GrandAmGT.com Forum
http://www.pfyc.com GrandAmGT.com Premium Memership Signup
MilzyMotorsports.com   

Go Back   GrandAmGT.com Forum > GAGT - Modifications - Sponsored by RedlineGoods.com > All Go (Performance modifications)

Old 05-02-2003, 07:08 PM   #1
gtBokes
2.4L Mayhem

Vehicle: 97 GA GT Coupe
gtBokes Gettin' there
Send a message via AIM to gtBokes Send a message via Yahoo to gtBokes
short ram intake and CAI?

ok, first.. what is the difference between short ram intake and cold air intake? and second.. i they are different, can you put them both on the car, or is it not worth it?
gtBokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 07:26 PM   #2
Chaotic Reality
GAGT - Member

Vehicle: '04 Nissan SE-R Spec V
Chaotic Reality Gettin' there
Send a message via ICQ to Chaotic Reality Send a message via AIM to Chaotic Reality
CAI leads the filter into your fender well. Short ram is still under the hood I believe...and you can't have both.

-Jon
Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Chaotic Reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:25 PM   #3
jenwhite
User account under probation

AKA: Jennifer
Vehicle: 1998 Grand AM
jenwhite Gettin' there
re: short ram intake and CAI?

Cold air intakes is denser and creates more power while short ram intake is located inside the engine bay and creates power with better response times than a cold air, but the air is not as dense. A short ram intake is generally less expensive as well, and easier to install.
Sometimes a manufacture won't offer a cold air since it doesn't increase power than short ram intake. They both have benefits and disadvantages. it depends on what you are looking for, they differ in torque and horsepower.

Last edited by AaronGTR; 06-28-2012 at 09:57 PM.
jenwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:52 PM   #4
bricooper78
Dammit Sleepy

AKA: Cooper
Vehicle: 03 Sierra Z71
bricooper78 has made plenty of valid pointsbricooper78 has made plenty of valid points
^ hell of a first post. +1 for the newbie

and OP, go with a CAI, the car is a little happier with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastic_indian View Post
the resulting violent shake at highway speed may cause loss of control, white knuckles, loss of dental fillings, urinary incontinence and sudden religious conversion.
bricooper78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:09 PM   #5
AaronGTR
BlingWithBallz

AKA: Aaron
Vehicle: 2000 Grand Am GT1 2dr
AaronGTR has made plenty of valid pointsAaronGTR has made plenty of valid points
look at teh noob... one post on the forum and already giving out tech advise. But really, way to reply to a NINE YEAR OLD thread. Neither one of those posters has been on the forum since 2005 or earlier, and I'm pretty certain neither one has the same car anymore either. No need to dig this thread up. I'm sure he's figured it out by now, or just doesn't care anymore.

Last edited by AaronGTR; 05-08-2012 at 10:11 PM.
AaronGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:17 PM   #6
rtodd02gt
GAGT - Member

AKA: Richard
Vehicle: 2002 Grand Am gt
rtodd02gt Gettin' there
Damn how far back did you go in this site?? Were you that bored?????
rtodd02gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:13 AM   #7
stillriza
does not compute

AKA: Reds
Vehicle: 00110110101
stillriza a trusted member
Send a message via MSN to stillriza
What's the big deal giving it a newbie who posted info on this site? So what if it's an old topic, now it's there for everyone else who searches and stumbles on thread. Did he kill internet treez by putting the info there or did he polute the forum by posting relevant info that can be searched by all newbies? you guys always saying "SEARCH, before u post" right? What's the point of searching if you guys take a **** on a new guy for posting in an old thread. Just saying..

"If the Start Windows Restart when Windows starts check box is checked Windows Restart will start automatically every time Windows is started. - Actual excerpt from a windows program help file"
stillriza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:55 AM   #8
locoman99
710ci...per cylinder

AKA: mitch conner
Vehicle: 1999 ga gt1.
locoman99 is infamous around these parts, but not in a good way
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillriza View Post
What's the big deal giving it a newbie who posted info on this site? So what if it's an old topic, now it's there for everyone else who searches and stumbles on thread. Did he kill internet treez by putting the info there or did he polute the forum by posting relevant info that can be searched by all newbies? you guys always saying "SEARCH, before u post" right? What's the point of searching if you guys take a **** on a new guy for posting in an old thread. Just saying..
Its prob because it was a girl...he might be afraid of em. Lol
locoman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:01 PM   #9
bricooper78
Dammit Sleepy

bricooper78 has made plenty of valid pointsbricooper78 has made plenty of valid points
Quote:
Read before you react bub. dayuuuummm

1> Jennifer is generally a girls name.
2> I indeed added on the reputation (aka +1) of said post... because it was a GOOD POST. Thats the little grey thing that looks like a scale under the username.
3> I was simply saying, that was a hell of a first post, which does not mean it was a bad post, just like "hey so and so hit a hell of a home run the other day"

and just to be an as$ you mean "giving it to a newbie"??? yes that was a jab, and you deserved it

calm down, breathe... we'll make it through this!!

and ps, loco, ima be forced to take you off iggy if you're going to fit in around here! i didn't see that you already pointed out the jennifer dang it
Quote:
the resulting violent shake at highway speed may cause loss of control, white knuckles, loss of dental fillings, urinary incontinence and sudden religious conversion.

Last edited by bricooper78; 05-09-2012 at 07:04 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:09 AM   #10
stillriza
does not compute

AKA: Reds
Vehicle: 00110110101
stillriza a trusted member
Send a message via MSN to stillriza
Quote:
Originally Posted by bricooper78 View Post
Read before you react bub. dayuuuummm

1> Jennifer is generally a girls name.
2> I indeed added on the reputation (aka +1) of said post... because it was a GOOD POST. Thats the little grey thing that looks like a scale under the username.
3> I was simply saying, that was a hell of a first post, which does not mean it was a bad post, just like "hey so and so hit a hell of a home run the other day"

and just to be an as$ you mean "giving it to a newbie"??? yes that was a jab, and you deserved it

calm down, breathe... we'll make it through this!!

and ps, loco, ima be forced to take you off iggy if you're going to fit in around here! i didn't see that you already pointed out the jennifer dang it
Girl or guy, makes no difference. And for the record, my post was not directed at you, but at aaron. I could search and prob bring up a few threads where it's the same 'Way to bring up an old thread or discussed before, you should search.. etc etc'.

My point was, isn't this that's what a forum is for??

"If the Start Windows Restart when Windows starts check box is checked Windows Restart will start automatically every time Windows is started. - Actual excerpt from a windows program help file"

Last edited by stillriza; 05-10-2012 at 07:29 AM.
stillriza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:11 PM   #11
Grreen99GT
GAGT - Senior Member

AKA: Josh
Vehicle: 2011 Cruze LTZ
Grreen99GT a trusted member
I think Aaron was just getting at the fact that he cannot believe somebody went through the trouble of posting on a 9 year old thread. I don't think he cared that post was made because it was a good post.
Grreen99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:24 PM   #12
[ChaosweaveR]
So that's Vtec...

AKA: Chris
Vehicle: 2005 Honda Accord EX-L
[ChaosweaveR] has made plenty of valid points[ChaosweaveR] has made plenty of valid points
Send a message via AIM to [ChaosweaveR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grreen99GT View Post
I think Aaron was just getting at the fact that he cannot believe somebody went through the trouble of posting on a 9 year old thread. I don't think he cared that post was made because it was a good post.
Bingo. The OP has probably long forgotten about this forum.

Searching, yes we recommend that. But not reviving 9 year old topics. Also, @ the tags.

2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe: K24A4
2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES: 4G64
Follow my unique blog on FB ------> Mighty the Armadillo
Problem, ricers?
[ChaosweaveR] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:56 PM   #13
locoman99
710ci...per cylinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ChaosweaveR] View Post
Bingo. The OP has probably long forgotten about this forum.

Searching, yes we recommend that. But not reviving 9 year old topics. Also, @ the tags.
awwwww....someone got their feelers hurt.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:33 PM   #14
bricooper78
Dammit Sleepy

still, go ahead and dig 'em up. unless someone *ahem above* is d!cking the place up, i just come in and toss a little crap, just a general hard time, i don't care to really attack, and my track record shows that...

speaking of track record, now that i've given my pitch, i'm going to run for president, vote for me, i can't be half as bad as either one of the turds that are running.

paid for by Sik's mom

ps, i love playing with tags on this site, easily my favorite part of gagt
Quote:
Old 05-10-2012, 07:33 PM   #15
AaronGTR
BlingWithBallz

AKA: Aaron
Vehicle: 2000 Grand Am GT1 2dr
AaronGTR has made plenty of valid pointsAaronGTR has made plenty of valid points
Quote:
Girl or guy, makes no difference. And for the record, my post was not directed at you, but at aaron. I could search and prob bring up a few threads where it's the same 'Way to bring up an old thread or discussed before, you should search.. etc etc'.

My point was, isn't this that's what a forum is for??
Yes, she made a good post, but I stand by my opinion that is was pointless. There is plenty of good info already on here on the difference between intakes... in fact, there is much more info in other, longer/better threads. And the main purpose of the OP's question seemed to be what he should install on his car. Since he doesn't frequent the forum anymore and probably doesn't have the car anymore, that's why I say the post was pointless. Whether it had good info or not...

Yes, we want people to search for commonly answered info before they start a new thread to ask a question. However we don't need people needlessly answering questions in long dead threads and bringing them back to the top of the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grreen99GT View Post
Exactly. Thank you.
AaronGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:40 PM   #16
locoman99
710ci...per cylinder

I post one sentence in the thread and it gets tagged about me...locoman dont give fuk..he does what he wants and takes what he wants. Make it about me..locoman is flattered.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:43 PM   #17
bricooper78
Dammit Sleepy

come on silly, you've posted 3 sentences
Quote:
Old 05-10-2012, 11:11 PM   #18
[ChaosweaveR]
So that's Vtec...

AKA: Chris
Vehicle: 2005 Honda Accord EX-L
[ChaosweaveR] has made plenty of valid points[ChaosweaveR] has made plenty of valid points
Send a message via AIM to [ChaosweaveR]

2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe: K24A4
2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES: 4G64
Follow my unique blog on FB ------> Mighty the Armadillo
Problem, ricers?
[ChaosweaveR] is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chaosweaver 4 president, locoman go chug bleach, locoman is still a fag, morebutthurt, votecooper! pound butt