View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 08:10 PM   #1
xINVICTUS28x
GAGT - Member

AKA: Chris
Vehicle: 2001 Grand Am GT Sedan
xINVICTUS28x Gettin' there
SD Ram Air Hood?

So I love the look of the SD ram air hood and I plan on getting it, however there are some questions I'd like to have answered. Does anyone have or had this hood? Did you have any problems with it? I know with the heat extractors, the engine gets dirty and water can get in the engine. I am also aware they have water catchers and the heat extractors can even be closed off. I am NOT expecting much, if any gain of power with the heat extractors. I like the hood more for the look, but if I could keep the extractors just to say I have them, then why not I live in Indiana, so I get rain and snow and all that good stuff. I am not so much worried about the rain in the summer and spring, but I am concerned about the winter. If water or snow got in my engine and froze over night, I can't imagine it being a good thing haha. I also thought of the idea of making rubber inserts that I could slide into and plug up the heat extractors over rainy or snowy nights. And during the day, take them off and be all good. I really like this hood, I just don't want it to cause serious problems down the road. Any help would be appreciated!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 21089500006_large.jpg (110.7 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg ga1003.jpg (37.4 KB, 16 views)
xINVICTUS28x is offline   Reply With Quote