GrandAmGT.com Forum

GrandAmGT.com Forum (http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/index.php)
-   Body Kit Discussions (http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Sagging side skirts (http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89444)

PhantomLover007 04-20-2013 04:51 PM

Sagging side skirts

1 Attachment(s)
When I installed my SC/T side skirts, I wanted to make sure that the pieces under the doors stayed flush, so I put strips of 3M tape in the areas to make them stay up.

Fast forward 6 years and the tape isn't holding any more. Beyond installing new tape, what might be the best thing to do?

I was thinking of just securing it w/ screws or maybe using some trim panel push pins.

What do you guys think?

TDavis 04-20-2013 05:27 PM

Mine do this slightly too but I live with it because in the end no one will get on their hands and knees to see that your skirts are sagging a little bit lol

I need a complete side picture and see if I can notice it.

geldartb 04-20-2013 05:35 PM

i'd try some of the trim panel push pins..

AaronGTR 04-20-2013 11:07 PM

I've got the same issue with my RK side skirts. The part right under the door has come unstuck from the tape. iirc the stock ones had some kind of clips down there that held them on. It was a long time ago that I installed them, so don't remember too well. I was also thinking of seeing if I could secure them somehow with some clips or screws. Something stronger than just double sided tape.

BJPbrandon2448 04-20-2013 11:17 PM

I have the same damn problem with the sc/t kit, this really irritates me... It seems like every Spring I had to re-heat/replace the tape in order to secure it again! the only problem with drilling holes is you will have to drill through the metal door frames below that weather stripping, that would be a pain in the ace!

kzulfic 04-20-2013 11:56 PM

Maybe you guys can secure a rod of some sort to run the length of the skirt to keep from sagging.

AaronGTR 04-21-2013 12:53 PM

Mine doesn't really sag. It's just not stuck to the car along the bottom edge anymore. They are stiff enough to hold their shape though. Not sure how much the SC/T panels sag or not.

BJPbrandon2448 04-21-2013 06:26 PM

Mine doesn't really sag either, but you can clearly tell its not lined up! I put new tape and heated mine up today, so as of now its holding. The driver side fits perfect but the passenger side pops off all of the time, its like where its bolted down in the wheel wells its so tight fitting that it causes the middle, where the 2 doors meet to bow out? If that makes sense?

PhantomLover007 04-28-2013 01:47 PM

Yeah. IIRC, mine seemed to be that way to Brandon.

I know the lip of the side skirt where it butts up to the door frame is 1", so I'm trying to decide if I want to screw them down or use some of the panel push pins. Regardless, I'm gonna have to drill into the frame... lol