GrandAmGT.com Forum
http://www.pfyc.com GrandAmGT.com Premium Memership Signup
RedlineGoods.com   

Go Back   GrandAmGT.com Forum > GAGT - Modifications - Sponsored by RedlineGoods.com > Car Audio, Video & Security

Old 07-26-2012, 02:46 PM   #1
pauljs75
GAGT - Member

Vehicle: 2001 Grand AM GT Sedan
pauljs75 Gettin' there
Unhappy GMParts Direct - problem ordering speakers

From what I've read on this forum, the company seems to have a good reputation here. Which is why I ordered from them instead of messing around with eBay or Amazon.

So I ordered a pair of factory replacement speakers from them, but only recieved one so far. Should I complain to UPS already, or try to get in touch with GMPartsDirect again? The speaker I did get appears in good condition, appears to be what I wanted, and was double-boxed.

The order info only seems to have one confirmation number for the delivery, which leads me to believe that I should have recieved two speakers individually boxed inside the big box. But this is not the case.

Is it normal to have some kind of delay between multiple items on an order? (But no feedback indicating this.)

Anyone else have a problem like this, and what would be the quickest way to resolve it?
pauljs75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:33 AM   #2
caraudiodave
Boring old man

AKA: Dave
Vehicle: '13 Camry hybrid
caraudiodave Gettin' there
I would contact them and ask if they should have come together. Are you sure you selected a pair? They might be sold in singles so you might have needed to select 2. If you did order 2, either they screwed up or maybe it is back ordered.
2013 Toyota Camry hybrid: Pioneer AVIC-8000NEX, Phoenix Gold ZPA0.3 (300 x 2), Phoenix Gold ZPA0.3 (300 x 2), Phoenix Gold ZPA0.5 (1000 x 1), Dynaudio MD100 (1" tweeters), Dynaudio MW160 (6.5" mids), Eclipse SW8812 (12" aluminum cone subwoofer)
caraudiodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:39 PM   #3
pauljs75
GAGT - Member

pauljs75 Gettin' there
I emailed them again, and no reply. They apparently don't have a phone number to get in touch with.

Should I start telling people that GMpartdirect doesn't deliver when ordering multiple parts? (Some of those posts are old, maybe the company went downhill a lot since it was last recommended on this site.)

This is annoying, I just want the second speaker of the pair I was billed for. If it takes much longer, I'll call my bank about doing a charge-back for $43 on the speaker they didn't send.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:07 PM   #4
caraudiodave
Boring old man

AKA: Dave
Vehicle: '13 Camry hybrid
caraudiodave Gettin' there
I wish I knew what to say. It is possible that they went downhill, its also possible that the speaker is backordered. Sorry I cant be more helpful.
2013 Toyota Camry hybrid: Pioneer AVIC-8000NEX, Phoenix Gold ZPA0.3 (300 x 2), Phoenix Gold ZPA0.3 (300 x 2), Phoenix Gold ZPA0.5 (1000 x 1), Dynaudio MD100 (1" tweeters), Dynaudio MW160 (6.5" mids), Eclipse SW8812 (12" aluminum cone subwoofer)
caraudiodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:24 PM   #5
pauljs75
GAGT - Member

pauljs75 Gettin' there
Got everything so it's all good now. That's a relief.

One thing the company should do though...

If you can't deliver multiple parts at the same time (backorders or whatever) you should make sure to inform your customers of that situation ahead of time. Save yourself some possible bad exposure, and you wont be pestered too much or unnecessarily. (I think it would be worth being pro-active in this regard.) Customers really do like to know this, because sometimes they need all the parts on hand at once to do a job. No point in taking stuff apart multiple times to install each part if it can all be done at once. If this not out of necessity, sometimes it's also out of convenience - not everybody has a big open schedule to take care of such stuff.

So they did deliver, but I'd say their customer service needs a little work.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:38 PM   #6
unchained_01
Manic Mechanic

AKA: albert
Vehicle: 2003 grand am gt
unchained_01 Gettin' there
Send a message via MSN to unchained_01 Send a message via Yahoo to unchained_01
so what did the speakers set you back ?

Tags
gmpartsdirect, ordering, problem, speakers