2011 08:18 PM
    akeemjvasser
    okay thanks for all the help really. im glad i can talk to a guy or ask a guy questions without being insulted and laughed at.
  2. akeemjvasser
    12-13-2011 09:19 PM
    akeemjvasser
    oh okay, so if i get the high flow & cat back would i notice more of a difference than just a cat back?
  3. AaronGTR
    12-13-2011 05:33 PM
    AaronGTR
    Well, good headers are now either very expensive, or difficult to find for this car now... which sucks because the stock manifolds are restrictive and headers is one of the best power upgrades. It's definitely easier to do a cat-back exhaust and high flow cat first. That said, you will still see a small power increase with a high flow cat, even without headers. You would just see a bigger power jump from the cat with the extra flow from headers. Most exhaust mods are "cumulative" and make more power working together. It certainly would not be necessary to add a high flow cat with just the exhaust, but you could. My advice would be if you do add a high flow cat, make it 2.5" in/out so that it can be adapted to headers later if you want.
  4. akeemjvasser
    12-13-2011 12:22 AM
    akeemjvasser
    hey arron question, been debating with myself so i figured why not ask a pro. ( also sorry for coming to u almost every other day with question after question)
    but if its not a bother. this is where im at.
    i dont wanna get headers juuuust yet. maybe down the line, then again its just maybe.
    but i am getting the pacesetters 2.5 exhaust. its a must because well, the exhaust i have now has holes from a construction accident (long story) and needs to be replaced. so i figure why not upgrade. but heres where im conflicted. since im not really head over hills for headers, do you thing getting a high flow catalytic converter is a must or would it be pretty much pointless. my goal is to basically have a quicker car. touch the gas pedal and feel the car pick up speed, what u think?
  5. akeemjvasser
    12-08-2011 04:57 PM
    akeemjvasser
    http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86500
    hey arron can i get your opinion on this thread?
  6. akeemjvasser
    12-04-2011 10:03 PM
    akeemjvasser
    thanks alot for the help arron!!
  7. AaronGTR
    12-02-2011 06:19 PM
    AaronGTR
    There really shouldn't be, no. I haven't done one myself, but from what I've read it's not too complicated. Info on all the necessary changes are either on here or 60degreev6.com.
  8. akeemjvasser
    12-01-2011 09:29 PM
    akeemjvasser
    yeah i saw that fiberglass splitter on the bumpers it makes the kit look great. and thanks for the response, i guess ill go back to stock then, cause my kit kills me even at angles. its so bad that i get in other ppl cars and be like "whoa slow down coming out this driveway your gonna...oh ma bad" hey and another thing, if your up to it im doing the 3.5 swap in march. i been researching so im very confident in what im doing, plus i wont be alone. but besides mikes swap kit and the uim and lim, is there any other problems i could run into?
  9. AaronGTR
    11-30-2011 10:20 PM
    AaronGTR
    It really depends. Most places I don't scrape and/or if I drive carefully I don't scrape. IE Slowing down enough for certain bumps and dips or taking entrances at a slight angle. Some of places here in FL though have some killer driveways (for rain and flooding reasons) or killer speed bumps. That's why I have the fiberglass/CF splitter on the bottom of the bumper. It takes all the abuse and keeps the bumper looking good.
  10. akeemjvasser
    11-30-2011 01:48 PM
    akeemjvasser
    hey remy here, i wanna ask you a question about the bodykit you have, do you get alot of scrapes from driving in or out of drive ways? i have a kit on now and your front end looks just as low as mine and i debating on going back to the stock bumpers or going to the kit you have. any pointers?