GrandAmGT.com Forum

GrandAmGT.com Forum (http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Car Makes and Models (http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   twin turbo C6 Z06? yes please! (http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84616)

AaronGTR 12-05-2010 07:36 PM

twin turbo C6 Z06? yes please!
 
Hot... awesome... I'll take two. :D

vengeance racing - tim lynchs twin turbo c6 z06

tipnitty 12-05-2010 08:12 PM

Very nice. But,

I'll stick with supras

AaronGTR 12-05-2010 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tipnitty (Post 1144294)
Very nice. But,

I'll stick with supras


Yeah supras are nice... but they aren't vettes!

I've never heard of a supra making 1300whp on pump gas at only 14psi of boost have you?

1300rwhp-pump-gas-corvette

cardude007617 12-06-2010 12:52 AM

meh whatever, sure its fast as hell (6 second 1/4), but in no way would it be steet-able at all. i dont see it very difficult to make a track only car that fast.

now...unless i didnt read far enough into the article, I think I have a valid point.

SikMindz 12-06-2010 01:22 AM

And Supras in the same speed range are streetable?

You don't make any sense.

I'd certainly take a newer Vette over a Supra anyday of the week.

Street's closed pizza boy!

stewartfn18 12-06-2010 05:52 AM

i dont think he was quite saying that a 1200 hp supra would be more suitable to dd than a 1200 hp vette. i think that was more of a general statement for all cars that have that much power

speedfreak1 12-06-2010 06:42 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN6E-...A8A92&index=33

all though they tuned it down. would be so much fun in town with that

AaronGTR 12-06-2010 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardude007617 (Post 1144362)
meh whatever, sure its fast as hell (6 second 1/4), but in no way would it be steet-able at all. i dont see it very difficult to make a track only car that fast.

now...unless i didnt read far enough into the article, I think I have a valid point.


Nope, you didn't read it at all... the 6 second car is his 10.5 outlaw class drag car (that is shown in the video). ;) Only reason they mentioned that is to show it's the same guy who was having this car built. The actual street car is the second one in the pics. It does not run a 6 second quarter. lol It should be totally streetable, although it will be quite a hand full if you put the throttle down, but not as bad as the 1300whp car. You can still control 700whp if you have enough tire. :D

G.I.Ceo 12-06-2010 07:46 AM

Who cares what it is I would take that vette and have a field day with it. Thats one sweet a$$ car either way. Give the man some props on that build.:applause:

tipnitty 12-06-2010 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AaronGTR (Post 1144317)
Yeah supras are nice... but they aren't vettes!

I've never heard of a supra making 1300whp on pump gas at only 14psi of boost have you?

1300rwhp-pump-gas-corvette

No I haven't but not the point I was making. Just my personal preference. I see a modded vette probably 4-5 times a day around where I live. Nice, Fast cars. Just not for me.

Give me a mild 500rwhp single supra and I'll die happy.

ryanbgb22 12-06-2010 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardude007617 (Post 1144362)
meh whatever, sure its fast as hell (6 second 1/4), but in no way would it be steet-able at all. i dont see it very difficult to make a track only car that fast.

now...unless i didnt read far enough into the article, I think I have a valid point.

I'd like to see YOU try to make a 6 second car, even with an unlimited budget.

cardude007617 12-06-2010 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryanbgb22 (Post 1144390)
I'd like to see YOU try to make a 6 second car, even with an unlimited budget.

I believe it would be easier to make a 6 second straight line car than a 10 second street car that can turn. all you "need" is a car to base it off of (gto, f body, vette, mustang, take your pick of others) strip the interior, get a big engine, build it, boost would be needed along with meth, build the driveline, get some slicks and you're good to go. there's obviously more to it but that is the basic principle.


besides, what fun is straight line speed? it is basically useless in day to day driving. the car is impressive yes, but with all the extra power they basically ruined the natural handling aspect of the car making it useless at anything other than a drag strip. you don't see all HIGH power cars posting good times around a track like the nurburgring. the GTR only has 485 and a full heavy interior.

AleroB888 12-06-2010 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardude007617 (Post 1144397)
besides, what fun is straight line speed? it is basically useless in day to day driving. ...

When they're doing 80 mph in the slow lane and you're merging into it, (like north of Denver on I25) that's more useful than getting run off the road but being able to turn on a dime.

If day-to-day is your main concern, just get the base model of whatever brand, and skip the stupid arguments about what is "fun."

SpyhunteR 12-06-2010 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tipnitty (Post 1144389)
No I haven't but not the point I was making. Just my personal preference. I see a modded vette probably 4-5 times a day around where I live. Nice, Fast cars. Just not for me.

Give me a mild 500rwhp single supra and I'll die happy.

Die happy? You have no imagination.

cardude007617 12-06-2010 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AleroB888 (Post 1144407)
When they're doing 80 mph in the slow lane and you're merging into it, (like north of Denver on I25) that's more useful than getting run off the road but being able to turn on a dime.

If day-to-day is your main concern, just get the base model of whatever brand, and skip the stupid arguments about what is "fun."

oh... somehow i've never had a problem merging onto the freeway. neither in my poor handling (for on ramp speed)/slow grand am, nor my better handling and much quicker wrx. I'm pretty sure you don't need 600HP to merge safely onto a freeway. and if you do, you're doing it wrong.

AleroB888 12-06-2010 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardude007617 (Post 1144447)
oh... somehow i've never had a problem merging onto the freeway. neither in my poor handling (for on ramp speed)/slow grand am, nor my better handling and much quicker wrx. I'm pretty sure you don't need 600HP to merge safely onto a freeway. and if you do, you're doing it wrong.

Now you're arguing for the hell of it, the point was straight line performance is useful and can be fun, and if its day-to-day driving, why even get a WRX -- to get in and out of parking lots faster? You skip from general to specific absurd examples, and contradict yourself.

Nick-G 12-06-2010 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardude007617 (Post 1144397)
besides, what fun is straight line speed?

Meh you own a WRX so you would say that...

[ChaosweaveR] 12-06-2010 06:24 PM

Mmmmm....boost.

As for the rest of this thread...

Another quality GAGT thread. lol

tipnitty 12-06-2010 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpyhunteR (Post 1144431)
Die happy? You have no imagination.

You serious? you think I would just keep it at that? What is it that you smoke?

AaronGTR 12-06-2010 10:42 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=tDHX9GQwQcE

Another fine example from Nelson Racing Engines. Man I'd love to have them work on my car! :D



*cliff notes:
shelby cobra 5.4L V8
twin turbo, twin air/water intercooled
twin tank - 16 injector fuel system with 91 octane and race gas
programmable fuel based on boost, programmable boost levels based on gear.
1100hp on 22psi, 1300hp on full race gas, 100% bad ass!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 GrandAmGT.com