View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 08:24 AM   #1
mobouis100
GAGT - Newbie

AKA: Jamaal
Vehicle: 2000 Grand Am GT four
mobouis100 Gettin' there
Exclamation Serpentine Belt not spinning/ leaks coolant when its running

Hello, I have a 2000 grand am gt 4 dr. This weekend i turned my car on and began pulling out of my parking spot, when all of sudden my power steering stopped working along with my a/c unit and the battery light came on in the dash. I was three minutes away from home but right before i pulled into my neighborhood the engine began to overheat, the overheat light came on as I began to park. I turned the car off. A few hours later i turned the car on to troubleshoot and noticed that the serpentine belt wasn't spinning. Then coolant began to leak on the passenger side of the car. So i immediately turned the car off. A few hours later I filled the coolant tank and turned the car on and didnt see a leak, after three minutes i turned it off. I'm hoping its not a intake gasket issues. I checked to see if the exhaust was white and it wasnt and I also checked to see if the oil was milky it wasnt either. Any ideas on what could have stopped the serpentine belt and coolant leak is greatly appreciated.

UPDATE: I checked the car this morning 9/4/12 and noticed that after running for about five minutes is when the coolant begins to leak and its dripping the bottom of the hose on the right side of coolant tank that goes into a melt part of the engine. I also read that this could be a waterpump issue??

Last edited by mobouis100; 09-04-2012 at 08:27 AM.
mobouis100 is offline   Reply With Quote