GrandAmGT.com Forum
http://www.pfyc.com GrandAmGT.com Premium Memership Signup
RotorsOnline.com   

Go Back   GrandAmGT.com Forum > GAGT - Modifications - Sponsored by RedlineGoods.com > All Go (Performance modifications)

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 08:55 AM   #1
pacho
GAGT - Member

Vehicle: 2002 Alero
pacho Gettin' there
MPRacing Torque Link vs. Urethane Trans Mount

Has anyone used MPRacing's Torque Link or their Urethane transmission mount?

I like the price of his Transmission mount at $100 vs. Milzy's Transmission mount at $185 but it seems Milzy uses Delron Polyurethane in his billet mount and MPRacing uses Urethane. These are different compounds, with polyurethane being the stronger of the two (multi layers of urethane combined to form poly), but I'm not sure if its a mistype in the description and he's actually using polyurethane or not.

I'd appreciate any input as I don't have much experience with engine/transmission mounts on N-bodies.

MPRacing Torque Link:
http://www.mpracing.org/store/index....&productId=389

MPRacing Urethane/Billet Transmission Mount:
http://www.mpracing.org/store/index....&productId=508
Old 10-18-2010, 04:08 PM   #2
stewartfn18
GAGT - Senior Member

AKA: David
Vehicle: 04 vette, 14 R6
stewartfn18 a trusted member
dont expect to get anything quick if you order from mpr
Old 10-18-2010, 04:34 PM   #3
geldartb
With the quickness

AKA: Brendan
Vehicle: 03 Outback H6
geldartb has made plenty of valid pointsgeldartb has made plenty of valid points
im not going to comment on MPR

id say get the transmission mount and skip the torque link. if you go for the trans mount you won't even need the torque link thing.

if your still feeling the itch for the torque link then you could probably build one for $20-30 in materials if you desire and save yourself some money.

i got one of these when milzy first came out with them.
N-body Billet Transmission Mount
http://www.milzymotorsports.com/miva...t_Code=NbodyTM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SikMindz View Post
Well you shouldn't have left your laptop exposed when there was a chance of golden showers...
Old 10-18-2010, 04:46 PM   #4
KhellendrosxS
Im A Motherfuc*er

AKA: Chris
Vehicle: 2001 Grand Am GT
KhellendrosxS a trusted member
Send a message via AIM to KhellendrosxS
This is also a nice addition.

http://wot-tech.com/shop/all/1999-n-.../prod_222.html

SHOW:
Camaro Brake Upgrade, F/R Sway Bars, SLP STB
Old 10-18-2010, 05:05 PM   #5
pacho
GAGT - Member

Vehicle: 2002 Alero
pacho Gettin' there
I've heard nothing but good about mpracing coming from aleromod and Mark responded within a few hours to an email I sent him regarding the torque link vs. transmission mount. I have seen some negative posts geared towards MPRacing, all that's doing is keeping him from giving us some good discounts and I'm all about sales/discounts.

Khellendro, I ordered Ben's mount last week and installed it a few days ago-it makes a world of a difference.

Mark told me that the transmission mount will give me more of what I'm looking for than what the torque link will.

geldartb, milzy's tranny mount is $185 compared to MPRacing's of $100---anyone know what the big difference is about?
Old 10-18-2010, 05:52 PM   #6
HOYS
lolGM

AKA: Colin
Vehicle: 2001 Impreza 2.5 RS
HOYS Still kinda new, but learning
I once asked Mike the big difference between his and the competitors...and I forget the exact details. I know since the first version he put out, there have been a few changes.

I would give Mike a shout and talk to him about them.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:40 PM   #7
O1GAGT
GAGT - Senior Member

AKA: Phil
Vehicle: 2001 Grand Am GT Coupe
O1GAGT Gettin' there
Looks like MPR bought some of RSM/Z-spec mounts and is reselling them as his own
Might as well buy it from the guy on ebay for $85 shipped and save a few bucks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3400-...Q5fAccessories

Personally, I would fill the front mount with urethane and spend the rest on the WOT-Tech Passenger Side Engine Mount or something else.
"The world's best cam combined with a poor set of heads will produce an engine that's a dog. But bolt on a set of great heads even with a poor cam, and that engine will still make great power." ~John Lingenfelter
Old 10-18-2010, 08:18 PM   #8
boost21
GAGT - Senior Member

AKA: -_-
Vehicle: turbo ls1
boost21 a trusted member
Summit sells the same thing for $52

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-770030/
Old 10-18-2010, 11:43 PM   #9
01GPGT
Curse you Red Baron!

AKA: Tom H.
Vehicle: 2000 Grand Am GT Coupe
01GPGT Gettin' there
or you could go to a junk yard and try to retro fit a W-body front mount

not sure if it would even work though

1992 LeBaron Convertible 3.0L: trans cooler : Thrush turbo muffler : GR-2 struts : WAI
Old 10-19-2010, 07:20 AM   #10
lvemy3100
Im President Charley

AKA: mp
Vehicle: 01 car
lvemy3100 a trusted member
Send a message via AIM to lvemy3100
Quote:
Originally Posted by O1GAGT View Post
Looks like MPR bought some of RSM/Z-spec mounts and is reselling them as his own
Might as well buy it from the guy on ebay for $85 shipped and save a few bucks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3400-...Q5fAccessories

Personally, I would fill the front mount with urethane and spend the rest on the WOT-Tech Passenger Side Engine Mount or something else.
Completely wrong. My uncle in law has a machine shop and makes them for us as well as strut bars and custom pullies so how about next time you actually know WTF you are saying before you say it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boost21 View Post
Summit sells the same thing for $52

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-770030/
Amazing... So how exactly does that part fit to the car? I ask because while part of it may look similar to the mpr torque link I can say for certain that it's not the same if it fits a mustang which I will admit is where I came up with the idea to do one go this platform but a mustang piece would not work unless you modded it a bit

You want more power? You need MP Racing!

------

Now drink with me deeply of the bourbon, scotch, and rye until such time as we are fighting drunk. Then we shall find, and beat the a**es of, the nonbelievers who ruined my feast.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:15 PM   #11
O1GAGT
GAGT - Senior Member

O1GAGT Gettin' there
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvemy3100 View Post
Completely wrong. My uncle in law has a machine shop and makes them for us as well as strut bars and custom pullies so how about next time you actually know WTF you are saying before you say it.
So riddle me this Batman, why are they identical.... point out something that makes the design different than that of the RSM/Z-Spec Mount.

So you had your uncle in law custom make these parts by making copies of the RSM/Z-Spec is that what you are saying? Or did your uncle in law work for RSM/Z-Spec? If you look at the two mounts they are identical so you either bought them from the ebay seller and are caught up in a lie or you had your "Uncle in Law" copy the RSM/Z-spec design right down to the bushings and pin. Let me guess they only come with red bushings like the RSM/Z-Spec Mount.

Gotta love how you get all defensive about everything and always attempt to turn it around rather than use good business sense or competitive advantage. Really looks good to potential customers.
"The world's best cam combined with a poor set of heads will produce an engine that's a dog. But bolt on a set of great heads even with a poor cam, and that engine will still make great power." ~John Lingenfelter

Last edited by O1GAGT; 10-19-2010 at 07:20 PM.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:07 PM   #12
AaronGTR
BlingWithBallz

AKA: Aaron
Vehicle: 2000 Grand Am GT1 2dr
AaronGTR has made plenty of valid pointsAaronGTR has made plenty of valid points
Quote:
So riddle me this Batman, why are they identical.... point out something that makes the design different than that of the RSM/Z-Spec Mount.

So you had your uncle in law custom make these parts by making copies of the RSM/Z-Spec is that what you are saying? Or did your uncle in law work for RSM/Z-Spec? If you look at the two mounts they are identical so you either bought them from the ebay seller and are caught up in a lie or you had your "Uncle in Law" copy the RSM/Z-spec design right down to the bushings and pin. Let me guess they only come with red bushings like the RSM/Z-Spec Mount.

Gotta love how you get all defensive about everything and always attempt to turn it around rather than use good business sense or competitive advantage. Really looks good to potential customers.

Dude, you are a total tool. I have one of the original RSM transmission mounts. It used an aluminum and urethane insert inside a factory mount, in place of the original molded runner and steel. The mount in that link looks NOTHING like an RSM mount.

As for where Mark or the seller on ebay got their mounts or their design from... I can't comment. But I can tell you it wasn't RSM unless they managed to change their design before they went out of business.

Last edited by AaronGTR; 10-19-2010 at 08:10 PM.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:34 PM   #13
O1GAGT
GAGT - Senior Member

O1GAGT Gettin' there
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronGTR View Post
Dude, you are a total tool. I have one of the original RSM transmission mounts. It used an aluminum and urethane insert inside a factory mount, in place of the original molded runner and steel. The mount in that link looks NOTHING like an RSM mount.

As for where Mark or the seller on ebay got their mounts or their design from... I can't comment. But I can tell you it wasn't RSM unless they managed to change their design before they went out of business.
Aaron they changed the design awhile back.... it is still listed on z-spec's website.
http://www.z-spec.com/3400enginemount.jpg

I guess I am a tool and don't know what I am talking about. Knowledge and integrity guess that is a concept of the past around here.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:11 AM   #14
bigstribs
Bimmer Baby

AKA: mike
Vehicle: 1992 BMW 325is
bigstribs Gettin' there
Send a message via Yahoo to bigstribs
Old 10-20-2010, 01:51 PM   #15
lvemy3100
Im President Charley

AKA: mp
Vehicle: 01 car
lvemy3100 a trusted member
Send a message via AIM to lvemy3100
Actually "rsm/z-spec" changed their design AFTER my mount came out so if anything they got their hands on one of ours and then copied the design. So again stop with the bs and know wtf your are talking about before you bother trying to talk ish.

As for me getting defensive.. hmm lets see someone with no real knowledge of what they are talking about comes on saying they know everything about me and my company and making claims that I am stealing designs or reselling parts as my own design even though everything they are saying is false??? Can you give me 1 focking reason I should be happy about such a thing or for that matter why I should allow such actions to take place?!?!?! Didn't think so!

So now if you have any REAL info regarding the questions posed by the OP feel free to chime in otherwise maybe just stfu and leave this one alone because I am seriously sick of your whining every chance you get about me/my company even though you never had anything to do with me/my company. I get that you are upset because your "boyfriend" doesn't like me anymore since that is when you started your BS but seriously I know with all that money you blow on parts you gotta have better things to do than hate on me...

As for me.. I am done with this thread as I have said all I am going to say and if the OP wants to hear more they can call, pm or email me.

You want more power? You need MP Racing!

------

Now drink with me deeply of the bourbon, scotch, and rye until such time as we are fighting drunk. Then we shall find, and beat the a**es of, the nonbelievers who ruined my feast.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:12 PM   #16
dagenais
GAGT - Member

AKA: Mike
Vehicle: 2003 Grand AM GT
dagenais Gettin' there
BTW to all I have nothing but great service and response on everything I have ever purchase from MPR. I have recommended to many people... Marc was the first supplier I ever dealt with that called me (in canada) to help me out with an issue - NOW THAT IS SERVICE

www.cardomain.com/id/Mikeysgt
Old 10-20-2010, 09:58 PM   #17
O1GAGT
GAGT - Senior Member

O1GAGT Gettin' there
Quote:
Actually "rsm/z-spec" changed their design AFTER my mount came out so if anything they got their hands on one of ours and then copied the design. So again stop with the bs and know wtf your are talking about before you bother trying to talk ish.
So how long has MPR been selling these again.... I bet it hasn't been since 2007.

Fact: RSM/Zspec was selling this same mount roughly 3 years ago. (Note the Exif data on the pic from z-spec is 2006:09:18 15:09:22). Further note that MPR is using the exact same picture that Z-spec has on their site and the one of z-spec has on his ebay listing.

So Mark, you still want to contest that they stole your design? You aren't fooling anyone but yourself, but keep living in denial I am not the only one that is tired of your lies and trying to turn the tables around on people when you get called out. I bet they also copied your strut bars and aternator pulley design.

Quote:
As for me getting defensive.. hmm lets see someone with no real knowledge of what they are talking about comes on saying they know everything about me and my company and making claims that I am stealing designs or reselling parts as my own design even though everything they are saying is false??? Can you give me 1 focking reason I should be happy about such a thing or for that matter why I should allow such actions to take place?!?!?! Didn't think so!
I have proven my knowledge time and time again and I will admit my mistakes and flaws. Now I am giving you the chance to man up and prove me wrong or admit they did not steal your design. Let me guess RSM/Z-spec drove from Canada back in 2006, stole your camera and cnc files and copied your designs.

Quote:
So now if you have any REAL info regarding the questions posed by the OP feel free to chime in otherwise maybe just stfu and leave this one alone because I am seriously sick of your whining every chance you get about me/my company even though you never had anything to do with me/my company. I get that you are upset because your "boyfriend" doesn't like me anymore since that is when you started your BS but seriously I know with all that money you blow on parts you gotta have better things to do than hate on me...
I am not hating on you, just giving you a lesson in competitive advantage and business ethics. When the link of the mount on ebay was posted, you could have turned it around to your advantage. For example: The ebay seller is out of canada and it may take awhile to get them, I have them available and ready for immediate delivery.

In the business world you will find if you offer excellent customer service people will pay slightly higher prices. When people feel that they are lied to, shipping times are excessive and excuses are given people.... tend to go elsewhere.

Quote:
As for me.. I am done with this thread as I have said all I am going to say and if the OP wants to hear more they can call, pm or email me.
That is your choice, but I think I have made my point.

Last edited by O1GAGT; 10-20-2010 at 10:10 PM.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:58 PM   #18
lone_wolf025
Spirit guides

AKA: Jon
Vehicle: 2003 Grand Am GT1
lone_wolf025 Gettin' there
Send a message via AIM to lone_wolf025
Quote:
So how long has MPR been selling these again.... I bet it hasn't been since 2007.

Fact: RSM/Zspec was selling this same mount roughly 3 years ago. (Note the Exif data on the pic from z-spec is 2006:09:18 15:09:22). Further note that MPR is using the exact same picture that Z-spec has on their site and the one of z-spec has on his ebay listing.

So Mark, you still want to contest that they stole your design? You aren't fooling anyone but yourself, but keep living in denial I am not the only one that is tired of your lies and trying to turn the tables around on people when you get called out. I bet they also copied your strut bars and aternator pulley design.

I have proven my knowledge time and time again and I will admit my mistakes and flaws. Now I am giving you the chance to man up and prove me wrong or admit they did not steal your design. Let me guess RSM/Z-spec drove from Canada back in 2006, stole your camera and cnc files and copied your designs.

I am not hating on you, just giving you a lesson in competitive advantage and business ethics. When the link of the mount on ebay was posted, you could have turned it around to your advantage. For example: The ebay seller is out of canada and it may take awhile to get them, I have them available and ready for immediate delivery.

In the business world you will find if you offer excellent customer service people will pay slightly higher prices. When people feel that they are lied to, shipping times are excessive and excuses are given people.... tend to go elsewhere.

That is your choice, but I think I have made my point.
Ok dude you just come off as a douche. If you really have anything other than a picture of two similar looking products than put up or shut up. All you have is conjecture. You REALLY think Mark copied the z-spec design, why not buy them both and do your own side by side comparison. Will they be similar? Probably. Will they be exactly the same? Uh no. If they were, you'd have an argument.

If you really think you're so much better at business than Mark, then again, put up or shut up. Lets see what YOU can offer the GA community. Until you have stuff that is in direct competition with things that Mark offers you're just another person with a keyboard and internet connection.

And you run your own business you say? How many people do you employ/assist you? What resources do you have? What products do you offer?

Here's the reality: Mark is one guy. He runs his business by himself without anyone else giving a helping hand. Sh!t happens in every business especially when you're just one guy trying to answer every email and every voicemail and every PM when sometimes the services don't work. Every time I've had to call him for whatever reason I left a vml (if he didn't/couldn't pick up) and every time he's gotten back to me.

So do us all a favor: Quit harping on Mark like you're so much better and smarter. WE DON'T CARE! If you want to brag, put your money where your mouth is. Otherwise go troll somewhere else.

k thx bai

Never ask why people do strange/stupid things...the answer just makes it worse...

14.841 @91.56mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someone else
Ahhh but that would be in the land of "Makes Sense"...you forget that we live in the land of "DUHHH"
Old 10-20-2010, 11:13 PM   #19
bigstribs
Bimmer Baby

AKA: mike
Vehicle: 1992 BMW 325is
bigstribs Gettin' there
Send a message via Yahoo to bigstribs
Damn will you guys take your d*ck swinging contest to pm's! This BS arguing is not really telling the OP sh*t about the differences pro's or con's about the products he's inquiring about.

OP I suggest pm'ing both companies and make your purchase based upon how you feel. If I have looked correctly both have billet aluminum designs and poly bushings. The torque link is designed for a stiffer shift. It minimalizes the motor from rocking through shifts.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:28 PM   #20
O1GAGT
GAGT - Senior Member

O1GAGT Gettin' there
Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf025 View Post
Ok dude you just come off as a douche. If you really have anything other than a picture of two similar looking products than put up or shut up. All you have is conjecture. You REALLY think Mark copied the z-spec design, why not buy them both and do your own side by side comparison. Will they be similar? Probably. Will they be exactly the same? Uh no. If they were, you'd have an argument.

If you really think you're so much better at business than Mark, then again, put up or shut up. Lets see what YOU can offer the GA community. Until you have stuff that is in direct competition with things that Mark offers you're just another person with a keyboard and internet connection.

And you run your own business you say? How many people do you employ/assist you? What resources do you have? What products do you offer?

Here's the reality: Mark is one guy. He runs his business by himself without anyone else giving a helping hand. Sh!t happens in every business especially when you're just one guy trying to answer every email and every voicemail and every PM when sometimes the services don't work. Every time I've had to call him for whatever reason I left a vml (if he didn't/couldn't pick up) and every time he's gotten back to me.

So do us all a favor: Quit harping on Mark like you're so much better and smarter. WE DON'T CARE! If you want to brag, put your money where your mouth is. Otherwise go troll somewhere else.

k thx bai
No, I don't think he copied them.... that would be too much effort. I would have to say he bought them on ebay and is now trying to say they stole his design. If he bought them to resell that is fine, but when you acuse someone of stealing your design you better have proof. Especially since they have been on the market since 07 and MPR has been selling them for no more than a year.

I do not need to waste money to prove this when the pics are the exact same.... any one with two eyes can see this. Not only are the pics the exact same, but so are the tooling marks, photo angle and shadowing in the pics. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to see this.

The moral of the story is don't lie and say someone stole your design.
Closed Thread