GrandAmGT.com Forum

GrandAmGT.com Forum (http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/index.php)
-   News From the Gurus (http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   can you believe it's been 10 years already? (http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82136)

Jeremy 01-20-2010 08:40 AM

can you believe it's been 10 years already?
 
I just got my 10th domain renewal notice for GrandAmGT.com! Hard to believe this site has been around in one form or another for 10 years. I still remember back to the old AOL days, even the bravenet forum we had going for a bit.

What amazes me the most is the activity/questions/new members we still get every day for a car that hasn't rolled off the assembly line for about 5 years now. That shows you that people are still passionate about their cars and still have in interest in the community we've built here.


I know of at least 1 marriage (and soon to be baby) that GAGT.com was apart of making (the marriage..not the baby). I've met some truly amazing people in the years, I've built some great friendships, had plenty of good times, a few bad times, but all of it has been a great trip.

In the past 10 years, I've had the following life experiences:
- 1 got married to an amazing woman
- had 2 beautiful children
- built a house
- been at the same job for 10 years
- lost some people that were very special in my life
- more than I can probably remember.


Anyone else here have some thoughts/memories/experiences/weddings/kids/etc. happen while being a part of the community?

notsoaveragej0e 01-20-2010 09:10 AM

I joined on the suggestion of a friend (NDPrunner22) that was on here during my senior year of high school, I think. I applied, go into, and graduated from college, and started a "real" job from that point onward. Crazy stuff...

Edit: hm, guess it was the last semester of my JUNIOR year that i joined-- just looked at my join date lol

DrFabulous 01-20-2010 09:18 AM

I joined shortly after buying my first GA... back in senior year of HS lol

Been on this site, on and off, for a while. I've honestly met some cool people from here. :o

westerndragon 01-20-2010 09:28 AM

grats on all the good man i joined this forum after spending time at that other less nice ga forum and ive never looked back this place is so much fun and so informative i will be here long after my ga becomes a cube of scrap thanks for building such an awesome place

Ajaxus 01-20-2010 10:00 AM

Oh the list..

Well, by the join date I was finishing up my first semester in my first college..been to 3 total by now, scraped only one degree out of the whole mess, lol

Gotten 2 tattoos in that time, traveled the world, experienced unemployment, worked multiple jobs..blah blah blah

Became a Mason and really improved my life, that's the biggy for me, and probably the only reason I'm not flaming GTLUVA anymore for her monetary/car decisions..because I'm actually trying to be somewhat of a decent person, lol

Oh, and I made thousands and thousands of useless posts, I've learned how to piss Bob off all over again, I've contributed maybe <1% of my posts to good useful info on here (car detailing)..and I've gotten a few members banned after MASSIVE flamewars..and yet, I'm still here.

I've also probably racked up more warning points and bans than any members present or past..and they keep letting me come back, for some strange reason, lol

PhantomLover007 01-20-2010 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy (Post 1109136)
I just got my 10th domain renewal notice for GrandAmGT.com! Hard to believe this site has been around in one form or another for 10 years. I still remember back to the old AOL days, even the bravenet forum we had going for a bit.

What amazes me the most is the activity/questions/new members we still get every day for a car that hasn't rolled off the assembly line for about 5 years now. That shows you that people are still passionate about their cars and still have in interest in the community we've built here.


I know of at least 1 marriage (and soon to be baby) that GAGT.com was apart of making (the marriage..not the baby). I've met some truly amazing people in the years, I've built some great friendships, had plenty of good times, a few bad times, but all of it has been a great trip.

In the past 10 years, I've had the following life experiences:
- 1 got married to an amazing woman
- had 2 beautiful children
- built a house
- been at the same job for 10 years
- lost some people that were very special in my life
- more than I can probably remember.


Anyone else here have some thoughts/memories/experiences/weddings/kids/etc. happen while being a part of the community?


Sik and Terese was a ruse...:hay:

Actively joined the site (I Googled Grand Am forums.. lol) a year after buying the GA, which I bought a couple of weeks before going on my 1st deployment to Iraq in '05. W/in the 1st week of posting, I got my 1st warning pts for PWing a F/S thread... lol . I've seen alot of bad a$$ GA's and got alot of help and advice on fixing up the GA. I've PW'd more than I can remember, met alot of cool folks (most of them named Matt.. lol), a few a$$hats, some that are questionable concerning their manhood or gheyness, one really ghey Asian guy and one that knows everything about oil and poutine, and unfortunately...some straight dumba$$es... lol. Flirted w/ alot of the women on here and now I'm a "stalker" because of it.. lol ;crap and learned about wet laptops

It's stilla great site, I still love to PW and ya'll are great folks

Jeremy 01-20-2010 10:15 AM

not Sik an Terese...Amber & Tony. I remember at the first GAP that the hotel wouldn't let Amber check in cuz she was under 18 or something like that.

PhantomLover007 01-20-2010 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy (Post 1109155)
not Sik an Terese...Amber & Tony. I remember at the first GAP that the hotel wouldn't let Amber check in cuz she was under 18 or something like that.

I know Jer. I was focking w/ ya... lol lol

lone_wolf025 01-20-2010 12:00 PM

I joined soon after I got my GA and I've been lurking ever since. Met a number of good people as well as some rather interesting characters. Learned a lot and forgot even more. Good times through all of it though. Looking forward to the future.

Molson 01-20-2010 01:13 PM

My fav experiences of GAGT were the GAPS, and the police escorted convoys. "BRAKE!"

PhantomLover007 01-20-2010 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molson (Post 1109181)
My fav experiences of GAGT were the GAPS, and the police escorted convoys. "BRAKE!"


I have to get to one of these Molson.. ;crap

Molson 01-20-2010 01:22 PM

you're about 6 years too late.

PhantomLover007 01-20-2010 01:28 PM

Dammit....

SikMindz 01-20-2010 01:54 PM

I went to Atco '09 and all I got was Amber preggers and no lousy t-shirt.

I joined when I was in prime Fab-hitting-on-me age around 16 or so. Considering how small the pool of locals I actually know or have stayed in touch with, it's ironic that I am still in close contact and see members from 8-10 different states.

Haven't had the GA for a few years now but I do frequent this site more than any other forums I'm on. My only regret is not having actually met either of the Gurus although I don't think they would say the same..lol Regardless, I still think I should be made a super mod- 'cause I rock like that.

What else? Oh yeah- my mom is as famous as I am on ANY GA forum apparently. Don't know how I feel about that.

02andahalfgt 01-20-2010 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrFabulous (Post 1109145)
I've honestly met some cool people from here. :o

Aww, thanks buddy. Incidentally, what ever happened to Jon? (5-lo)

Congrats Jeremy. :applause: You guys built up an amazing place to learn, chat and waste ungodly amounts of time! lol

onesexyga 01-20-2010 08:48 PM

Joined my freshman year of college, 5 1/2 years ago. Graduated with a masters and working now. Still have the Grand Am thanks largely in part to the great technical advice I've found on the site, so thanks to Jeremy and the whole grandamgt.com community.

DrFabulous 01-20-2010 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02andahalfgt (Post 1109233)
Aww, thanks buddy. Incidentally, what ever happened to Jon? (5-lo)

I still talk to him on facebook once in a while, sounds like he's doing pretty good.

Ajaxus 01-20-2010 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SikMindz (Post 1109193)

What else? Oh yeah- my mom is as famous as I am on ANY GA forum apparently. Don't know how I feel about that.

I was going to bring that up, Jeremy forgot that there are numerous other babies from GAGT..that we have all fathered with your mom..amazing she's held up this long..:hay:

:angel

GA2000GTSpeed 01-21-2010 12:13 AM

damn near on my 2nd year as a member... learned a lot and saved even more money lol. bought my cat back, brakes, and supercharger off of here. and i have always gotten a laugh outta the AAG section, started as a senior in HS now on my Sophomore year of college and joined a fraternity... oh and bought a house lol

Still have the GA as my first car and waiting on the nice big check from uncle sam for being a first time home owner. lets see... new suspension, new heads, intakes, and tb... its gonna be like xmas all over again. so il be here for a long time, im not giving up my GA till it burns to the ground.

kse73 01-21-2010 02:39 AM

I lurked way back in 02. I didn't join until 03. Didn't meet anyone until I went to a mod day at Jeremy's place (in 03 or 04). Did lots of stuff in between then and now...and here we are! That about sums it up.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 GrandAmGT.com