GrandAmGT.com Forum
http://www.pfyc.com GrandAmGT.com Premium Memership Signup
RedlineGoods.com   

Go Back   GrandAmGT.com Forum > GAGT - Modifications - Sponsored by RedlineGoods.com > Member's Car Gallery

Old 03-03-2014, 01:55 PM   #6481
MAC the KNIFE
always cuttin' up

AKA: MAC
Vehicle: Red 99 GT coupe
MAC the KNIFE a trusted member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfuller View Post
I was only in town for a short time - conference for work from Wednesday afternoon till Friday afternoon.
Car is still up north.
offer still stands.

2009 G8 gt
no more Big Gears, buh-bye coilovers... illusions of making this a racecar have passed. 12.78 @112.. not a bad grocery getter
-still LOUD AS FCK though

2006 GTO completely stock. rip at 39k.

99 GAGT 108k miles, Borla cat-back, CAI, 65mm TB, EGR delete, WOT-tech intakes, F-Body Brakes w/ Hawk HPS pads.
Suede headliner, heated seats, jvc HU, infinity speakers+amp+subs, LEDs
-probably less than 1000 miles on it in the last 3 years...
MAC the KNIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:35 AM   #6482
solutions_auto
Boostin'

AKA: Dustin
Vehicle: 1999
solutions_auto Gettin' there
Some new tires and a built trans I got off of phil.

solutions_auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:41 AM   #6483
TDavis
GAGT - Junkie

AKA: Tanner
Vehicle: 2000 Grand Am SC/T
TDavis a trusted member
Quote:
Originally Posted by solutions_auto View Post
Some new tires and a built trans I got off of phil.

So I see your front SC/T lip does the same thing on the sides, when you first put it on did it fray out that much? or over time did it start to become like that?
Old 03-05-2014, 01:35 PM   #6484
solutions_auto
Boostin'

AKA: Dustin
Vehicle: 1999
solutions_auto Gettin' there
It has always been out that far.
solutions_auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:51 PM   #6485
tipnitty
Sneezed and Sharted

AKA: Sam
Vehicle: 98 T/A WS6,14 Ram Hemi
tipnitty has made plenty of valid pointstipnitty has made plenty of valid points
Send a message via AIM to tipnitty Send a message via Yahoo to tipnitty
I wanted those BFG tires, but they were just too much for a 285/19
1998 Trans Am Ws6 M6
2014 Ram Hemi
tipnitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:40 PM   #6486
ItsMeScottG
Tech Guy

AKA: Scott
Vehicle: 2005 BMW 330CI ZHP
ItsMeScottG Gettin' there
I actually found a car that is very affordable that I really like. If I can find one in good shape for the right price I'll be getting one and won't have any debt. I'm looking for a e46 330i. Two of my friends from school have this car and they love it. I drove one of their cars two days ago for a court of hours all across Houston and I loved it. Best of all if I can find one for the right price I can just pay it off in full and not have a car note. If I go this route, it's a 3.0v6 so that should help me a little on insurance and they have good potential. I'll lower it, tint it out, get some nice aftermarket rims, throw some potenzas on it, get M3 motor mounts installed to start off with. I'm trying to find one with the m tech-1 package if I can find one I'll be happy.

I wanted a GTO but I'm 20 and I'm in college so getting myself into a 16k+ car note probably isn't the best option at this point of time. I think this will work out great if all is in my favor.

I looked it up and I can find one with low miles, in near-mint condition for under 10k. So I just need to save up a little more and I'll have myself a new whip.

I know how some of you guys feel about BMW's in general, but I personally really like the e46 330i, it looks aggressive, I had a blast driving one the other day, and these cars have lots of potential when hey are taken care of. I'd be happy with one.

SC/T Spoiler, PFYC Sway SpeedBuilt bars, PFYC SpeedBuilt strut braces, Rear disc brake setup, Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines, red painted calipers, 20% Black Tint, Cat-Back Exhaust, Amber Grille Lighting, Pioneer AVIC-940BT with XM, Live Traffic, & Rear-view Camera, Front Bra, lower bumper grille, Stubby Antenna, Michelin Defender Tires...

My Current vehicle:
2005 BMW 330CI ZHP

Last edited by ItsMeScottG; 03-05-2014 at 03:43 PM.
ItsMeScottG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 04:14 PM   #6487
DrFabulous
FIGJAM

AKA: Matt
Vehicle: 2015 Tahoe
DrFabulous has made plenty of valid pointsDrFabulous has made plenty of valid points
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMeScottG View Post
I actually found a car that is very affordable that I really like. If I can find one in good shape for the right price I'll be getting one and won't have any debt. I'm looking for a e46 330i. Two of my friends from school have this car and they love it. I drove one of their cars two days ago for a court of hours all across Houston and I loved it. Best of all if I can find one for the right price I can just pay it off in full and not have a car note. If I go this route, it's a 3.0v6 so that should help me a little on insurance and they have good potential. I'll lower it, tint it out, get some nice aftermarket rims, throw some potenzas on it, get M3 motor mounts installed to start off with. I'm trying to find one with the m tech-1 package if I can find one I'll be happy.

I wanted a GTO but I'm 20 and I'm in college so getting myself into a 16k+ car note probably isn't the best option at this point of time. I think this will work out great if all is in my favor.

I looked it up and I can find one with low miles, in near-mint condition for under 10k. So I just need to save up a little more and I'll have myself a new whip.

I know how some of you guys feel about BMW's in general, but I personally really like the e46 330i, it looks aggressive, I had a blast driving one the other day, and these cars have lots of potential when hey are taken care of. I'd be happy with one.
Before you get set on something like that, be sure you're ready to maintain it. It's an entirely different world than a Pontiac.

I'm assuming you'll be looking at one around 100k miles, give or take, at that price range. I could be wrong, I don't know what prices are around you, but that's probably what you'd get in my area. Lets say you get an 03, just for kicks. So now you have a 12 year old, 100k+ mile BMW.

Are you prepared for the maintenance costs on something like that? A power steering pump for a GA is what, around $50-$75? You're looking at $250+ for E46. That might be an extreme example, but you're not going to find the plentiful, inexpensive parts like you have for the GA.

I'm not trying to come off as a d!ck, I'm just making sure you know what you're getting in to. Premium cars cost much more to own and drive than the mass-produced, inexpensive sedans. I'm reminded of this every single time I have to fix something on my Saab vs my Honda.

I'm not saying you shouldn't do it.... personally, though, I wouldn't. You're at a point where you need a car that can provide reliable transportation, I'm guessing.... not something that might leave you stranded somewhere (of course, any car can strand you).

Props for not taking on debt, however. People in their early 20's getting $15k+ car loans are just throwing money away.

TL;DR: don't waste your money. You're 20 years old. Worry about school and girls. Get a fun car later in life, when you can afford a really fun one.

01 GASE - R.I.P.
SLP exhaust, CAI, Intrax springs, 17" American Eagle 025s
03 Mazda6 - bye Felicia
Injen CAI, Magnaflow exhaust, 17" American Eagle 025's
01 GAGT - R.I.P.
S&S headers, S&S cat, SLP exhaust, CAI, MPR tune, WS6 hood, H&R springs, 18" American Eagle 077s/18" XXR 006s
03 Saab 9-3 2.0T - bye Felicia
JZW tune, BSR intake, H&R springs/KYB struts, 17" Saab Klingons
06 Honda CR-V - current
100% stock
15 Chevy Tahoe - current
100% stock

Last edited by DrFabulous; 03-05-2014 at 04:16 PM.
DrFabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 04:20 PM   #6488
ItsMeScottG
Tech Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFabulous View Post
Before you get set on something like that, be sure you're ready to maintain it. It's an entirely different world than a Pontiac.

I'm assuming you'll be looking at one around 100k miles, give or take, at that price range. I could be wrong, I don't know what prices are around you, but that's probably what you'd get in my area. Lets say you get an 03, just for kicks. So now you have a 12 year old, 100k+ mile BMW.

Are you prepared for the maintenance costs on something like that? A power steering pump for a GA is what, around $50-$75? You're looking at $250+ for E46. That might be an extreme example, but you're not going to find the plentiful, inexpensive parts like you have for the GA.

I'm not trying to come off as a d!ck, I'm just making sure you know what you're getting in to. Premium cars cost much more to own and drive than the mass-produced, inexpensive sedans. I'm reminded of this every single time I have to fix something on my Saab vs my Honda.

I'm not saying you shouldn't do it.... personally, though, I wouldn't. You're at a point where you need a car that can provide reliable transportation, I'm guessing.... not something that might leave you stranded somewhere (of course, any car can strand you).

Props for not taking on debt, however. People in their early 20's getting $15k+ car loans are just throwing money away.

TL;DR: don't waste your money. You're 20 years old. Worry about school and girls. Get a fun car later in life, when you can afford a really fun one.
Well I work at for Bridgestone so I get parts cheap, as far as labor hey charge me $25/hr of labor. I do most of the work myself anyways. I know things will cost more but I'm up for it and already aware of this. Two of my local friends from school have this same car and they have tons of extra aftermarket/performance parts that they will give to me if I get one of them. I'm looking for one with in between 80-100k on it.

SC/T Spoiler, PFYC Sway SpeedBuilt bars, PFYC SpeedBuilt strut braces, Rear disc brake setup, Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines, red painted calipers, 20% Black Tint, Cat-Back Exhaust, Amber Grille Lighting, Pioneer AVIC-940BT with XM, Live Traffic, & Rear-view Camera, Front Bra, lower bumper grille, Stubby Antenna, Michelin Defender Tires...

My Current vehicle:
2005 BMW 330CI ZHP
Old 03-05-2014, 06:51 PM   #6489
ItsMeScottG
Tech Guy

Update:

I spoke with my insurance company, and I gave them the vin number for a fully loaded 2005 330i that was looking at and they have me good news. I currently have full coverage on my 2003 Grand Am and they said that for the same Full Coverage insurance on this other car that I would only be looking at an additional cost of $2 per month. Not bad.

The car is newer, worth more, much sportier, and RWD so I find that to be odd but this means it's easily possible for me to afford this car.

My Current vehicle:
2005 BMW 330CI ZHP

Last edited by ItsMeScottG; 03-05-2014 at 07:07 PM.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:50 PM   #6490
tipnitty
Sneezed and Sharted

tipnitty has made plenty of valid pointstipnitty has made plenty of valid points
I definitely wouldn't want to do a BMW in college. But probably wouldn't want a GTO either. I enjoyed the route I went, but it's not for everyone. Get what makes you happy man.
1998 Trans Am Ws6 M6
2014 Ram Hemi
Old 03-06-2014, 04:10 AM   #6491
MAC the KNIFE
always cuttin' up

AKA: MAC
Vehicle: Red 99 GT coupe
MAC the KNIFE a trusted member
all i can say is, the GAGT is stoopid cheap to fix AND mod. get ready for shell shock when you see the price of mods for other cars.

2009 G8 gt
no more Big Gears, buh-bye coilovers... illusions of making this a racecar have passed. 12.78 @112.. not a bad grocery getter
-still LOUD AS FCK though

2006 GTO completely stock. rip at 39k.

99 GAGT 108k miles, Borla cat-back, CAI, 65mm TB, EGR delete, WOT-tech intakes, F-Body Brakes w/ Hawk HPS pads.
Suede headliner, heated seats, jvc HU, infinity speakers+amp+subs, LEDs
-probably less than 1000 miles on it in the last 3 years...
MAC the KNIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 06:54 AM   #6492
AaronGTR
BlingWithBallz

AKA: Aaron
Vehicle: 2000 Grand Am GT1 2dr
AaronGTR has made plenty of valid pointsAaronGTR has made plenty of valid points
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMeScottG View Post

Nope... it's not a 3.0L v6. It's an inline 6.

Good cars, but they have their bad points as well. Like Fabs said, be ready to do some maintenance on a 100k+ mile BMW, and at least some parts are going to be more expensive.
AaronGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 07:43 AM   #6493
ItsMeScottG
Tech Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronGTR View Post
Nope... it's not a 3.0L v6. It's an inline 6.

Good cars, but they have their bad points as well. Like Fabs said, be ready to do some maintenance on a 100k+ mile BMW, and at least some parts are going to be more expensive.
sweet, im still learning about these cars. Looks like I can get one anywhere from 60k-100k with in my price range. Im going to try to find one with lower milage on it though. I have to wait until my parents get their income tax return anyways because they owe me money and they also want to buy the GA from me. So I have some time to think about this before I made any final decisions. Realistically I should be able to afford one with low miles in mint shape come June if all goes well.

Not the best car out there but they are affordable for me to buy and maintain and they are quite aggressive.

This is similar the look I will be going for in this picture (Its a picture of one of my friends 330i's)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 942212_358075944294601_1750044012_n.jpg (51.3 KB, 22 views)

My Current vehicle:
2005 BMW 330CI ZHP

Last edited by ItsMeScottG; 03-06-2014 at 07:52 AM.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:26 AM   #6494
TDavis
GAGT - Junkie

AKA: Tanner
Vehicle: 2000 Grand Am SC/T
TDavis a trusted member
Don't turn into a BMW tool
Old 03-06-2014, 10:34 AM   #6495
ItsMeScottG
Tech Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDavis View Post
don't worry that's not going to happen

I have always liked the e46 though so I'll enjoy it.

My Current vehicle:
2005 BMW 330CI ZHP
Old 03-06-2014, 12:16 PM   #6496
DrFabulous
FIGJAM

AKA: Matt
Vehicle: 2015 Tahoe
DrFabulous has made plenty of valid pointsDrFabulous has made plenty of valid points
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDavis View Post
A 20 year old college kid in a modded BMW? Yeah, generally not the best kind of people.

01 GASE - R.I.P.
SLP exhaust, CAI, Intrax springs, 17" American Eagle 025s
03 Mazda6 - bye Felicia
Injen CAI, Magnaflow exhaust, 17" American Eagle 025's
01 GAGT - R.I.P.
S&S headers, S&S cat, SLP exhaust, CAI, MPR tune, WS6 hood, H&R springs, 18" American Eagle 077s/18" XXR 006s
03 Saab 9-3 2.0T - bye Felicia
JZW tune, BSR intake, H&R springs/KYB struts, 17" Saab Klingons
06 Honda CR-V - current
100% stock
15 Chevy Tahoe - current
100% stock
DrFabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 12:30 PM   #6497
ItsMeScottG
Tech Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFabulous View Post
A 20 year old college kid in a modded BMW? Yeah, generally not the best kind of people.
Hey now, I'll make it work, can't wait to go e46

My Current vehicle:
2005 BMW 330CI ZHP
Old 03-06-2014, 01:12 PM   #6498
Kayaus
Stock for Brains

AKA: Joe
Vehicle: 2004 Grand Am GT Coupe
Kayaus Gettin' there
Send a message via AIM to Kayaus
Best of luck to you, I love the e46, incredible cars. You can get them relatively cheap as well, the M3 I was looking at last year had 40k on the odo, and they were asking $20k. Clean carfax, dealer warranty for a year. Thing was like a train, just pulled and pulled xD

**** why did I buy a miata?

1990 MX-5: 15x7 RPF1s, Nitto R-Compound Slicks, FM Stage 1 Clutch, Hella E-Code headlights, R-type Sway Bar, APR aero mirrors.
Kayaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 01:16 PM   #6499
Shade2012
GAGT - Senior Member

AKA: Logan
Vehicle: 2000 Grand Am GT Coupe
Shade2012 a trusted member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayaus View Post
**** why did I buy a miata?
Something every straight male should ask himself.
Shade2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 01:17 PM   #6500
tipnitty
Sneezed and Sharted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade2012 View Post
Something every straight male should ask himself.
We were assuming Kayaus is straight? This is news to me.
1998 Trans Am Ws6 M6
2014 Ram Hemi

Tags
420yo, badgerbadgerevrywhere, bow2hobo, bye redneckshade, chaos is back nigguh, chaosisapuzzy, dave jimmies rustled, honey bager, i boned yer mum, jimlovesdatgreen, locodouche-is-back, lol@chaosbanned, old age rage, old fart is back, secretagentfaggot, sleepy is a ricer, tanner bein as$y, undercoverpothead