GrandAmGT.com Forum
http://www.pfyc.com GrandAmGT.com Premium Memership Signup
MilzyMotorsports.com   

Go Back   GrandAmGT.com Forum > GAGT - Modifications - Sponsored by RedlineGoods.com > All Show (Appearance modifications)

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 11:29 PM   #1
bobusboy
University Student

AKA: Ryan
Vehicle: 2002 GAGT sedan
bobusboy Gettin' there
Borla Vs SLP

cat back systems, borla vs SLP i've heard that Borla is much better, but is this true? and why?
Old 07-07-2009, 11:46 PM   #2
FuriousG
Nürburgring Driven!

AKA: Isaiah
Vehicle: '03 GAGT / '09 G8 GXP
FuriousG Gettin' there
Depends on what you're looking for. There are numerous topics on here that I read when I decided. Try searching for the videos of each so that you can get an idea of how lud they are. I went with SLP since I liked the sound of that one better but my wife would have preferred a slightly quieter purr like the Borla is known for. Either exhaust is a great upgrade but without knowing what your purpose for upgrading is, it's nearly impossible to give you a good recommendation on which one to buy.

Of course, if you want brand new catback you can cross SLP off your list since they don't make them anymore. You would have to buy a used one. I got mine used and I haven't had any problems with it in the 2 years it's been on my car.

Search around the forums and you'll find a lot of information about both systems.
2003 GAGT: CAI, SLP Catback, DHP ECM, 18" ASA JH9 Rims, Eibachs, Corvette Z06 Brakes, Front/Rear STBs, Debadged, Dual Post Mirrors, Projector Headlights, Tinted Tails, Fogs, 3rd Brake & Reverse Lights

2009 G8 GXP: #1233 out of 1829 - SOLO Axlebacks, VCM OTR Intake
Old 07-07-2009, 11:58 PM   #3
AaronGTR
BlingWithBallz

AKA: Aaron
Vehicle: 2000 Grand Am GT1 2dr
AaronGTR has made plenty of valid pointsAaronGTR has made plenty of valid points
Borla is actually smaller diameter piping, so if it's power you are looking for the SLP is actually better, and I much prefer the sound of the SLP myself because it's deeper than the Borla. As stated though, they don't make the SLP anymore so it's a moot point.
Closed Thread

Tags
borla, exhaust, slp