View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 02:27 PM   #16
AaronGTR
BlingWithBallz

AKA: Aaron
Vehicle: 2000 Grand Am GT1 2dr
AaronGTR has made plenty of valid pointsAaronGTR has made plenty of valid points
Quote:
Originally Posted by gandolf77 View Post
I've always used synthetic blend oil and am thinkin about switching to full synthetic. Here's my situation: my grand am has 100,000+ miles, I recently had the LIM done, so they changed the upper & lower gaskets and they machined the cylinder head as well, so none of that should have gunk built up that would loosen & leak. So, does the gunk build up somewhere else that I would have to worry about it leaking? Or am I in the clear to switch to synthetic. Thanks for the help guys, I just don't know enough about the inside of engines.

I'd like to know what they supposedly machined on the cylinder heads. Why would they do that? And did they take them off the block? You can't machine something properly while it's in the car, plus there's the risk of getting metal shavings in your engine. There wouldn't be any reason to machine anything anyway, it's not going to make it seal better. I'd say the shop that did your work is full of crap.
AaronGTR is offline   Reply With Quote