GrandAmGT.com Forum

GrandAmGT.com Forum (http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/index.php)
-   Member's Car Gallery (http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   lookin for the pre-99 GAs on here. post a pic show it off. (http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76662)

CantBeatIt96 09-08-2008 12:00 PM

lookin for the pre-99 GAs on here. post a pic show it off.

ive got a 96 ga se, 4 door, 2.4L 5 speed with lots of custom mods.

list your mods, any specs you got, let show them off. we may be older but that dont mean we cant stand up to the newer GAs.

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...9/100_6427.jpg

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...9/100_6434.jpg

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...9/100_6350.jpg

custom stuff:
CAI, exhaust system, strut bar, sound system, spoiler, shaving, interior, radiator shield, gauge pillar, paint under the hood.

mod list, just a few things:
strtut bar, radiator shield, CAI, exhaust system(skunk2 can, 2.5" exhaust), poly motor mounts, poly endlinks, poly tie rod boots, poly sway bar mounts, gettin poly control arm mounts, stage 1 clutch.

i never really timesd the 0-60 factor, or ever took it to the track plan to soon tho so once i get that then i will post that, and i never had it dinoed, not till i get the new motor nad it all fixed up.

future mods, SC,w/intercooler, 2.3L HO cams, this is so far what i have planned for the motor, then for hte rest, lowered, 18" rims, new stering wheel. racing seats, short shifter maybe.

no i dont believe im the fastest car but im pretty good at shiftin and driving, so i have some tallent at racing, ive won alot of races otherwise but i have lost alot to. i like to go up against cars that i know i cant even dream of beatin like v8 mustangs, and old muscle cars, big trucks, corvetts, gtos, this way when i loose i cant be ashamed, i mean i have half there motor they got an 8 banger i can a 4 banger, lol. but its fun. lol. I do tho tear apart alot of hondas, neon, and eclipses. those people are always to coky to relize that the 2.4L is a late 90s racing motor and if you know how to shift and drive they dont stand a chance.

so im just gettin to know some of the people on here with the same car as me. so show your car off.

DrFabulous 09-08-2008 12:12 PM

Honestly.... with no hood and unpainted sheet metal, you can't stand up to "newer" GA's.

CantBeatIt96 09-08-2008 12:21 PM

im not done right now that was right before i ripped the motor out. i removed the hood so i could get the motor out and now its looks worse i ripped the bumper headlights, fenders all off to make sure i get no scratches any where on it. lol. i cant find my most favorite picture of the car, it was 2 days before the motor went out. it was a night shot with a full moon. it light the car up beautifully, and then the moon in the background with the lake in the background. i mean damn it was hot. you couldnt see the primer paint on the sides. i mean when i showed my buddy he didnt even relize it was my car. i had to brighten the pic so i could prove it to him. that the best ones i could find since are computer crashed.

DumpsterDamon 09-08-2008 12:55 PM

you made another thread? i would've never guessed

DrFabulous 09-08-2008 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DumpsterDamon (Post 1025704)
you made another thread? i would've never guessed

lol

AMRAAM4 09-08-2008 01:21 PM

The New Holland's worth more.

...seriously.

DrFabulous 09-08-2008 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMRAAM4 (Post 1025717)
The New Holland's worth more.

...seriously.

You are 100% correct

CantBeatIt96 09-09-2008 12:41 PM

actually you are right the new holland isworth about 5-8 grand, so yes the tractor is worth more, im not insulted. but you guys are pre-99 so why do you care about this thread anyways. just wondering, i guess you didnt see the "lookin for pre-99s" in the title. lol

Rosado 09-09-2008 08:57 PM

We care cuz its posted on this forum. We are all going to look. Why would you SHOW OFF a car tht has no hood and it has primer? I can do that, in fact we can all do that.. Show off something for us to look at and give good comments. Not just look at blury pics and ask myself why??????

DrFabulous 09-09-2008 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CantBeatIt96 (Post 1025936)
but you guys are pre-99 so why do you care about this thread anyways. just wondering, i guess you didnt see the "lookin for pre-99s" in the title. lol

Possibly because people like myself have generously given countless hours and money to the site to build it into what it is?

Ajaxus 09-09-2008 09:15 PM

Our Yellow Names give us the right.

/end

myneedforspeed 09-09-2008 09:29 PM

haha,,,
and the fact that 98% of this site is post 99 GA's/

PontiacGT201 09-10-2008 07:56 AM

Well to get back to the main topic, Heres my 97 GT

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t...leField023.jpg

PontiacGT201 09-10-2008 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosado (Post 1026064)
Why would you SHOW OFF a car tht has no hood and it has primer?

OK to clear some things up, the reason the car has no hood is we are taking the motor out of it. This was before we started on it. The car is in progress and he pulled the side clading off and shaved of the tabs on the door. Thats why theres primer on the car. He is just showing the car as it is now. You 99+ need to calm down when ya start posting on someones thread. You jump on $h!t to fast. I like this club but damn, ya just jump on $h!t to fast.

DrFabulous 09-10-2008 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PontiacGT201 (Post 1026161)
OK to clear some things up, the reason the car has no hood is we are taking the motor out of it. This was before we started on it. The car is in progress and he pulled the side clading off and shaved of the tabs on the door. Thats why theres primer on the car. He is just showing the car as it is now. You 99+ need to calm down when ya start posting on someones thread. You jump on $h!t to fast. I like this club but damn, ya just jump on $h!t to fast.

Do you really think we are saying something because of what year his car is? You're missing the whole point.

Showing pictures of your progress and stating it as such is one thing- showing pictures of the progress and stating that you're "showing off" and that you can show those 99+ guys a thing or two is just plain ridiculous.

He already has 2-3 threads with pictures of his work on his car... now another thread where he's "showing off". It's just a bit overdone.

Ajaxus 09-10-2008 08:45 AM

my vote goes for miserable mode :D

CantBeatIt96 09-10-2008 08:52 PM

alright i never said that my car is better then you pre 99 i said it because there are some out there actually alot of pre 99 that will show off any 99+ GAs. i never said that mine was better, but i have shown up alot of 99+ GAs with my car not in shows but on the track. and i dont lie on races. so no more hatin, thats all you people do on here.

DrFabulous 09-10-2008 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CantBeatIt96 (Post 1026456)
alright i never said that my car is better then you pre 99 i said it because there are some out there actually alot of pre 99 that will show off any 99+ GAs. i never said that mine was better, but i have shown up alot of 99+ GAs with my car not in shows but on the track. and i dont lie on races. so no more hatin, thats all you people do on here.

Where did I "hate"? And since when is that "all we do"? Its the internet, brotato.

Ajaxus 09-10-2008 10:10 PM

actually, i've only ever seen one pre-99 that show's up the 99+ ga's..can't remember his screen name, only that he was from St. Louis and it was red..lol

myneedforspeed 09-10-2008 10:12 PM

Peymans old car maybe?