RedlineGoods.com   

Go Back   GrandAmGT.com Forum > GAGT - News > Personal Vehicle News

Old 06-24-2008, 12:40 PM   #21
CantBeatIt96
I like Men

AKA: Zak
Vehicle: 1996 Grand Am 5 speed
CantBeatIt96 has a little tarnish on their crown
ya i have 3" alluminum piping here to redo it, but im not until i relocate the battery so that i have more of a straight pipe, the more the bends the less the air is strong into the engine. and i plan to carpet the boz and fiberglass the trunk then im goin to fiberglass the front of the box so that it is all fiberglassed in. im goin to run fiberglass from the side where the seat meets the metal to the box so there is no divet anymore. it should look good when i get done but i might just leave it carpeted tho.
CantBeatIt96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 01:34 PM   #22
Grreen99GT
GAGT - Senior Member

AKA: Josh
Vehicle: 2011 Cruze LTZ
Grreen99GT a trusted member
just to warn you about getting the carbon fiber with that color car, it is going to look hideous together. I have the same color car and I was thinking about doing CF way back in the day and someone photoshopped it for me and it was god awful. So be prepared to get a lot of bad remarks on that until you get it fully painted a different color.

If it was me, I would stop putting money into that car. You are young and the last thing you want to do is dump thousands of dollars into that old of a car that needs a crap load of work to get to show status.
Grreen99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 01:36 PM   #23
Grreen99GT
GAGT - Senior Member

oh and lose the fartcan, looks too big
Old 06-24-2008, 01:39 PM   #24
notsoaveragej0e
Causes a ruckus

AKA: Joe
Vehicle: Maligoat
notsoaveragej0e has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grreen99GT View Post
just to warn you about getting the carbon fiber with that color car, it is going to look hideous together. I have the same color car and I was thinking about doing CF way back in the day and someone photoshopped it for me and it was god awful. So be prepared to get a lot of bad remarks on that until you get it fully painted a different color.

If it was me, I would stop putting money into that car. You are young and the last thing you want to do is dump thousands of dollars into that old of a car that needs a crap load of work to get to show status.
While I do try to support people working on and modding their cars, I think Josh has a valid point here. You really should think hard about where you want to go with this car, it's limitations, and whether a 13 year old car is worth the time and effort. Even though you have some connections to get deals on aftermarket work, your plans are still pretty pricey, and there is a 99% chance you'll never recoup any of that investment.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:48 PM   #25
CantBeatIt96
I like Men

i know but i have a shet load of people in the right places to get this shet really sheap, and its my learners car. i can cut and chop it apart and it wont really matter, i can make it my show car and if not thats fine it dont matter to me, those are the things im hopen ot get, but as i look forward the STi is goin to probably get the most work. im gettin that when i get done Marine Corps boots camp. thats what probably goin to get most of the stuff i plan for this. but right now it keeps me like in this car. .
Old 06-24-2008, 01:49 PM   #26
CantBeatIt96
I like Men

that fart can, is a $200 can, its a skunk2 turbo mega power can, its bad ass. its the thing that gets my car the most creds
Old 06-24-2008, 01:55 PM   #27
Grreen99GT
GAGT - Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantBeatIt96 View Post
i know but i have a shet load of people in the right places to get this shet really sheap, and its my learners car. i can cut and chop it apart and it wont really matter, i can make it my show car and if not thats fine it dont matter to me, those are the things im hopen ot get, but as i look forward the STi is goin to probably get the most work. im gettin that when i get done Marine Corps boots camp. thats what probably goin to get most of the stuff i plan for this. but right now it keeps me like in this car. .
Do you know how to speak English fluently?
Old 06-24-2008, 02:04 PM   #28
CantBeatIt96
I like Men

. ya i just cant type worth a shet, . i know i suck at typin fast and i cant type slow or i really suck at english, most of the people i type know how to read what i type they know me well. . im tryin to get better. , doesnt seem that way tho.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:05 PM   #29
Ajaxus
GAGT - Junkie

AKA: AJ
Vehicle: '01 Subaru Outback LTD
Ajaxus Gettin' there
If I had a dime for every time one of my enlisted friends said they were going to get a nice car after training..I'd have ten cents..
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ChaosweaveR] View Post
Why do you keep thinking I'm some right wing faggot?
Ajaxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 02:05 PM   #30
Ajaxus
GAGT - Junkie

AKA: AJ
Vehicle: '01 Subaru Outback LTD
Ajaxus Gettin' there
Quote:
. ya i just cant type worth a shet, . i know i suck at typin fast and i cant type slow or i really suck at english, most of the people i type know how to read what i type they know me well. . im tryin to get better. , doesnt seem that way tho.
if you say one more 'ing time i'm gonna all the way down on your 'ing mama..
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ChaosweaveR] View Post
Why do you keep thinking I'm some right wing faggot?
Ajaxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 02:10 PM   #31
CantBeatIt96
I like Men

sorry it funny cuz lots of people tell me this but i dont ever get any better no matter how much i try to.
and ive figured it out i will actually be able to get the STi and then pay for one good exhaust system, when i come home for 10 days ill get it mounted and all. then drive her around, then ill save up little by little till i have enough for alot of good shet. then get it all put on and all.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:49 PM   #32
GrandAmGT1996
letstrysupercharged?

AKA: Brandon
Vehicle: celica&boosted mustang
GrandAmGT1996 Gettin' there
Send a message via AIM to GrandAmGT1996
Quote:
that fart can, is a $200 can, its a skunk2 turbo mega power can, its bad ass. its the thing that gets my car the most creds
i actually laughed out loud.
94 Celica - Lowered 4", tint, rims

[SOLD] '01 R6 (limited edition) - Akrapovic exhaust, Scotts Performance Steering Stabilizer, Penske Rear Suspension, Racetech Front Suspension, K&N Jet Kit, and more things I'm probably forgetting.
GrandAmGT1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 07:59 PM   #33
PhantomLover007
'Til I see you again

AKA: Matt
Vehicle: 02 SC/T kitted & M62'd
PhantomLover007 has made plenty of valid pointsPhantomLover007 has made plenty of valid points
Send a message via AIM to PhantomLover007 Send a message via Yahoo to PhantomLover007
Lose the white painted steering wheel man! That definitely sticks out like a sore thumb...

My ride:
GA's ONLY SC/T'ed Grand Am according to CarDomain
PhantomLover007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 08:04 PM   #34
Grreen99GT
GAGT - Senior Member

i was just wondering how you shaved your keyhole on your trunk lid? It looks like you just bonded over it, but I am praying thats not the case.

And also, how do you plan on expanding the spoiler to fit? I have a feeling it will not end up looking that good.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:43 PM   #35
bigbenSC
SC and Loving It!

AKA: Ben
Vehicle: 2005 SRT-6, 2001 GA GT
bigbenSC Gettin' there
Send a message via AIM to bigbenSC
Here's two super awesome mods for your car:

1: Paint your windshield wiper arms black, the peeling paint look really isn't working.

2: Replace your power mirror control in your door panel so you can adjust your mirrors. Being able to see behind your car is really popular these days.
bigbenSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 08:59 PM   #36
CantBeatIt96
I like Men

okay to everyone cuttin it apart. i dont have power windows they are manual and i dont have that switch becuz its broken beyond repair, i cant replace it with out takin the mirror off and all to. so im goin with not doin anyhting to it.

the widsheild wiper was the fact that, that wiper was hit by a fockin bird and it cut the paint up and so i sanded it down and acually forgot about it till now. so thats tomarrow job to fix it.

and no i welded what i could then used gorilla snot to fill in everything, what you see up in the pic is from my 10 second job enough to be able to drive to baltimore without loosing my sound system. its all done up now and done the right way. exactly the way my cousin a perfessional at body work wanted to do it. so no its not just bondo'd in. im not that stupid.

expanding the spoiler will be done by me and my cousin to. fiberglass dumbasss. and it will look as good if not better.

the steering wheel was my friends stupid joke. i had the stearing wheel off and he painted it half white so i had to finsh it but i have an aftermarket MoMo stearing wheel here but i havnt had the time to put it all on. its a quik attach stearing wheel.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:00 AM   #37
RAZE
GAGT oldtimer

Vehicle: 2004 GTO
RAZE has disabled reputation
Stop going overboard with the CF. Leave S$hiit the way it is now. Lose the 4" exhaust tip and put some grilles in the front.
2004 Impulse Blue GTO
99 Grand Prix GT Coupe - 10/10/08-1/9/10
2010 Black Audi S5 Coupe
Current:
2009 Corolla S - Commuter car
2013 Jetta Hybrid - Commuter Car
2005 Metallic Black Pontiac GTO
2014 BMW 650iX M Sport convertible
1987 Fox Body Mustang GT
RAZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 08:36 AM   #38
03SC/T
GAGT - Member

AKA: Mike
Vehicle: 03 Grand Am GT SC/T
03SC/T Gettin' there
The thing I can't figure out is, if you are getting a STi in the near future, what is the purpose of dumping money in this car? Also, it doesn't matter if you paid $200 for that fartcan, its still ricerific. Whether its $200 or $20 all those are the same. They are all straight throughs that sound like a weedeater on steroids.
03SC/T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 12:31 PM   #39
CantBeatIt96
I like Men

no there not actually and i have 4 banger not a 6and it sounds nothin like a fart can. and im not loosing it, its stayin, and i havent dumped much into it. i have people in the right places that get it either free of really cheap. and i luv CF so im stickin whith wat i got planned even tho most of it probably wont happen.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:34 PM   #40
CantBeatIt96
I like Men

and it has grills in it. there black, look at the pics again. you missed them. i had silver **** in but i dont like silver so i made black ones.