GrandAmGT.com Forum
http://www.pfyc.com GrandAmGT.com Premium Memership Signup
CustomCarGrills.com   

Go Back   GrandAmGT.com Forum > GAGT - Technical - Sponsored by www.MilzyMotorSports.com > Warranty, TSB and Recall Info

Old 11-06-2012, 10:34 PM   #21
Redboneohio
Bad B**** no muzzle

AKA: Tierra
Vehicle: 2010 Sonata gls
Redboneohio Gettin' there
Send a message via Yahoo to Redboneohio Send a message via Skype™ to Redboneohio
Hazard switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman View Post
These sections are for:

Posting / asking about TSB's
Asking about Warranty Information (good warranty information located at SEMA's web site.
Asking how to approach a dealer for service / repairs.
Anything else along these lines that does not fit in to the General / Technical Q&A forums.

These sections are not for:

Complaining about your warped rotors.
Complaining about service at a dealer, this should be left for regional forums.... this also includes Pointless Rants.
My GA just hit 170,000 miles after it turned over I started to hear clicking of the hazard switch. I wanted to know if it's to late to stop by a dealer and get it fixed? It's a 2000 Grand am Se I look up the vin # and its not under the recall. Also for more information the car was built 04/2000.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:02 PM   #22
FuriousG
Nürburgring Driven!

AKA: Isaiah
Vehicle: '03 GAGT / '09 G8 GXP
FuriousG Gettin' there
Probably easier to just clean the switches (there's a how-to on the forums here) or buy a new multifunction switch (that's the one with your wipers/headlights.) The random clicking is almost always caused by arcing within the multifunction switch. I've cleaned/lubed mine at least 4 or 5 times in the 9 years I've owned my GAGT.

Unless the random clicking isn't the problem you're actually having. I'm just assuming that from what you posted.
2003 GAGT: CAI, SLP Catback, DHP ECM, 18" ASA JH9 Rims, Eibachs, Corvette Z06 Brakes, Front/Rear STBs, Debadged, Dual Post Mirrors, Projector Headlights, Tinted Tails, Fogs, 3rd Brake & Reverse Lights

2009 G8 GXP: #1233 out of 1829 - SOLO Axlebacks, VCM OTR Intake
FuriousG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 04:43 PM   #23
AaronGTR
BlingWithBallz

AKA: Aaron
Vehicle: 2000 Grand Am GT1 2dr
AaronGTR has made plenty of valid pointsAaronGTR has made plenty of valid points
So, I've been ignoring the recall notices... and now they've started emailing MY DAD!
I have no idea how they even got his email. He's never had anything to do with my car and I've never provided his email for anything associated with it.
AaronGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 12:35 PM   #24
Y2KGA
GAGT - Member

Vehicle: 2000 Grand Am SE Coupe
Y2KGA Gettin' there
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronGTR View Post
So, I've been ignoring the recall notices... and now they've started emailing MY DAD!
I have no idea how they even got his email. He's never had anything to do with my car and I've never provided his email for anything associated with it.

I just got another notice from them too and the car was destroyed by Hurricane Sandy three years ago. Usually a recall notice gives you the option to say that the car was sold,totaled, etc. None of the notices I received have this option.
Y2KGA is offline   Reply With Quote