GrandAmGT.com Forum

GrandAmGT.com Forum (http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/index.php)
-   News From the Gurus (http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   can you believe it's been 10 years already? (http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82136)

Exodus 01-22-2010 09:53 AM

This is the site I most frequent, seems odd due to the fact that I havent owned a grand am in almost 3 years.... Yeah we do have some interesting characters on these boards

Molson 01-22-2010 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajaxus
Something about your signature disturbs me greatly..

What, cause its too long like yours?

SikMindz 01-22-2010 02:23 PM

Win.

PhantomLover007 01-22-2010 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molson (Post 1109508)

No. He's just jealous because his is muuuuch shorter... lol lol lol

Pontiac Ninja 01-22-2010 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SikMindz (Post 1109369)
Holy Ninja! Back from the dead!

haha, yeah. HOLLA!:hay:

I missed this place. Its weird how you just can't seem to ever quit coming back.

02andahalfgt 01-22-2010 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrFabulous (Post 1109403)
I can understand that. I use paypal for little crap, like sending sik $$ for favors

....and Fab hijacks yet another thread :attention

lol You're still the king buddy.

DrFabulous 01-22-2010 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02andahalfgt (Post 1109560)
....and Fab hijacks yet another thread :attention

lol You're still the king buddy.

:hay:

DrFabulous 01-22-2010 10:23 PM

WTF when did you get a Camaro Jon?

Ajaxus 01-22-2010 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molson (Post 1109508)

twss?

AaronGTR 01-22-2010 11:44 PM

10 years... man I can't believe it's been that long. And I've been around for a lot of it. I joined shortly after I bought my GA back in june of 2000. It's funny, I was searching around for grand am stuff and found pfyc.com, then found a*d central and after a not so warm welcome started looking for other forums. Found this site and never looked back. First mods where a K&N filter in the stock air box and SLP cat back. 2 1/2 years into ownership I had seen the magnacharger kit and heard it was being discontinued and jumped in head first.... and it all snowballed from there. :D

I must say it's been quite a ride, and the community has changed a lot over the years, as have I. I went from a kid who didn't know anything, to a kid who thought he knew everything, to a slightly older kid who knows a lot about GA's but enough to know he doesn't know everything. :) I got in plenty of flame wars back in my day though and got banned a few times as well. I gotta laugh when I go back and look at some of my posts, even from like 4 years ago. lol

I do kinda miss the old GAP days. I wish there were more events where GA owners could get together, but it doesn't seem people are as serious about the platform anymore or have the time/money to travel to meets half way across the country. Since the car is getting older too the average age of the owners has dropped. Despite that, the performance level has continued to rise, but the investment and development has been slow, and the number of "extreme" builds are few and far apart in distance.

It has been one hell of a time though and I really would have missed this place if it was gone! Definitely gotta say thanks to Jeremy and Ryan for all the time, work, and money they've put in over the years to keep this place going! Hopefully it says around for a long time to come.

PS. I still think the funniest thing I've ever heard related to this site was at GAP '03. Bob walks into Jeremy's room and says "hi, I'm Bob... Amraam." and Jeremy says " I don't know if I want to punch you or shake your hand!" lol

PPS. It was also at GAP '03 that SPAZ, Jaketuff, and I caravanned back from the track to the hotel... three MC blown GA's cutting through traffic while talking on the walkie's... I don't think such a "gathering of the greats" has happened since or ever will again.

02andahalfgt 01-23-2010 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrFabulous (Post 1109566)
WTF when did you get a Camaro Jon?

Yesterday. :applause:
Luckily it's a nice sunny day here so I'm going to go snap some pics.
I do like this one, even though it's really dark...
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_1mjE0pnIEaQ/S1...0/IMG_1771.JPG

:hijacked: Argh, back on topic......

DrFabulous 01-23-2010 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02andahalfgt (Post 1109580)
Yesterday. :applause:
Luckily it's a nice sunny day here so I'm going to go snap some pics.
I do like this one, even though it's really dark...
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_1mjE0pnIEaQ/S1...0/IMG_1771.JPG

:hijacked: Argh, back on topic......

Focking HOT. Throw up a thread when you get some pictures.

PhantomLover007 01-23-2010 01:05 PM

Focking sweet Jon

AMRAAM4 01-23-2010 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajaxus (Post 1109151)
I've learned how to piss Bob off all over again,

I really hate to burst your bubble....but you don't do anything to me. If I choose to respond to you I do it because I need to entertain myself and have the time. And my responses are generally based around the notion I think you are a delusional fruitcake who talks out of his ass. "AJ at GrandAmGT.com" hardly pops into my mind at all at any other point in my life outside this forum.

Ajaxus 01-23-2010 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMRAAM4 (Post 1109608)
I really hate to burst your bubble....but you don't do anything to me. If I choose to respond to you I do it because I need to entertain myself and have the time. And my responses are generally based around the notion I think you are a delusional fruitcake who talks out of his ass. "AJ at GrandAmGT.com" hardly pops into my mind at all at any other point in my life outside this forum.

Sooo what you're saying is that..on this forum I do "pop into [your] mind"? lol

Bob, I made that comment as a complete joke, nothing about it was serious..yet look at the wonderful response you graced us with.

:applause:

GrandAmMe 01-23-2010 11:08 PM

I cant believe it either. you guys helped me through alot of stuff that would of costed alot of money within the past year. One question, Where the fock has Coupe been?

Ajaxus 01-23-2010 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrandAmMe (Post 1109647)
One question, Where the fock has Coupe been?

Livin life I guess, I haven't really talked to him much since I saw him a few years ago..I could see if the cell number I have for him is still active, lol

GrandAmMe 01-24-2010 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajaxus (Post 1109648)
Livin life I guess, I haven't really talked to him much since I saw him a few years ago..I could see if the cell number I have for him is still active, lol

He really must be livin life ,"Last Activity: 06-07-2009 07:41 PM"

howlinwolf 01-24-2010 08:35 PM

i dont even remember when i joined for sure. i was in high school, no just out of it, and engaged. im now married, and have a second child on the way. ive been a long way since the grand am got totaled, but i still miss her. my latest passion, *and slightly cheaper* is berettas. and there is probably the same kind of following.

I must admit, i now hold a certificate in automotive and i owe that to the grand am.

GrandAmMe 01-24-2010 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by howlinwolf (Post 1109713)
i dont even remember when i joined for sure. i was in high school, no just out of it, and engaged. im now married, and have a second child on the way. ive been a long way since the grand am got totaled, but i still miss her. my latest passion, *and slightly cheaper* is berettas. and there is probably the same kind of following.

I must admit, i now hold a certificate in automotive and i owe that to the grand am.

Your Join Date is March 2007. Post some pics of the beretta!