GrandAmGT.com Forum
http://www.pfyc.com GrandAmGT.com Premium Memership Signup
CustomCarGrills.com   

Go Back   GrandAmGT.com Forum > GAGT - Modifications - Sponsored by RedlineGoods.com > Member's Car Gallery

Old 06-24-2012, 04:31 PM   #321
[ChaosweaveR]
So that's Vtec...

AKA: Chris
Vehicle: 15 Honda Accord Sport
[ChaosweaveR] has made plenty of valid points[ChaosweaveR] has made plenty of valid points
Send a message via AIM to [ChaosweaveR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDavis View Post
dat purple stripe.

BTW why does the front look lifted?
Stock suspension. These things have more clearance than a GA. The GS stripes are unique with the 8G crowd, just the car's look in general is against the norm with the usual visual mods members like to go for over on TGC.

2015 Honda Accord Sport Sedan: K24W
2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES: 4G64
[ChaosweaveR] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 05:13 PM   #322
bricooper78
Dammit Sleepy

AKA: Cooper
Vehicle: 03 Sierra Z71
bricooper78 has made plenty of valid pointsbricooper78 has made plenty of valid points
not a bad car man, i like it
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastic_indian View Post
the resulting violent shake at highway speed may cause loss of control, white knuckles, loss of dental fillings, urinary incontinence and sudden religious conversion.
bricooper78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:45 PM   #323
AaronGTR
BlingWithBallz

AKA: Aaron
Vehicle: 2000 Grand Am GT1 2dr
AaronGTR has made plenty of valid pointsAaronGTR has made plenty of valid points
Fender stripes are backwards.
AaronGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:03 PM   #324
chris_gt_74
N/A all the way

AKA: Me
Vehicle: 2014 Mustang 3.7
chris_gt_74 Gettin' there
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDavis View Post
dat purple stripe.

BTW why does the front look lifted?
I bet there's a body in that trunk!!
Old 06-24-2012, 09:39 PM   #325
[ChaosweaveR]
So that's Vtec...

[ChaosweaveR] has made plenty of valid points[ChaosweaveR] has made plenty of valid points
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronGTR View Post
Fender stripes are backwards.
wat

Old 06-24-2012, 10:27 PM   #326
locoman99
710ci...per cylinder

AKA: mitch conner
Vehicle: 1999 ga gt1.
locoman99 is infamous around these parts, but not in a good way
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ChaosweaveR] View Post
wat

The direction of the boyracer stripe is the absolute only thing those two cars have in common. lower it. Lose stickers. not sure on white letter tires. Its a mitsubushi galant so props on trying to turn a sows ear into a silk purse.

Last edited by locoman99; 06-24-2012 at 10:39 PM.
locoman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:32 PM   #327
BJPbrandon2448
GAGT - Senior Member

AKA: Brandon
Vehicle: 2002 Grand Am GT
BJPbrandon2448 Gettin' there
I dont like any of the purple, she mise well go hot pink... even that would flow better! Are those made with purple electrical tape? Other than that very nice car Chris.
BJPbrandon2448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:07 AM   #328
street_fire
GAGT - Member

AKA: Ryan
Vehicle: 99 SC/T, 99 Dakota R/T
street_fire Gettin' there
Not bad looking gatant but also not the worst one. The rims/white letter tires looks good
/`/'' ''/` `:-- `--: `\'' ''\`\
/''/ / ///\`. ' ' . /\ \ \//
street_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:55 AM   #329
[ChaosweaveR]
So that's Vtec...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJPbrandon2448 View Post
I dont like any of the purple, she mise well go hot pink... even that would flow better! Are those made with purple electrical tape? Other than that very nice car Chris.
Purple isn't that bad, I remeber when Fabs suggested I run with purple GS stripes on my GAGT. The stripes are vinyl I had cut in a specific length and width.

Quote:
Originally Posted by street_fire View Post
Not bad looking gatant but also not the worst one. The rims/white letter tires looks good
It stands out from the many of the same looking 8G's on TGC. All they'll want is high end wheels and go as low as physically possible on coilovers.

Old 06-25-2012, 01:33 PM   #330
grandam01
Grand Am Enthusiast

AKA: Adam
Vehicle: 2001 Grand Am SE1
grandam01 Gettin' there
Send a message via AIM to grandam01 Send a message via Yahoo to grandam01
Quote:
Originally Posted by bricooper78 View Post
Okay, gotcha. Actually, eventually, and this stuff is all a ways down the road, i really like the borla catback sound, but what it has on there is a bit quiet, but it sounds pretty good. over the years i have fallen out of love with those tips tho

It is a 95'er, actually ran back and forth from illinois to ohio most it's life! I would really like the ls1 interior (not a huge diff i know, but i like it better for some reason) and that ls1, but i'd swap the lt1 nose back onto it, i don't want a sebring/lhs looking camaro... they're (in my opinion kind of) okay looking, but I just really love this sealed beam nose.

i have a car that kept me drooling for all of my teenage years, it's a weird feeling. i've made countless models of that bodystyle, i just love them.. dunno why

i think this one MIGHT have a shift kit in it, but i'm not sure. there is no way at all, ever, that mine would take that monster you're building i'll trade you motors

I hear ya I am actually a huge fan of the LT1 front end, LS1's were brand new when I was in high school and guys were doing LT4 swaps on their LT1's also doing heads and cam too. I would love to LS swap an LT1 car, next time I do it I will use a 98 harness with a 97 LT1 car since the 98 LS1 harness is pretty much plug and play I don't have to redo the harness at all .

Mods: Currently under reconstruction...
Pacesetter Exhaust, GT Rims, Tan Leather interior from GT, MMS Stock Tune, 180 tstat, MPRacing CAI, CMS Springs, Monroe Struts. Soon to come: Possible turbo build.
New Car:2000 Z28 hardtop automatic, Cammed, lid, headers and full exhaust no cats, magnaflow cat back. Built trans and 3800 stall conveter. Runs 7.42 at 92.55 mph (it's a small cam 228/228 .588/.588 112 LSA) Pending a t56 manual swap and possible 6.0L with a turbo.
grandam01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:03 PM   #331
TDavis
GAGT - Junkie

AKA: Tanner
Vehicle: 2000 Grand Am SC/T
TDavis a trusted member
How it sits now:

After the springs have been sitting in my room since March and they got put together on the struts a few weeks ago, finally they are mounted on! Gotta say I'm definitely pleased. Ride quality is definitely ALOT better then what I thought it'd be.

Canuck Springs on KYB gr2 struts with monroe mounts. I never really like taking pictures of my car since I hate how it makes it look, IRL always looks SOOO much better but here you go. Can't drive it till Wednesday which will be to the dealership to get it aligned, my dad aligned it by eye as best he could till we can get to the dealer. After that it needs a clean since my friends shop was over a gravel road A few other mods I did was paint the calipers black, repainted my windshield wiper arms black because they where faded, repainted the trim around my sunroof black because the plastic trim that was placed over the chrome peeled off.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Next up is a set of these 18x8s. I personally saw these on a car IRL a couple days ago on 245/45/18 size tire and they look ALOT better in person of course.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...All&sort=Brand

This should give an idea what they should look like:

Or heres a better idea, a member on the other forum who has them but his car isn't lowered:

Last edited by TDavis; 06-25-2012 at 06:15 PM.
TDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:11 PM   #332
AaronGTR
BlingWithBallz

AKA: Aaron
Vehicle: 2000 Grand Am GT1 2dr
AaronGTR has made plenty of valid pointsAaronGTR has made plenty of valid points
Quote:
wat

Yep, you heard me.

Just because they put them that direction on the GS corvette doesn't mean it's correct. They were wrong too. The entire purpose of those originally was as a racing aid, so drivers could see where their front wheel was. The stripes are supposed to angle forward, and if you line up the stripes properly with the apex of a corner, your front wheel is supposed to hit it perfectly.
AaronGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:47 PM   #333
[ChaosweaveR]
So that's Vtec...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronGTR View Post
Yep, you heard me.

Just because they put them that direction on the GS corvette doesn't mean it's correct. They were wrong too. The entire purpose of those originally was as a racing aid, so drivers could see where their front wheel was. The stripes are supposed to angle forward, and if you line up the stripes properly with the apex of a corner, your front wheel is supposed to hit it perfectly.
Thank you for informing me of what I've already known for years, Aaron.

Old 06-25-2012, 07:43 PM   #334
locoman99
710ci...per cylinder

Quote:
Thank you for informing me of what I've already known for years, Aaron.
Thats impossible because i didnt know that was what they were until aaron said it. And it is impossible that you would know something that i didnt.

So those stripes in one direction would be functional and in the other would be a "nonfunctional decoration"?
Old 06-25-2012, 07:49 PM   #335
[ChaosweaveR]
So that's Vtec...

Quote:
Originally Posted by locoman99 View Post
Thats impossible because i didnt know that was what they were until aaron said it. And it is impossible that you would know something that i didnt.

So those stripes in one direction would be functional and in the other would be a "nonfunctional decoration"?

Old 06-25-2012, 08:00 PM   #336
locoman99
710ci...per cylinder

If you already know they were backwards, why did you say "wat?" Then post a pic of another backwards strip when he first told you? That stripe is rycey..buy another roll of purple duck tape and make it right.

Last edited by locoman99; 06-25-2012 at 08:03 PM.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:02 PM   #337
bricooper78
Dammit Sleepy

AKA: Cooper
Vehicle: 03 Sierra Z71
bricooper78 has made plenty of valid pointsbricooper78 has made plenty of valid points
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJPbrandon2448 View Post
I see what you did there!!! and also i understand the silence of my entirely purple car!

and grandam01--> look up putting an lt on an ls car, it's not very tough, the entire front clip will sit right on there, with a hole needing drilled in both fenders. but it's jigsaw puzzle work ya know, tear down one and take good notes, and puttin it back on the ls shouldn't repeat, shouldn't be a problem!!

them ls1 motors are beasts.

TDavis--- NICE drop man! thumbs up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastic_indian View Post
the resulting violent shake at highway speed may cause loss of control, white knuckles, loss of dental fillings, urinary incontinence and sudden religious conversion.
bricooper78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:13 PM   #338
[ChaosweaveR]
So that's Vtec...

Quote:
If you already know they were backwards, why did you say "wat?" Then post a pic of another backwards strip when he first told you?
>angled forwards

Reading comprehension seems to elude you. The stripes are angled forwards, are they not? Or are you just going to continue being the passive aggressive douche as usual?

Guess that's wrong.

This one is, too?

I guess even this variant is wrong by your logic:

Oh, let's not forget how many GAGT owners on here that added GS stripes to their cars. Better find each member and down talk to them all to satisfy your superiority complex.

Old 06-25-2012, 08:21 PM   #339
locoman99
710ci...per cylinder

I dont umderstand why you are arguing with aaron about the direction of tje stripe. His explanation of the purpose made perfect sense. It would just seem you would use your time fixing the huge dent on the fender or address all the paint peeling off the front bumper before you worried about the direction of your fancy racin stripes on your galant.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:24 PM   #340
[ChaosweaveR]
So that's Vtec...

Quote:
I dont umderstand why you are arguing with aaron about the direction of tje stripe. His explanation of the purpose made perfect sense. It would just seem you would use your time fixing the huge dent on the fender or address all the paint peeling off the front bumper before you worried about the direction of your fancy racin stripes on your galant.
>angled forwards

Had to repeat this a second time, since you ignore certain things.

That's cute, at least I have cars to actually show in this thread. You've yet to contribute to my thread. At all.

You don't have a Grand Am. GTFO.

Tags
420yo, badgerbadgerevrywhere, bow2hobo, bye redneckshade, chaos is back nigguh, chaosisapuzzy, dave jimmies rustled, honey bager, i boned yer mum, jimlovesdatgreen, locodouche-is-back, lol@chaosbanned, old age rage, old fart is back, secretagentfaggot, sleepy is a ricer, tanner bein as$y, undercoverpothead