View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 12:27 PM   #37
MilzyZ34
Fastest FWD GA

AKA: Mike
Vehicle: 1999 Grand Am GT
MilzyZ34 Gettin' there
Send a message via AIM to MilzyZ34
So I'm sitting here, talking with an employee about this whole situation, trying to figure out the gap January and November 2016, and I remembered that the customer was actually going to sell the vehicle to someone else, and have them take over the project. Waiting for this to pan out was one of the reasons the car sat during this time, this on top of course of us having to all the other projects. I don't remember all of them, but I remember having to do three 3500 swaps in a week, two Supercharged 3800 swaps into two Monte Carlo SS's in a week, plus all the other stuff.

Oh, and by the way, that "half-assed tune" ... We had just done 3 6-speed Aleros within a year, and used those tunes as the backbone for his tune, plus some different tuning for the VSS since it's a 5-speed not a 6. It still may have needed a couple "tweaks" to the AFR to account for the differences from one MAF sensor to another, but since we never finished the car, we couldn't drive it on the street. In digging through these e-mails though, I did find evidence that eventhough the customer decided not to have us finish the car, I did go out of my way to make sure that the engine atleast ran by the time it left, so the customer could hear it start up.