Thread: should i get em
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 01:56 PM   #12
FuriousG
Nürburgring Driven!

AKA: Isaiah
Vehicle: '03 GAGT / '09 G8 GXP
FuriousG Gettin' there
These are about the only aftermarket tails I would consider but even still, a tinted set of GT tails looks much better to me. At least these tails don't have all the extra crap in them that makes them look too busy. These are simple, clean and decent looking.

I'd be more likely to rag on your headlight covers than these tails. Those covers make for a very dim light output at night (I had a set for about a month.) After your tail upgrade, definitely consider getting a black housing headlight (stock or projector are up to your own personal taste but beware, many of the projector lights are fairly ugly.)

The big key to modding a car (even if it's not a style I would like) is to keep it consistent. That doesn't just mean the aftermarket parts either. Make sure they flow with the body and style of the stock portions of the car too. That's a difficult thing to do since the majority of aftermarket parts left for the GA's are not suited to the stock styling at all. Keep it simple and you'll look a lot better (and it's cheaper!)
2003 GAGT: CAI, SLP Catback, DHP ECM, 18" ASA JH9 Rims, Eibachs, Corvette Z06 Brakes, Front/Rear STBs, Debadged, Dual Post Mirrors, Projector Headlights, Tinted Tails, Fogs, 3rd Brake & Reverse Lights

2009 G8 GXP: #1233 out of 1829 - SOLO Axlebacks, VCM OTR Intake

Last edited by FuriousG; 04-29-2012 at 01:59 PM.
FuriousG is offline   Reply With Quote