GrandAmGT.com Forum
http://www.pfyc.com GrandAmGT.com Premium Memership Signup
RedlineGoods.com   

Go Back   GrandAmGT.com Forum > GAGT - Modifications - Sponsored by RedlineGoods.com > Car Audio, Video & Security

Old 09-16-2002, 05:23 AM   #1
Jeremy
Unpimped my Mazda

AKA: Jeremy
Vehicle: 07 Tahoe LTZ ,12 Jetta
Jeremy a trusted member
Online Audio Reccomendations

Good Places To Go:

www.abtelectronics.com
www.thezeb.com/
www.crutchfield.com - a bit pricey though
www.ikesound.com
www.etronics.com
www.discountsjungle.com
www.carmedia1.com
www.sounddomain.com
http://www.shop4sound.com
www.bsless.com

Places To Stay Away From:
www.CompetitionSound.com
www.savinglots.com
www.cmttrading.com
www.tms-electronics.com

12 VW Jetta

07 Tahoe LTZ 4x4

Over the firewall, out the antenna, into the router, shot to the modem, out the transponder, bounce into space, off the satellite, over their firewall, into the forums .... nothing but NET
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2002, 05:27 AM   #2
Jeremy
Unpimped my Mazda

AKA: Jeremy
Vehicle: 07 Tahoe LTZ ,12 Jetta
Jeremy a trusted member
Please post your good sources and places to avoid so we can update the original post

12 VW Jetta

07 Tahoe LTZ 4x4

Over the firewall, out the antenna, into the router, shot to the modem, out the transponder, bounce into space, off the satellite, over their firewall, into the forums .... nothing but NET
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2002, 08:00 AM   #3
MIAaron
GAGT - Member

Vehicle: 2000 GT Coupe
MIAaron Gettin' there
www.ampmanaudio.com

Also, if you register @ www.teamamp.com you will get %5 off your first purchase.

I was truly amazed with the service they gave me. Not only to they carry the best of the best equipment, but at good prices to. Kirk, the owner of this site has an incredible wealth of knowledge. I'll tell you about my first experience.

I had just bought an Adire Shiva 12" sub for my gf's camaro. I mentioned this as a side not to Kirk while talking about the purchase. A few days later I recieve an email, from Dan Wiggins, owner of Adire Audio with the ideal enclose specs for the sub in a camaro, right down the to # of oz of polyfil to use. Now my gf's camaro hits around 140db with one 12". Now that's service, and all I spent was $118.75, shipping included. Whether you buy one of his $5000 Brax amps, or a $120 sub, you get the same great service. He now has all of my buisness.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: There have been a lot of complaints about AMPMANAUDIO lately. Sounds like a lot has changed there, and I would not recommend buying anything from them anymore.

Last edited by MIAaron; 09-20-2003 at 06:09 AM.
MIAaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 09:31 PM   #4
GTkid
SubUrban Gangsta

GTkid Gettin' there
Send a message via AIM to GTkid
www.bsless.com i dont know if they sell stolen goods or what but you can get 50% off retail on most stuff... my $400 amp was $189 and they did not charge shipping because it was a $100+ purchase. they are located in NJ so i got my amp the day after it was shipped. anyhow i asked a couple questions, both were replied to within 24 hours, and they are rated as a a top service thing at yahoo. so needless to say i will be returning for further audio EQ.
-JBL 1200.1 Amp
-2 kicker L5 12''s

cuz im yo pushaaaa
GTkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 08:46 AM   #5
Travis99Gt
Aye laddy!

Vehicle: 99 Grand Am GT Coupe
Travis99Gt Gettin' there
GrandamGTR recommended www.thezeb.com
I purchased my deck from them last night. Great prices and they had responded to my email inquiry by the time I had gotten up in the morning. Great service already!
Travis99Gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 11:51 AM   #6
GrandAmSC/T

FYI another possibly good site www.lockdownaudio.com.
Old 11-26-2002, 12:25 PM   #7
blackgagt1
Stereoholic

Vehicle: 2001 Grand Am 75th
blackgagt1 Gettin' there
Send a message via ICQ to blackgagt1 Send a message via AIM to blackgagt1
Quote:
Originally posted by GrandAmSC/T
FYI another possibly good site www.lockdownaudio.com.
Site is way down. It's suspended
blackgagt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 10:08 PM   #8
jer_stud56
J

AKA: J
Vehicle: '99.5 Jetta "Blacked"
jer_stud56 Gettin' there
not really a recommendation for buying (even though there is a spot for buying stuff on there)
www.caraudio.com/vb is a good car audio forum to ask questions/learn a lot.
Old 12-30-2002, 03:27 PM   #9
redse
GASE-owner

redse Gettin' there
www.carstereotime.com
i have bought both of my new audiobahn amps from here.. they ship out the next day unless they are backordered..very good..u pay by paypal..
redse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 08:34 PM   #10
AaronGAGT
Scrap scrap!

AKA: Aaron
Vehicle: 2000 Black GT Coupe
AaronGAGT Gettin' there
Send a message via AIM to AaronGAGT
www.onlinecarstereo.com
AaronGAGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 04:55 PM   #11
BeastGT

http://shopping.yahoo.com/ and once you search for what you want click on "price" in the "view by" category and you will find the cheapest price. If you haven't heard of the site you can always see Yahoo's amount of stars they give to the dealer. I've found some prices for anyhting even cheaper than Ebay.
Old 02-04-2003, 08:55 AM   #12
GAGT98
Doh!!!

Vehicle: 2001 GT
GAGT98 Gettin' there
Send a message via Yahoo to GAGT98
This place has some good deals too.

http://www.mmxpress.com/
GAGT98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 10:39 PM   #13
GTluver
newest hobby...

Vehicle: 2000 GA GT1 Sedan
GTluver Gettin' there
Send a message via AIM to GTluver Send a message via Yahoo to GTluver
Quote:
Originally posted by Mattcoool
Stay as far away from TMS-Electronics.com as you can.
anyone else suggesting to stay away from a site should post a brief description as to why to avoid doing business w/ them.........thnx
Old 02-08-2003, 11:31 PM   #14
Mattcoool
T/A Newbie

Vehicle: 2000 Silver T/A
Mattcoool Gettin' there
Send a message via AIM to Mattcoool
Ok where do i start?

I used to give this guy all my business, i must have spent 700 bucks there, and then i bought a 12" Kicker solobaric L7, and the trauma began . I didn't know too much about it at the time and he sold me the sub with the jbl bp600.1 and a prefab box. i paid like 650 for it. I had the setup for about a month and something went wrong. So i brought it back to him, and he told me that he would ship it out to get it fixed. Well, 5 weeks later he calls and says my sub is back. It was the same sub in the same box but with plastic in it. So i thought to myself, maybe they just used the same stuff and replaced something.

I get the sub back in and its making this awful sound everytime it hit. So i went back to him, and told him what was up and he basically told me to screw off. He hooked the sub up to a bookshelf home system, and tried to tell me that the sub was in perfect mechanical order. While it was on this system it was making the noise the whole time. So i made him come out and listen to it in my car and he still told me the same thing. On top of that he told me that im **** outta luck. So we exchanged words and he has lost my business for a lifetime and doesn't deserve to sell his second-grade products to anyone.

I then contacted kicker about him, and they had me ship my sub to them, they totally replaced it, with a new one, and it only took about 1 week, compared to the 5 weeks it took him. They also told me that they were going to have their district rep look into his shop.

I wouldn't touch his store with a 10 foot pole, ignore the low prices and buy the stuff off of ebay, im sure thats where he gets it, and you'll have better customer service and better luck with the products.

-Matt
Mattcoool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 09:26 AM   #15
zegoldfish
Junk Yard GAGT

AKA: Bryan
Vehicle: 2001 Grand Am GT Sedan
zegoldfish Gettin' there
Anyone know of a place that carries Massive Audio stuff? I haven't been able to find a single place.
zegoldfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 05:56 PM   #16
kcitsGT

Quote:
Originally posted by redse
www.carstereotime.com
i have bought both of my new audiobahn amps from here.. they ship out the next day unless they are backordered..very good..u pay by paypal..
Stay away from Wholesalesounds.com aka Carstereotime.com. They ripped me and a whole lotta other folks off under the name of BuyLoud.com. There is currently a FBI investigation ongoing, see THE REPORT . If you have been ripped by them contact the Internet Fraud Complaint Center, FTC, and California Attorney General's Office.
Old 05-14-2003, 02:25 PM   #17
wags
GAGT - Member

wags Gettin' there
Send a message via AIM to wags
Quote:
Originally posted by BeastGT
http://shopping.yahoo.com/ and once you search for what you want click on "price" in the "view by" category and you will find the cheapest price. If you haven't heard of the site you can always see Yahoo's amount of stars they give to the dealer. I've found some prices for anyhting even cheaper than Ebay.
oh my be careful when dealing with yahoo stores! I took this advice and ordered from a place called dealznet.com It had a 5 star top rating. I ordered it sunday, monday checked order status, no status I found out. hmmm... I also checked to see if my credit card had been charged yet - it didn't even show up on my available credit (like I hadn't made a transaction at all). I checked my avail. credit tues AND wed. and still no transaction! So i called up and cancelled my order!

The reason being is because I did some vigorous searching online and I found some random site where dealznet (part of some other organization) had a 0 % approval rating by customers. Some didn't get their products for weeks even though they said it had shipped, some got the wrong products, some got refurbs or opened boxes , etc. And this is yahoo's top rating.

Anyway I went to some other site that looked good even though there weren't many reviews about it (but it was promo'd at some big name sites) and a second after I put my order in there I checked my avail credit. Naturally since I was dealing with a veritable company it was billed seconds after I put in my order.

Moral: don't trust yahoo. At least not their rating system.

And stay away from dealznet.com or any other store referring to letsgodigital
Old 06-11-2003, 10:41 AM   #18
2002GT
GAGT - Junkie

AKA: Nick
Vehicle: Challenger
2002GT Gettin' there
www.sound-xtreme.com
2002GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 07:17 PM   #19
brchn1
GAGT - Member

Vehicle: 1988 turbo ga
brchn1 Gettin' there
How many of you go to a local retailer and ask them to sponcer you for different things? Give away stuff for Prom or fundraisers, pay for spocership on your derby car, race car, or dirt bike, ask them for money for your baseball team, or bowling league. If you have ever asked any local retailer for anything for free then you should be ashamed to buy online unless its some old used thing you can't find new. If you ever asked for help at the local stereo shop and they came right out and helped for no charge your next stereo purchase should be at their store and not online. I know what you are going to say, "but I save so much online." but you get so much for free locally. When did a internet site give you some money to help pay for your emergency hospital bills. I live in a small town and I work at a stereo shop. I give a lot of people a lot of free help in hopes to win their support, we give the community a lot of our time and money for the same idea to only get slapped in the face by local people who want to save $5. Next time you are in a stereo shop and see the price of a sub a little higher then you found on the internet last night ask the salesman what you get in service for that extra dollar. Think about it, Lee
Old 09-20-2003, 06:15 AM   #20
MIAaron
GAGT - Member

Vehicle: 2000 GT Coupe
MIAaron Gettin' there
This thread is about peoples experiences with online companies that sell audio equipment. This thread is not about the moral debate of buying online vs buying locally.

This thread has a lot of good information, lets keep it on topic.
MIAaron is offline   Reply With Quote