GrandAmGT.com Forum
http://www.pfyc.com GrandAmGT.com Premium Memership Signup
RedlineGoods.com   

Go Back   GrandAmGT.com Forum > GAGT - Modifications - Sponsored by RedlineGoods.com > All Show (Appearance modifications)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2014, 11:05 AM   #141
gudge
GAGT - Member
 
gudge's Avatar
 
AKA: Eric
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Janesville, WI
Age: 28
Posts: 340
Vehicle: 1999 Grand Am GT Sedan
gudge Gettin' there
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDavis View Post
Yeah people know me. I already whore photos of my car and have the process of the sct kit getting painted, so this spoiler would be seen a lot here
It would look absolutely amazing on your car and it would be awesome to see it all the time!
gudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 11:49 AM   #142
TDavis
GAGT - Junkie
 
TDavis's Avatar
 
AKA: Tanner
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Columbia, MO
Age: 27
Posts: 3,871
Vehicle: 2000 Grand Am SC/T
TDavis a trusted member
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
Buck up and get it man.
There is no bucking up , he said he'll let me know if he will part it out or sell the whole car. Still haven't heard yet
__________________
Mods: Alotta sht

Last edited by TDavis; 04-28-2014 at 01:06 PM.
TDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 05:50 PM   #143
StormTec2.0
Modding madness
 
StormTec2.0's Avatar
 
AKA: Sean
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Buffalo, NY area
Posts: 270
Vehicle: 08 F150 XTR
StormTec2.0 Gettin' there
Stop whining and assuming bull sh!t. I would of had it reproduced. I know a carbon fiber/fiber glass professional and a CNC metal iron art guy for the feet. I would of had 10 reproduced in CF for $2300 total.

I would of taken good care of it and so would the reproducer, His work is flawless.

It will not happen though. Offer was turned down.

Last edited by StormTec2.0; 04-28-2014 at 05:55 PM.
StormTec2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 05:56 PM   #144
sleepyalero
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
 
sleepyalero's Avatar
 
AKA: Nathan
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Unknown.
Posts: 5,911
Vehicle: 2001 olds alero GLS
sleepyalero a trusted member
That would have been a good idea.
__________________
2001 | Alero GLS | 3400 | 6MT


2012 BMW S1000RR, full exhaust, BRENTUNE, power commander 5, dyno tune, 198WHP.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:12 PM   #145
young gun
ON THAT WORK GRIND
 
young gun's Avatar
 
AKA: Erik
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Rochester, NY
Age: 26
Posts: 1,596
Vehicle: 00' GAGT
young gun a trusted member
Still waiting to hear back from Luke about other matters...
__________________
2000 - GAGT 14.63@92.9 -Full LX9 with CAI, 65MM TB, 2.5in DP, Borla Cat-Back, Crappy rubber, Magic, Quick tune)

2008 - Kawasaki Ninja 250r - Slip on exhaust, K&N, Jetted, Sprockets, Lowered and the Girlfriend's now

1984 - Honda Nighthawk 700s - Oldest, quickest and quietess
young gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:44 PM   #146
StormTec2.0
Modding madness
 
StormTec2.0's Avatar
 
AKA: Sean
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Buffalo, NY area
Posts: 270
Vehicle: 08 F150 XTR
StormTec2.0 Gettin' there
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
That would have been a good idea.
really

Last edited by StormTec2.0; 04-28-2014 at 07:48 PM.
StormTec2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:51 PM   #147
[ChaosweaveR]
So that's Vtec...
 
[ChaosweaveR]'s Avatar
 
AKA: Chris
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Medford, NY
Age: 32
Posts: 6,784
Vehicle: 15 Honda Accord Sport
[ChaosweaveR] has made plenty of valid points[ChaosweaveR] has made plenty of valid points
Send a message via AIM to [ChaosweaveR]
Luke turned down $1000 for it?

Called it.
__________________

2015 Honda Accord Sport Sedan: K24W
2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES: 4G64
[ChaosweaveR] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 11:21 PM   #148
StormTec2.0
Modding madness
 
StormTec2.0's Avatar
 
AKA: Sean
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Buffalo, NY area
Posts: 270
Vehicle: 08 F150 XTR
StormTec2.0 Gettin' there
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ChaosweaveR] View Post
Luke turned down $1000 for it?

Called it.
Correct
StormTec2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:21 AM   #149
TDavis
GAGT - Junkie
 
TDavis's Avatar
 
AKA: Tanner
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Columbia, MO
Age: 27
Posts: 3,871
Vehicle: 2000 Grand Am SC/T
TDavis a trusted member
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormTec2.0 View Post
Stop whining and assuming bull sh!t. I would of had it reproduced. I know a carbon fiber/fiber glass professional and a CNC metal iron art guy for the feet. I would of had 10 reproduced in CF for $2300 total.

I would of taken good care of it and so would the reproducer, His work is flawless.
Won't believe that till I see it.
__________________
Mods: Alotta sht
TDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:19 AM   #150
sleepyalero
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
 
sleepyalero's Avatar
 
AKA: Nathan
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Unknown.
Posts: 5,911
Vehicle: 2001 olds alero GLS
sleepyalero a trusted member
can only see it if he gets the spoiler.
__________________
2001 | Alero GLS | 3400 | 6MT


2012 BMW S1000RR, full exhaust, BRENTUNE, power commander 5, dyno tune, 198WHP.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:45 AM   #151
TDavis
GAGT - Junkie
 
TDavis's Avatar
 
AKA: Tanner
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Columbia, MO
Age: 27
Posts: 3,871
Vehicle: 2000 Grand Am SC/T
TDavis a trusted member
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
can only see it if he gets the spoiler.
Doesn't really matter, if he truely got denied for a $1k offer then I'm not going to even bother, I know its a one off spoiler but not even $1k?


I said that just to bust his balls and so he would have more urge to get it and then reproduce it even though I don't care much for CF pieces.

So yeah if he got denied $1k I have no chance so whatevs. I LOVE that spoiler but its not worth more then $700 to me.
__________________
Mods: Alotta sht

Last edited by TDavis; 04-29-2014 at 10:58 AM.
TDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:44 AM   #152
sleepyalero
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
 
sleepyalero's Avatar
 
AKA: Nathan
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Unknown.
Posts: 5,911
Vehicle: 2001 olds alero GLS
sleepyalero a trusted member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDavis View Post
Doesn't really matter, if he truely got denied for a $1k offer then I'm not going to even bother, I know its a one off spoiler but not even $1k?


I said that just to bust his balls and so he would have more urge to get it and then reproduce it even though I don't care much for CF pieces.

So yeah if he got denied $1k I have no chance so whatevs. I LOVE that spoiler but its not worth more then $700 to me.
well Luke E-mailed me awhile back when i asked him about it... he said he wants to sell the spoiler with the car, but if things change he would let me know... but hopefully, if someone buys that car that has no idea about that spoiler... he will remove it and sell it on here.

or he will just hoard it........
__________________
2001 | Alero GLS | 3400 | 6MT


2012 BMW S1000RR, full exhaust, BRENTUNE, power commander 5, dyno tune, 198WHP.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:47 AM   #153
TDavis
GAGT - Junkie
 
TDavis's Avatar
 
AKA: Tanner
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Columbia, MO
Age: 27
Posts: 3,871
Vehicle: 2000 Grand Am SC/T
TDavis a trusted member
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
well Luke E-mailed me awhile back when i asked him about it... he said he wants to sell the spoiler with the car, but if things change he would let me know... but hopefully, if someone buys that car that has no idea about that spoiler... he will remove it and sell it on here.

or he will just hoard it........
Yeah, Luke said the same to me, all he did was probably copy and paste what he said to everyone who emailed him about the spoiler
__________________
Mods: Alotta sht
TDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 12:41 PM   #154
sleepyalero
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
 
sleepyalero's Avatar
 
AKA: Nathan
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Unknown.
Posts: 5,911
Vehicle: 2001 olds alero GLS
sleepyalero a trusted member
Maybe so.
__________________
2001 | Alero GLS | 3400 | 6MT


2012 BMW S1000RR, full exhaust, BRENTUNE, power commander 5, dyno tune, 198WHP.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 02:38 PM   #155
SikMindz
BOLD Yellow
 
SikMindz's Avatar
 
AKA: D
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: The Bay!
Posts: 8,511
Vehicle: 2003 BMW E39
SikMindz has made plenty of valid pointsSikMindz has made plenty of valid points
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormTec2.0 View Post
Stop whining and assuming bull sh!t. I would of had it reproduced. I know a carbon fiber/fiber glass professional and a CNC metal iron art guy for the feet. I would of had 10 reproduced in CF for $2300 total.

I would of taken good care of it and so would the reproducer, His work is flawless.

It will not happen though. Offer was turned down.
Either your numbers are off or your sources are TERRIBLE businessmen.

Let's break it down: $2300/10 = $230 per spoiler. You're telling me that for $230 this includes countless hours of labor for a spoiler mold, plus raw materials (CF/fiberglass), and fixtures/templates for the CNC metal guy (and/or design work for CAD files)?

As with a lot of projects through the last decade or so in this community, for the REAL cost of what it would take to replicate this spoiler however "simple" you guys think it is, it's highly unlikely that any singular person would want to incur the setup, distribution, and overhead associated with this project.

For reference, my ricey full CF spoiler that I had years ago cost $500 at retail. There's no way that in a limited capacity these guys could do this for the price you listed unless all labor and R&D was done for free. Hell, I'd be surprised if $2300 would even cover raw materials for 10 spoilers.

Yeah--not buying it. But it'd be great if you could prove me wrong.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
That's why I keep a few black guys around. They really know how to fill my gaping holes. The mini tootsie rolls you asians carry around just come close.
SikMindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:59 PM   #156
TruGreenGAGT
Never Done......
 
TruGreenGAGT's Avatar
 
AKA: Jim
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Hemet, CA
Age: 32
Posts: 2,063
Vehicle: 01 Grand Am GT1 Coupe
TruGreenGAGT a trusted member
Has anyone found out a selling price for the whole car?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bricooper78 View Post
No fair, Jim has all the good toys!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
Because you were wearing a green shirt, with a green phone cover, a green hat, a green car with green interior with green on the green, a green green that you cleaned with simple green, and it all went with your green.
Quote:
Originally Posted by young gun View Post
Green is like the bat signal. Just type it and Jim's all over it

MY CARDOMAIN
TruGreenGAGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 04:01 PM   #157
tipnitty
Sneezed and Sharted
 
tipnitty's Avatar
 
AKA: Sam
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: STL/OKLAHOMA
Age: 31
Posts: 4,654
Vehicle: 98 T/A WS6,14 Ram Hemi
tipnitty has made plenty of valid pointstipnitty has made plenty of valid points
Send a message via AIM to tipnitty Send a message via Yahoo to tipnitty
He gave me an idea of what he was looking for, but wasn't certain of it. I'll let him say unless someone received an actual number.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDavis View Post
inb4chaosandtipnitty
1998 Trans Am Ws6 M6
2014 Ram Hemi
tipnitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 04:04 PM   #158
TruGreenGAGT
Never Done......
 
TruGreenGAGT's Avatar
 
AKA: Jim
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Hemet, CA
Age: 32
Posts: 2,063
Vehicle: 01 Grand Am GT1 Coupe
TruGreenGAGT a trusted member
Ball park it tip
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bricooper78 View Post
No fair, Jim has all the good toys!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
Because you were wearing a green shirt, with a green phone cover, a green hat, a green car with green interior with green on the green, a green green that you cleaned with simple green, and it all went with your green.
Quote:
Originally Posted by young gun View Post
Green is like the bat signal. Just type it and Jim's all over it

MY CARDOMAIN
TruGreenGAGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 05:16 PM   #159
LukeD
Hear it scream!
 
LukeD's Avatar
 
AKA: Luke
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: California, Bay Area
Age: 34
Posts: 923
Vehicle: 1999 Grand Am GT Sedan
LukeD Gettin' there
http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showt...20#post1247920
__________________
1999 Grand Am GT1 Sedan (Bright Red) -- CAI, SLP exhaust, MSD, DHP, TOG, P&P Upper and Lower, FFWD UD Pully, 42.5# injectors and RAM AIR, EATON style!
LukeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 07:12 PM   #160
StormTec2.0
Modding madness
 
StormTec2.0's Avatar
 
AKA: Sean
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Buffalo, NY area
Posts: 270
Vehicle: 08 F150 XTR
StormTec2.0 Gettin' there
Quote:
Originally Posted by SikMindz View Post
Either your numbers are off or your sources are TERRIBLE businessmen.

Let's break it down: $2300/10 = $230 per spoiler. You're telling me that for $230 this includes countless hours of labor for a spoiler mold, plus raw materials (CF/fiberglass), and fixtures/templates for the CNC metal guy (and/or design work for CAD files)?

As with a lot of projects through the last decade or so in this community, for the REAL cost of what it would take to replicate this spoiler however "simple" you guys think it is, it's highly unlikely that any singular person would want to incur the setup, distribution, and overhead associated with this project.

For reference, my ricey full CF spoiler that I had years ago cost $500 at retail. There's no way that in a limited capacity these guys could do this for the price you listed unless all labor and R&D was done for free. Hell, I'd be surprised if $2300 would even cover raw materials for 10 spoilers.

Yeah--not buying it. But it'd be great if you could prove me wrong.
Proving you wrong is not a option unless i get the spoiler. Do you want the guys phone numbers because that isn't happening

Believe what you wish. Both guys are friends with my father. After there made id have them in my possession and would sell them privately. There is nothing wrong with my numbers. The carbon Fiber ones are just a layer of CF with FG underneath. He has so much FG its coming out his ears. After the mold is done then its not so bad after that. I would also help him since i always wanted to advance in CF and FG fabrication. He also mentioned we would also make a deal were he would get a percentage of each spoiler sold but that was not talked out, It would probably be 15% - 20%. I would of sold 15 at most to keep it semi rare.

But its not going to happen unless the spoiler leaves with car but i fully respect that decision.

Last edited by StormTec2.0; 04-29-2014 at 07:17 PM.
StormTec2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
spoiler, trunk

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 GrandAmGT.com
RedlineGoods.com