View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 04:38 PM   #192
AaronGTR
BlingWithBallz

AKA: Aaron
Vehicle: 2000 Grand Am GT1 2dr
AaronGTR has made plenty of valid pointsAaronGTR has made plenty of valid points
Hey, how have you been?

Yeah, the last two years have been quite eventful. Last March I made 320whp on the dyno then went to the track and ran a 13.7 at 103 with mad wheel spin and terrible shifts. Blew both head gaskets in the second run. I later found out my shift points were set wrong and my engine was bouncing off the rev limiter until the cars momentum carried it to the required speed to shift at. Didn't get enough runs in to figure out what was going on. Rest of the engine problems are detailed in the tread, and yeah... it's a long read!

Did the first rebuild and something killed the bearings after 2400 miles. Detonation I think, but not sure. Only about 200 miles on the second rebuild, but running good so far. I'm going to try and get a few thousand miles on it in NA form first to make sure everything is good.... save up some money for a water/meth injection kit... then put the blower back on. I want to work on the tuning too before that. I'm not sure my changes to the ignition timing where actually doing anything, so I need to see if I can make that work or not.

Oops: just saw that most of the original engine problems aren't in this thread. Well, it's a lot of reading... but if you're bored. :P

This thread starts the drama. hehe
head gaskets: round two

This is where the carnage begins. Starts on page 3.
head gaskets: round two

Last edited by AaronGTR; 05-16-2012 at 04:51 PM.
AaronGTR is offline   Reply With Quote