GrandAmGT.com Forum
http://www.pfyc.com GrandAmGT.com Premium Memership Signup
RotorsOnline.com   

Go Back   GrandAmGT.com Forum > GAGT - Technical - Sponsored by www.MilzyMotorSports.com > Technical Q&A

Old 04-12-2016, 09:54 PM   #1
PhantomLover007
'Til I see you again

AKA: Matt
Vehicle: 02 SC/T kitted & M62'd
PhantomLover007 has made plenty of valid pointsPhantomLover007 has made plenty of valid points
Send a message via AIM to PhantomLover007 Send a message via Yahoo to PhantomLover007
Unhappy Goodbye my white girl

Said goodbye to my beautiful white girl.

Two weeks before the incident, my son and I had put the OEM hood back on the GA. My plan was to ultimately give it to him once I finally decided to get a new car. We made sure everything was secure and double checked all of the bolts. He lives 130 miles away w/ him mom, so the car had been driven well over 300 miles before fate hit.

I decided to head to my mom's a few days before Valentines day and my dog frank was rolling w/ me. We were on I-20 70 miles away from home, between Augusta and Atlanta doing 80+ in the left lane. Beautiful day out.

Next thing I know, there's a bang, glass rains on us and I cant see sh*t.. Luckily both my hands were on the wheel and I start slowing down. I drop my head to look between the hood and the dash and pull off to stop on the right hand shoulder. Damn hood came up and hit the top of the windshield, front of the roof and the sunroof. Hood was bent back, top of the winshield cracked, a nice dent in the front of the roof and the sunroof completely destroyed. The bolts that screwed into the hood catch stripped out. Folks passing by were like "ooohhhh shiiiii". Called the insurance company and had her towed back to the house. Had the repair shop my insurance company authorized look at her and it was a total loss. Cost too much to fix her. She had 171k on her old 2002 bones.. I debated on fixing her myself but I let her go and they paid out $2500.

Now i'm driving in an '05 Mazda(Ford) 6s hatchback w/ 97k that had a new engine installed at 96k with a 3yr/100k mile warranty on it.

Fock I miss my girl though....

My ride:
GA's ONLY SC/T'ed Grand Am according to CarDomain
PhantomLover007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 10:07 PM   #2
bricooper78
Dammit Sleepy

AKA: Cooper
Vehicle: 03 Sierra Z71
bricooper78 has made plenty of valid pointsbricooper78 has made plenty of valid points
it's really sad that is a totalled car. man.. another one down. that sucks dude.
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastic_indian View Post
the resulting violent shake at highway speed may cause loss of control, white knuckles, loss of dental fillings, urinary incontinence and sudden religious conversion.
bricooper78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 08:26 AM   #3
blckgagt
~Turbocharged~

AKA: Randy
Vehicle: 99 GAGT, 07 Vette
blckgagt Gettin' there
Damn man. Thats very unfortunate news. Your car was one of my favorites.
400whp 435wtq - MMS Race Block w/ 8.5:1 comp ratio, Eagle H-beam rods. MMS Stage 2 heads, Turbo Cam, chromemoly pushrods, GM gaskets. MMS 65 mm Turbo Kit w 60lb/hr injectors, Walbro fuel pump, powdercoated engine. MMS 3.29 4t65eHD conv., 3500 stall TC. Milzy headers w/ downpipe, magnaflow exhaust, FFP Pulley, f/r strut braces, Msd 8.5 SC wires, *** bodykit, Bilstein Coilovers. 17x8 AE 185s. Pioneer HU, B/A speakers. Baer brakes. Wot-tech engine mount. SB Rear Swaybar. ES Poly links
blckgagt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 09:18 AM   #4
2000 GT Coupe
Made the move :D

AKA: Gene
Vehicle: 00 Grand Am GT1 Coupe
2000 GT Coupe Gettin' there
Damn man, mine was also a total loss, insurance sucks they give nothing and its crap.

MP Racing CAI and tuned PCM
LED tails Projector's with HID's
Lowered
18" Rims
Aftermarket front and rear anti-sway bars
2000 GT Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 11:03 AM   #5
PhantomLover007
'Til I see you again

AKA: Matt
Vehicle: 02 SC/T kitted & M62'd
PhantomLover007 has made plenty of valid pointsPhantomLover007 has made plenty of valid points
Send a message via AIM to PhantomLover007 Send a message via Yahoo to PhantomLover007
[quote=2000 GT Coupe;1265402]Damn man, mine was also a total loss, insurance sucks they give nothing and its crap.QUOTE]

Fock Gene!! I hope you guys were ok...

My ride:
GA's ONLY SC/T'ed Grand Am according to CarDomain
PhantomLover007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 02:19 PM   #6
2000 GT Coupe
Made the move :D

AKA: Gene
Vehicle: 00 Grand Am GT1 Coupe
2000 GT Coupe Gettin' there
[quote=PhantomLover007;1265405]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000 GT Coupe View Post
Damn man, mine was also a total loss, insurance sucks they give nothing and its crap.QUOTE]

Fock Gene!! I hope you guys were ok...
Thanks I was alone in the car, luckily, I was also not traveling very fast as it was busy, that car tried to cut through the traffic making a left turn, its a good thing she hit me and not the semi right beside me
MP Racing CAI and tuned PCM
LED tails Projector's with HID's
Lowered
18" Rims
Aftermarket front and rear anti-sway bars
2000 GT Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 08:35 PM   #7
The_Maniac
GAGT - Member

AKA: Jason
Vehicle: 2002 Grand Am GT
The_Maniac Gettin' there
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000 GT Coupe View Post
Damn man, mine was also a total loss, insurance sucks they give nothing and its crap.
Sadly, these cars are a bit on the old side for a lot of people and being common daily drivers for most, up there in mileage. Granted, I totaled my black '02 about two years ago and insurance stunned me when they gave me double what I had into the car!!! It permitted me to get the orange '04 I now have and love.

http://www.crzyz28.sytes.net
E-Mail: The_Maniac@sbcglobal.net
The_Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote