GrandAmGT.com Forum
http://www.pfyc.com GrandAmGT.com Premium Memership Signup
CustomCarGrills.com   

Go Back   GrandAmGT.com Forum > GAGT - Classifieds - Sponsored by www.RotorsOnline.com > Stuff For Sale

Old 03-25-2009, 12:53 PM   #1
KhellendrosxS
Im A Motherfuc*er

AKA: Chris
Vehicle: 2001 Grand Am GT
KhellendrosxS a trusted member
Send a message via AIM to KhellendrosxS
<<***RSM Supercharger***>> And other small items

I have a few things for sale, the biggest of which is my RSM supercharger kit. I have owned it for a little over a year and due to a severe lack of motivation never got around to using it to its fullest.

Initaial deposit made by scott_c83

I bought it in the winter of 08 and it sat on the floor until Easter of that same year. At the time I bought it it had about 5000 miles on it. I have only used it for about 500 miles. I had it on the car for a few days before it started leaking oil so back off it came until I could get a new O ring. The O ring got installed right away but I was so busy with work that I didn’t put it back on the car until July of 08 when I took it to Milan Dragway in Michigan. On the way to the track my motor started making a ticking sound (which later turned out to be a lifter) but I took the supercharger off as a precaution. The tune was also not quite right at the time so I never took it down the quarter but I had several friends ride in it the day before and they all agreed that it felt much more powerful than stock. It has been off the car since that time at Milan and my oil pan started leaking so I just decided I would switch my oil pan back to my factory one and call it quits.

My supercharger is for sale. It has had the following upgrades performed:

1) Thorough check of the innards to check for bad bearings (none found)
2) Replaced the crappy plastic shielded shaft bearing with a 1630ZZ metal shielded bearing
3) Grade 8 Allen head bolts throughout (these are stronger than the bolts RSM provides)
4) Stronger shear pins (lots of people had problems with shear pins breaking and then the supercharger wouldn’t spin)
5) Lubed the drive shaft so if you need to take it apart it won’t be stuck if you ever need to service it.

You will get everything in the picture below:

Included is the Vortec V-9 (which I cleaned and polished)
Filter (you can have the one pictured or Ill include the smaller K&N, your choice)
Mounting brackets and hardware
Vortec Blow off Valve
Plumbing so you can put the MAF back in if you want to (RSM takes it out, I would recommend leaving it in)
Battery relocation tray and cables (Came with kit, I never used it. If putting the MAF back in you need to get one that will move the battery to the trunk, NAPA has them cheap)
Gatorback Belt
Oil feed and return lines and fittings that came with it (you may need to substitute some other fittings if you have a gauge you want to hook up)
Spare Oil Pan

The polishing was done by me and was only done on the blower side (not the gear drive side) and was only done in the areas I could reach but with the filter on you will never even see the other areas. Its not perfect but its a heck of a lot better than what it was. I will include a lot of clamps, hose, couplings, etc that were never a part of the original kit so please keep that in mind that you are getting more than the kit from z-spec (RSM) or PFYC and it has had the necessary upgrades that their kits do not. There is one piece of the fan shroud that is missing from the kit (it was missing when I bought it) but you can take a hacksaw or dremel and remove 1 fin from your factory fan guard and it will work just fine. Also, the lower radiator hose that came with the kit had a hole in it so it will not be included but all you have to do is trim an inch off your factory hose and you will be fine.

I spent $2600 on this and another $100 or so on the extra couplers, piping, filter, and oil pan I am throwing in so please don’t lowball me. I will ask that the buyer wait for me to provide a shipping quote BEFORE they send payment. This item will be handled by a first come first served basis but I will not refuse a holding fee. The fee will be $250 (to weed out the tire kickers) and I can also work with you if you want to make payments. I had a local friend who was making payments on it but had some life issues come up so I gave him a refund and now it is back for sale.

Additional Pictures:

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Now, the other stuff for sale.

I have:

SOLD to 00GTOwner1 center defrost vent. It is not cracked but does have a mysterious spot on it, I tried soap and water and it got most of it off but there is still a small shiny discolored spot on the passenger side corner. I would only buy this if you plan to paint it. I would like to get $30 shipped

SOLD to 00GTOwner1 Center console cup holder. Im pretty sure these only came in the GT but I cant be sure. Make an offer. Shipping will be $5

SOLD to bp's97gagt2 Coupe headrest seatbelt holders. These came off of my buddies leather seats. He has a sedan and cant use them in his car. You can barely see any grooves in them from where the seatbelt would slide around on them. Make an offer. Shipping is $5

SOLD to Arctic3 HVAC knobs. The knobs are in perfect shape. I pulled them at a yard I was at and cleaned them up (they were covered in dirt). I will do $10 shipped each or $20 shipped for all three. I will clear them for $30 shipped due to the hassle. You will have to provide me with a couple of days to do the work on them if you want them cleared.

1 Steering wheel clockspring. I pulled a steering wheel with radio controls and no longer need this. It was removed in perfect working condition. $65 shipped.

5 Vents and vent rings. These are all in perfect condition except for 1 which has 1 tab broken off in the back. I would like to sell them together. Make an offer. Shipping will be $5.

1 Dimmer/Foglight switch. Allen sent me one and my wife bought me one on ebay. I now have one that I do not need. I will sell the ebay one including the wiring pigtail for $20 shipped.

2 Leather shift knobs. Both have itty bitty knicks in the leather that aren’t very noticeable unless you get right up close to them. One is mine that I bumped when removing my stereo and the other is from a JY pull. I will do $25 shipped for each.

I am open to any reasonable offer on any of the above items, just try not to lowball me. I will accept payments made through Paypal (add 3% to the total please) or by Postal Money Order. Please allow me to clear the MO before I ship your stuff, I don’t want to get screwed. I will ship via USPS immediately after payments have cleared unless you specify otherwise. The only thing being shipped UPS will be the supercharger, it will be insured and I will provide the buyer with a tracking number upon cleared payment.

If I do not get back to you or you get a message that my PM box is full please send an email to Khellendrosxs@icmail dot(.) net.

Thanks for looking!

SHOW:
Camaro Brake Upgrade, F/R Sway Bars, SLP STB

Last edited by KhellendrosxS; 04-04-2009 at 06:49 PM.
KhellendrosxS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:23 PM   #2
bp's97gagt
The car wisperer

AKA: Brandon
Vehicle: 97+98 Grand Am GT
bp's97gagt Gettin' there
pm'd
bp's97gagt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:38 PM   #3
KhellendrosxS
Im A Motherfuc*er

Replied.

SHOW:
Old 03-25-2009, 10:44 PM   #4
C-Rell da kid
GAGT - Member

AKA: Carl
Vehicle: 2004 Grand Am Gt Coupe
C-Rell da kid Gettin' there
ah wish it was in my budget =[
C-Rell da kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:51 PM   #5
RPO3
BayBeee

AKA: Ron
Vehicle: 2004 Grand AM GT Sedan
RPO3 Gettin' there
Send a message via AIM to RPO3
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Rell da kid View Post
ah wish it was in my budget =[
x2
Im just not to the point where im working just on performance
or i would be all over it as well.
RPO3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:22 AM   #6
black00gt1
B0osTeD

AKA: BOOST!!!
Vehicle: 2000 GaGt
black00gt1 Gettin' there
watch out for the tire kickers,i went thru this. ppl calling it but wanna do payments glad with mine i found a guy with $ in hand.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:03 AM   #7
KhellendrosxS
Im A Motherfuc*er

Yep, thats why I set up a deposit.

I dont mind doing the payment thing (I dont need the money right this second). I just want it to get to somebody whos actually going to use it.

SHOW:
Old 03-26-2009, 01:29 PM   #8
black00gt1
B0osTeD

black00gt1 Gettin' there
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhellendrosxS View Post
you took the sc apart?
Old 03-26-2009, 01:39 PM   #9
gaowners32
Omg B00Bz

AKA: Cory
Vehicle: 09 Ford Fusion SEL AWD
gaowners32 a trusted member

If anyone needs financing and is in the TRISTATE COUNTY look above at the tier lending rates they are high but if you want this supercharger I can decrease the rate by .50 depending on current accounts held.
gaowners32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:50 PM   #10
KhellendrosxS
Im A Motherfuc*er

Quote:
Originally Posted by black00gt1 View Post
you took the sc apart?

Yep, I thought the noise was coming from in there but all the bearings are turning freely with no wobble or noise.

gaowners, thanks for posting up about the loan info!

SHOW:
Old 03-26-2009, 10:43 PM   #11
black00gt1
B0osTeD

black00gt1 Gettin' there
i was told by vortech if i took apart the sc i void all warrenty's and it needed to be taken apart in a certain sequence and put together in a certain sequence or it could be verry bad and lock up on ya,hope you got instructions from thom on how to do so i spoke with jamie real nice guy but highly suggested that the customer not take the sc apart there is no reason for us to take the sc apart nothing in there for us to mess with,hope you didn't f it up because to have them rework the sc is 670.00.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:31 AM   #12
KhellendrosxS
Im A Motherfuc*er

Quote:
Originally Posted by black00gt1 View Post
i was told by vortech if i took apart the sc i void all warrenty's and it needed to be taken apart in a certain sequence and put together in a certain sequence or it could be verry bad and lock up on ya,hope you got instructions from thom on how to do so i spoke with jamie real nice guy but highly suggested that the customer not take the sc apart there is no reason for us to take the sc apart nothing in there for us to mess with,hope you didn't f it up because to have them rework the sc is 670.00.
Eddie, thanks for pointing that out but I want to clear out a little bit of why I did that. The supercharger at this point is well out of Vortech's 1 year limited warranty (it was probably out long before I bought it) so there really was no harm done in that regard.

As for things locking up, I had it apart once before because the oil seal started leaking. At the time there was a person selling rebuild kits on ebay so I bought a new seal kit from him and installed that to stop the leaking. This time it was apart I was checking for any bearings that might have been worn out but of course they all looked like new.

There are two posts on the housing that align it when it gets put back together (much like a small engine crankcase) and the two halves slipped back together like a glove.

The buyer can rest assured that there is no damage to any gears or bearings inside the supercharger.

I am bumping because the original buyer had family issues so it is still for sale.

SHOW:
Old 03-30-2009, 11:36 AM   #13
04GrandAM SC/T
Boosted

AKA: Mark
Vehicle: 08 CSRT-4
04GrandAM SC/T Still kinda new, but learning
Send a message via AIM to 04GrandAM SC/T
What's the deal with the payment plan stuff? How would you work it out?
Might be interested, not 100% positive. Just thinking things through.

Can you put this blower on a stock motor and not have any issues? Does mileage on the motor matter?
04GrandAM SC/T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:23 AM   #14
bax11
speed-demon

AKA: Ryan
Vehicle: 2001 Grand Am Gt Coupe
bax11 Gettin' there
PM'd.

soon to come:
front and rear sway bars/ front and rear strut bars/ Eibach lowering springs/KYB-AGX Sport Adjustable Struts/ 18" black fork spoke w. chrome lip rims/ Kenwood DPX-301 headunit w. Ipod control module/ red engine plumbing
bax11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 02:48 PM   #15
KhellendrosxS
Im A Motherfuc*er

To

The

Freakin

Top.

SHOW:
Old 04-09-2009, 01:02 AM   #16
g4mbl3
GAGT - Member

AKA: Nick
Vehicle: 2002 Grand Am GT Coupe
g4mbl3 Gettin' there
how much of a gain is this? better for the low end or high end? good for a stock motor? looking for speed, and this would cure it. hows the deposit doing? just let me know c/ im pretty interested
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanbgb22 View Post
I needed penetrating lube and a sledgehammer.
g4mbl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:48 PM   #17
99grandam
Captain Flipper

AKA: Martin
Vehicle: 1999 Grand Am Gt
99grandam Gettin' there
Send a message via MSN to 99grandam
heyyy for the v9 blower is their a oring goes behind the cover were the oil go throught the cover to the sc case for the b hight speed earings
Old 02-01-2012, 02:40 PM   #18
Shade2012
GAGT - Senior Member

AKA: Logan
Vehicle: 2000 Grand Am GT Coupe
Shade2012 a trusted member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99grandam View Post
heyyy for the v9 blower is their a oring goes behind the cover were the oil go throught the cover to the sc case for the b hight speed earings
This is a three year old post...
Shade2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:26 PM   #19
hahano404

um.. what?
Old 02-01-2012, 03:45 PM   #20
[ChaosweaveR]
So that's Vtec...

Vehicle: 15 Honda Accord Sport
[ChaosweaveR] has made plenty of valid points[ChaosweaveR] has made plenty of valid points
Send a message via AIM to [ChaosweaveR]
This is what PM's are for.

2015 Honda Accord Sport Sedan: K24W
2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES: 4G64
[ChaosweaveR] is offline   Reply With Quote