GrandAmGT.com Forum
http://www.pfyc.com GrandAmGT.com Premium Memership Signup
RedlineGoods.com   

Go Back   GrandAmGT.com Forum > GAGT - Modifications - Sponsored by RedlineGoods.com > Member's Car Gallery

Old 05-21-2015, 04:19 PM   #121
geldartb
With the quickness

AKA: Brendan
Vehicle: 03 Outback H6
geldartb has made plenty of valid pointsgeldartb has made plenty of valid points
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
I have the digital ones and thinking about going white faced or possibly AEM gauges. But holy **** are the expensive. And I want full sweep autometer gauges if I can't get AEM. Once again, I feel like the price went up on them. I don't like short sweep at all, digital or full sweep all the way.
not a fan of short sweep. hence why i got the full sweep ones.

i'm gonna price out some digital ones..
Quote:
If I can find them used, I'm all game. But I can't justify $600+ for 3 gauges . Sleepy be on the look out and let me know if you find any on other boards
the full sweep oil pressure and fuel pressure i got used..paid like half what they retailed for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SikMindz View Post
Well you shouldn't have left your laptop exposed when there was a chance of golden showers...
geldartb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 04:56 PM   #122
sleepyalero
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂

AKA: Nathan
Vehicle: 2001 olds alero GLS
sleepyalero a trusted member
Quote:
If I can find them used, I'm all game. But I can't justify $600+ for 3 gauges . Sleepy be on the look out and let me know if you find any on other boards
Haha i know of other nice brands, but they are more expensive then aem.

2012 BMW S1000RR, full exhaust, BRENTUNE, power commander 5, dyno tune, 198WHP.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 01:30 PM   #123
geldartb
With the quickness

geldartb has made plenty of valid pointsgeldartb has made plenty of valid points
went to the junkyard the other day to get the a pillar piece so i can mount the pillar pod to it and found an ll bean wagon there and it still had the steering wheel in it so i grabbed that along with the dash vents in case i want to mount the gauges in that.

also grabbed the trim piece from around the hvac/radio stack with the cup holder to the right.. not sure if i want to use that but i have it..

not my picture but this is the momo designed wheel that i now have..

Quote:
Well you shouldn't have left your laptop exposed when there was a chance of golden showers...
Old 05-28-2015, 12:16 PM   #124
geldartb
With the quickness

did some buffing on the car today.. still really need to work on the roofish portion and the hood..the hood is kinda rough.

it's not perfect but it's a start. the mark i made this winter on the drivers side fender came out..wasn't really mad when it happened since it was light. that happened when i was cleaning snow off..

i stopped at the carwash beforehand and blasted the crap off and then picked up a couple gallons of spring water and did the ONR rinse in the garage..

this is after the ONR..doesn't look bad and still shines.

in the middle of buffing..iirc this was the first stage..

the roof is going to be bullshit in between the roof rack area since they got rails screwed to the roof.. may just throw some wax on that area.. it's a damn outback unless you are shaq your not going to see it anyway..

Quote:
Old 10-04-2015, 11:28 AM   #125
geldartb
With the quickness

well i'm getting my mind ready for this time again..still kinda makes me that the center caps cost 3x as much as i paid for the wheels..

.part of me wants to strip the paint and polish the 5 spoke part.. what ever they used from the factory is tough as hell to get off. i tried this years ago..i;ve seen the spoke part polished and it looks awesome.

the rims were originally 2 gold ones and 2 factory black..the kid who mounted the tires misunderstood me and mounted the 2 gold on one side and the 2 black on one side so i went and picked up some rustoleum paint and brushed it on.. stuff held up awesome throughout the winter..

Quote:
Old 10-04-2015, 02:56 PM   #126
bricooper78
Dammit Sleepy

AKA: Cooper
Vehicle: 03 Sierra Z71
bricooper78 has made plenty of valid pointsbricooper78 has made plenty of valid points
those look right at home on there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastic_indian View Post
the resulting violent shake at highway speed may cause loss of control, white knuckles, loss of dental fillings, urinary incontinence and sudden religious conversion.
bricooper78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 07:52 PM   #127
young gun
ON THAT WORK GRIND

AKA: Erik
Vehicle: 00' GAGT
young gun a trusted member
Ha. Still have atleast another full month before I think about switching to snows.

2008 - Kawasaki Ninja 250r - Slip on exhaust, K&N, Jetted, Sprockets, Lowered and the Girlfriend's now

1984 - Honda Nighthawk 700s - Oldest, quickest and quietess
young gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 03:30 PM   #128
geldartb
With the quickness

Quote:
Originally Posted by young gun View Post
Ha. Still have atleast another full month before I think about switching to snows.
last year it was like thanksgiving or abouts for me.. i'm not putting them on till it's below freezing for awhile..$600 a set i wait till there's snow in the forecast..

and you saw where i had the snows when you picked the hood up so i get to see them every week when i go down there.

Quote:
Old 10-05-2015, 06:45 PM   #129
MAC the KNIFE
always cuttin' up

AKA: MAC
Vehicle: Red 99 GT coupe
MAC the KNIFE a trusted member
you should put red mudflaps on it

2009 G8 gt
no more Big Gears, buh-bye coilovers... illusions of making this a racecar have passed. 12.78 @112.. not a bad grocery getter
-still LOUD AS FCK though

2006 GTO completely stock. rip at 39k.

99 GAGT 108k miles, Borla cat-back, CAI, 65mm TB, EGR delete, WOT-tech intakes, F-Body Brakes w/ Hawk HPS pads.
Suede headliner, heated seats, jvc HU, infinity speakers+amp+subs, LEDs
-probably less than 1000 miles on it in the last 3 years...
MAC the KNIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 01:06 PM   #130
geldartb
With the quickness

Quote:
I love gauges. I want to redo them after I get my exhaust. Looks like a z-series or sport comp II would be a decent match for your stock cluster.
did some plastic welding a few weeks back..honestly forget the brand i bought offhand but it worked awesome..going to stick some gauges in there and drive around for a few weeks to see if i like them before i go ahead and run wires...
Quote:
Originally Posted by geldartb View Post
before

in a month or so it will look like this.. well with a bra on the front..last winter was pretty brutal to the front of my hood but the whole thing is going on..
Quote:
sitting at the 2nd week in november and swapping to snows isn't happening for like another month at least..

Quote:

not my picture but this is the momo designed wheel that i now have..
this wheel will probably go on when i change the oil and swap the snows on..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC the KNIFE View Post
you should put red mudflaps on it
yeah i'm going to have to NOPE that one.. i was never one to have flashy crap like that..

Quote:
Old 11-08-2015, 06:29 PM   #131
young gun
ON THAT WORK GRIND

I rolled my snows out of the back up to the front...still not time yet thou.

Where did you put these gauges? A pillar?

2008 - Kawasaki Ninja 250r - Slip on exhaust, K&N, Jetted, Sprockets, Lowered and the Girlfriend's now

Old 11-14-2015, 06:19 AM   #132
geldartb
With the quickness

Quote:
I rolled my snows out of the back up to the front...still not time yet thou.

Where did you put these gauges? A pillar?
yeah i rolled the 2 snows i want to have re balanced out..gotta take the center caps off(they use 3 square drive screws to hold them on) so the tire guy doesn't have a fit when i don't give him the tools to take them off..

it's still warm enough here and snow isn't even a thought yet..

the a-pillar is for an 02ish impreza and requires trimming and slight molding to the pillar...i used some heat to get the plastic soft and got it where i wanted it..

gauges i bought mostly from ebay.. the full sweep ones i bought used off of people..

Quote:
Old 11-20-2015, 02:02 PM   #133
geldartb
With the quickness

did the whole sanding and polishing thing on the headlights..well that worked for a month or so and then they looked like the pics again.. from reading around on subaruoutback.org the depo branded headlights seemed to be better quality than oem..

the before shots..

the after shot..damn things are crystal clear..

also did the oil change and front diff oil change.. did the rear a few weeks back..probably the next picture will have a full bra on the front when i put the snows on..it's still warm here and no forecast of snow so off the car they stay..

Quote:
Old 11-20-2015, 03:10 PM   #134
young gun
ON THAT WORK GRIND

Quote:
did the whole sanding and polishing thing on the headlights..well that worked for a month or so and then they looked like the pics again.. from reading around on subaruoutback.org the depo branded headlights seemed to be better quality than oem..

the before shots..

the after shot..damn things are crystal clear..

also did the oil change and front diff oil change.. did the rear a few weeks back..probably the next picture will have a full bra on the front when i put the snows on..it's still warm here and no forecast of snow so off the car they stay..

Did you put a sealer on them after the polishing?

Old 11-20-2015, 04:33 PM   #135
geldartb
With the quickness

Quote:
Did you put a sealer on them after the polishing?

i never did the whole wet sanding deal. when i did the whole compounding the paint thing i just ran the buffer over the head lights.. to be honest it worked for a few months but it was never crystal clear to begin with..

last week i decided to just buy some new ones.. these ones came with all the bulbs..basically a plug n play deal..

Quote:
Old 11-21-2015, 06:54 PM   #136
TDavis
GAGT - Junkie

AKA: Tanner
Vehicle: 2000 Grand Am SC/T
TDavis a trusted member
Depo is better quality my ass. My dad got some for his F150 and he's been through 4 sets of tail lights because they either cracked, oxidized, or got some condensation.
Old 11-30-2015, 08:03 PM   #137
HOYS
lolGM

AKA: Colin
Vehicle: 2001 Impreza 2.5 RS
HOYS Still kinda new, but learning
Hey I picked up a Legacy wagon as well

HOYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 08:34 PM   #138
young gun
ON THAT WORK GRIND

What's with all the flat brimmers?

With that out of the way is that a rare row your own boat?

Old 11-30-2015, 09:00 PM   #139
HOYS
lolGM

AKA: Colin
Vehicle: 2001 Impreza 2.5 RS
HOYS Still kinda new, but learning
Quote:
What's with all the flat brimmers?

With that out of the way is that a rare row your own boat?
Yep. 5MT. I put some tint on and 04 STI BBS wheels. I have a bunch of parts waiting to go in but can't bring myself to do it as I know it will blow a ringland or rod bearing as soon as I add HP.
HOYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 09:06 PM   #140
young gun
ON THAT WORK GRIND

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOYS View Post
Yep. 5MT. I put some tint on and 04 STI BBS wheels. I have a bunch of parts waiting to go in but can't bring myself to do it as I know it will blow a ringland or rod bearing as soon as I add HP.
Silly sideways motors.