GrandAmGT.com Forum
http://www.pfyc.com GrandAmGT.com Premium Memership Signup
RedlineGoods.com   

Go Back   GrandAmGT.com Forum > GAGT - Technical - Sponsored by www.MilzyMotorSports.com > Technical Q&A

Old 08-13-2018, 06:58 PM   #1
George
GAGT - Newbie

AKA: George
Vehicle: 2000 Grand AM GT
George Gettin' there
Help 2000 Pontiac Grand AM GT Buckled Dash

Hello

I have a 2000 Pontiac Grand AM GT 4 door sedan. Been parked outside in, believe it or not, in or Hot Canadian Summers. Now both the front end of the dash has buckled near the windshield, nice upward curl and it has come up from the Bezel in front of the curbed instrument cluster.

I need advice to correct both. I have heard of using fuel line in the front at the windshield BUT I understand during the summer and the heat it would hold the end flush BUT what about during the freeing cold of winter? There is shrinkage, in lots of places, would NOT the hose slip?

Also how do you fix the Front end at the instrument Bezel, its fairly noticeable at the valley in the center of the both instrument displays. I would like to have that tucked back under the edge of the bezel and stay there.

Any suggestions without the use of screws would be Greatly Appreciated.

Thanks
George
George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 10:41 AM   #2
Madness10
GAGT - Member

AKA: Matthew
Vehicle: 2004 Grand Am CoupeGT1
Madness10 Gettin' there
Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Hello

I have a 2000 Pontiac Grand AM GT 4 door sedan. Been parked outside in, believe it or not, in or Hot Canadian Summers. Now both the front end of the dash has buckled near the windshield, nice upward curl and it has come up from the Bezel in front of the curbed instrument cluster.

I need advice to correct both. I have heard of using fuel line in the front at the windshield BUT I understand during the summer and the heat it would hold the end flush BUT what about during the freeing cold of winter? There is shrinkage, in lots of places, would NOT the hose slip?

Also how do you fix the Front end at the instrument Bezel, its fairly noticeable at the valley in the center of the both instrument displays. I would like to have that tucked back under the edge of the bezel and stay there.

Any suggestions without the use of screws would be Greatly Appreciated.

Thanks
George
If the dash curl is already up in there air, then there's no cure. There really is no cure for the dash curl, just a temp fix. Same goes for the bezel area. You're best bet is to try to find a better dash at the jy's.
Madness10 is offline   Reply With Quote