GrandAmGT.com Forum
http://www.pfyc.com GrandAmGT.com Premium Memership Signup
RotorsOnline.com   

Go Back   GrandAmGT.com Forum > GAGT - Modifications - Sponsored by RedlineGoods.com > Member's Car Gallery

Old 03-26-2013, 08:29 PM   #1
MAC the KNIFE
always cuttin' up

AKA: MAC
Vehicle: Red 99 GT coupe
MAC the KNIFE a trusted member
I'm in LOVE w/ my new radio...

and the rest of the stuff that came with it ain't bad
2013-03-26 20.24.52.jpg

2013-03-26 20.24.24.jpg

2013-03-26 20.23.24.jpg

2013-03-26 20.25.02.jpg

In February, i wrecked the GTO. insurance said it was a total loss. i had worshipped that car, but God has a funny way getting your attention. I wrecked it on the way home from church. 30 seconds after the crash, people from my church stopped and were helping me get out. another 30 seconds go by and a tow truck driver from my church is backing up his rig to pull it out of the ditch. i walked away w/o even a bruise. i've been around that corner a thousand times before with no prob. I always felt better than everyone else since i got the GTO. My arrogance was at all time highs. I always prided myself on having the nicest car of anyone at my church, and to see almost everyone in church drive by, pull over and ask if i was alright was pretty humiliating.

But guess what happened next... the insurance ended up paying me more for the total loss than i had paid for the car!!!

For a while now, even when i had the GTO, i wished it had a bigger trunk, and an easier way to get in the back seats. so after i got the insurance check, i went looking for a g8. i expected to wait 6 months or more before i found one with all the options and the right color. but it came along the same week i started searching!!! I wanted a white with red interior, tinted windows, 19" factory rims, sunroof, and the squared bottom steering wheel. and i got it for about the same price as the insurance settlement!!!

too many coincidences. I know it was God who helped me in all of this. there's even more to the story, but suffice it to say, I am amazed at how God worked this whole thing out!

2009 G8 gt
no more Big Gears, buh-bye coilovers... illusions of making this a racecar have passed. 12.78 @112.. not a bad grocery getter
-still LOUD AS FCK though

2006 GTO completely stock. rip at 39k.

99 GAGT 108k miles, Borla cat-back, CAI, 65mm TB, EGR delete, WOT-tech intakes, F-Body Brakes w/ Hawk HPS pads.
Suede headliner, heated seats, jvc HU, infinity speakers+amp+subs, LEDs
-probably less than 1000 miles on it in the last 3 years...
MAC the KNIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:32 PM   #2
PhantomLover007
'Til I see you again

AKA: Matt
Vehicle: 02 SC/T kitted & M62'd
PhantomLover007 has made plenty of valid pointsPhantomLover007 has made plenty of valid points
Send a message via AIM to PhantomLover007 Send a message via Yahoo to PhantomLover007
Man.. I have been eyeing a GTO or a G8.

My ride:
GA's ONLY SC/T'ed Grand Am according to CarDomain
PhantomLover007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:37 PM   #3
kzulfic
GAGT - Senior Member

AKA: Kameron
Vehicle: 2004 Grand Am SE2
kzulfic Gettin' there
Nice looking car, always wanted a G8 myself.
kzulfic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:44 PM   #4
AaronGTR
BlingWithBallz

AKA: Aaron
Vehicle: 2000 Grand Am GT1 2dr
AaronGTR has made plenty of valid pointsAaronGTR has made plenty of valid points
Wowza! So you went ahead and pulled the trigger on the G8 huh? Nice! Shoulda told me man. I wasn't sure if you were sold on it after the other test drives you talked about. So is this one a GT? I'm assuming you liked how it drove better?

Also, nice choice of color. Looks sharp!
AaronGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:49 PM   #5
Metallman56
Bears Fan

AKA: Metall
Vehicle: 2001 grand am gt coupe
Metallman56 a trusted member
wow man really great story, glad your okay

personally i like the g8s much much better then the gtos. i know i'm almost alone in this but the gto lack(s) style. the g8 looks soooo much better then the gto. looks great man, great find.

So you proved your point about the camaro - condense your sig.
- Your friendly Administration
Metallman56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:29 PM   #6
young gun
ON THAT WORK GRIND

AKA: Erik
Vehicle: 00' GAGT
young gun a trusted member
OK SCREW EVERYONE WHO IS GETTING THEIR G8'S. It should be my turn . But on a real note glad you came out of it ok and then even on top of it all financially

2008 - Kawasaki Ninja 250r - Slip on exhaust, K&N, Jetted, Sprockets, Lowered and the Girlfriend's now

1984 - Honda Nighthawk 700s - Oldest, quickest and quietess
young gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:04 PM   #7
TDavis
GAGT - Junkie

AKA: Tanner
Vehicle: 2000 Grand Am SC/T
TDavis a trusted member
Not bad.

I really don't get the point of dual climate control in the newer cars these days.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:59 PM   #8
FuriousG
Nürburgring Driven!

AKA: Isaiah
Vehicle: '03 GAGT / '09 G8 GXP
FuriousG Gettin' there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallman56 View Post
i know i'm almost alone in this but the gto lack(s) style. the g8 looks soooo much better then the gto.
Not so alone, I always thought the same...

MAC, welcome to the Grand Am to G8 conversion club. Definitely a great car and a shame that GM killed Pontiac so shortly after these cars came out in the US. I've only owned my G8 GXP for about a week and a half but i can already tell I'm going to keep this car for as long as I can, just like my GAGT.
2003 GAGT: CAI, SLP Catback, DHP ECM, 18" ASA JH9 Rims, Eibachs, Corvette Z06 Brakes, Front/Rear STBs, Debadged, Dual Post Mirrors, Projector Headlights, Tinted Tails, Fogs, 3rd Brake & Reverse Lights

2009 G8 GXP: #1233 out of 1829 - SOLO Axlebacks, VCM OTR Intake
FuriousG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:26 PM   #9
SC/T02
Old School Pontiac

AKA: Adam
Vehicle: '99 30th TA/08-09 G8
SC/T02 Gettin' there
Send a message via AIM to SC/T02
Yup Mac. Welcome to the club. You will enjoy the decision. I like my GTO, and love my G8s. So much bang for the buck. I figured I would see you in one at some point! White does not do justice to the lines of the car in my opinion, but the two tone interior is sooooo sexy. You got the GT with the premium package and sunroof, that is about all the options you could get. And the sunroof is the only thing I miss on my car, but out of the 120 made not one of them had it as part of the GTX package... The wifes orange (IOM) has it, and I don't care for the switch or how it only opens a little way, but it is really nice to have. Hope you enjoy it anc keep it between the ditches.

You have to admit it is leaps and bounds more refined than the GTO as well. More mild mannered and yet more get up and go. Let me know if you have any q's about the car.

Here is a fun one. Press the dim up, and dim down at the same time when your headlights are on at night, and it will go into a night hawk mode, cutting the light to anything non essential in the car. You can press the dim up to have it all kick back on. Just one of the many things most people don't know, or you have to search to find out.

You can also up the amp in the trunk for more bass by a turn of the knob.

Tanner, the dual control is awesome! I get to control my side of the car and the back seat vents. My wife can have her side like 15 degrees warmer since she is always cold. That way, we are both happy.

www.TheAutoNation.org
SC/T02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:30 PM   #10
TDavis
GAGT - Junkie

TDavis a trusted member
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC/T02 View Post
Tanner, the dual control is awesome! I get to control my side of the car and the back seat vents. My wife can have her side like 15 degrees warmer since she is always cold. That way, we are both happy.
I just never thought it would work like that seeing as you're like a foot away from each other and the air would blend quickly.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:19 AM   #11
MAC the KNIFE
always cuttin' up

these heated seats are awesome! and dual climate control is a nice thing to have. i can be cozy at 75, while the passenger can be chillin' at 65. that's farenheit for you canucks.

adam, i already saw the stealth mode, and i did the stock amp bass mod too. i've had it for a week, as of today. already had the mufflers off, blacked out the gray exterior trim, got rid of the cabin air filter and installed my own contraption (i do custom filters for a living) added a bit of oil stabilizer to the motor, ordered a homelink visor, ordered a hardwire power cord for my radar detector. and that's just what i can remember.

i never did anything to the gto. but this car, i'm gonna have some fun with. i think exhaust cutouts are next. then a reverse cam for the radio display.... the list goes on and on.

this car is everything the gto should have been. it rides so smooth too. luv it. thanks guys.

edit: i also love how there is a HUGE list of DIY mods on the g8 forums. fun fun fun!!!

2009 G8 gt
no more Big Gears, buh-bye coilovers... illusions of making this a racecar have passed. 12.78 @112.. not a bad grocery getter

99 GAGT 108k miles, Borla cat-back, CAI, 65mm TB, EGR delete, WOT-tech intakes, F-Body Brakes w/ Hawk HPS pads.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:56 AM   #12
BJPbrandon2448
GAGT - Senior Member

AKA: Brandon
Vehicle: 2002 Grand Am GT
BJPbrandon2448 Gettin' there
Quote:
Originally Posted by young gun View Post
OK SCREW EVERYONE WHO IS GETTING THEIR G8'S. It should be my turn . But on a real note glad you came out of it ok and then even on top of it all financially
EXACTLY!!! I'm a jealous one.
BJPbrandon2448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:11 AM   #13
SC/T02
Old School Pontiac

AKA: Adam
Vehicle: '99 30th TA/08-09 G8
SC/T02 Gettin' there
Send a message via AIM to SC/T02
You have an '09. I would get the glove box light too. Silly that they did not include them on the 2009s. Homelink added to the visor is fun. Buy a spare visor to hack up! I was among the first to do it since I have had that on most cars. as well as the tail light swap with the custom LED lamps. In fact I am one of about 4 people who have ever done it!

I would like a custom cabin filter. I hate replacing mine, and they never last long. I would not do the cutout. Do the muffler sapcer mod for a while and think twice as loud inside the car. You can get SLP like I have. Makes noise, but you can swap it for stocks in under 10 minutes.

Reverse cam is nice unless you go over 3mph and it cuts off without the JHP device that is hundreds. But it will allow you to play movies on the screen with the device.

www.TheAutoNation.org
SC/T02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:28 AM   #14
tipnitty
Sneezed and Sharted

AKA: Sam
Vehicle: 98 T/A WS6,14 Ram Hemi
tipnitty has made plenty of valid pointstipnitty has made plenty of valid points
Send a message via AIM to tipnitty Send a message via Yahoo to tipnitty
This is the exact car I was looking for. But I pretty much have to have a manual gear box, and lord knows I don't want to have to try and find a GXP .

Beautiful car man.
1998 Trans Am Ws6 M6
2014 Ram Hemi
tipnitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:16 AM   #15
TDavis
GAGT - Junkie

TDavis a trusted member
If anything I would want a TA or GTO over a G8. G8's are too boaty looking for me
Old 03-27-2013, 10:45 AM   #16
caraudiodave
Boring old man

AKA: Dave
Vehicle: '13 Camry hybrid
caraudiodave Gettin' there
congrats on the car. I tried to find a GXP in my area for a while and then gave up. You will really enjoy this car.

when the power gets old, get a maggie. it really wakes the car up.
2013 Toyota Camry hybrid: Pioneer AVIC-8000NEX, Phoenix Gold ZPA0.3 (300 x 2), Phoenix Gold ZPA0.3 (300 x 2), Phoenix Gold ZPA0.5 (1000 x 1), Dynaudio MD100 (1" tweeters), Dynaudio MW160 (6.5" mids), Eclipse SW8812 (12" aluminum cone subwoofer)
caraudiodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:01 PM   #17
FuriousG
Nürburgring Driven!

AKA: Isaiah
Vehicle: '03 GAGT / '09 G8 GXP
FuriousG Gettin' there
Finding a GXP out here in Cali is nearly impossible. I got lucky and found a private seller in Reno but the only others this side of the Rockies is 1 at a dealer in Merced who is asking nearly $10K over KBB value and a rebuilt title in Utah. The next closest was in St Louis according to autotrader (take a look at that one Tipnitty!)
2003 GAGT: CAI, SLP Catback, DHP ECM, 18" ASA JH9 Rims, Eibachs, Corvette Z06 Brakes, Front/Rear STBs, Debadged, Dual Post Mirrors, Projector Headlights, Tinted Tails, Fogs, 3rd Brake & Reverse Lights

2009 G8 GXP: #1233 out of 1829 - SOLO Axlebacks, VCM OTR Intake
FuriousG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:02 PM   #18
PhantomLover007
'Til I see you again

AKA: Matt
Vehicle: 02 SC/T kitted & M62'd
PhantomLover007 has made plenty of valid pointsPhantomLover007 has made plenty of valid points
Send a message via AIM to PhantomLover007 Send a message via Yahoo to PhantomLover007
Yeah. I went on Cars.com and found a few GXP's

My ride:
GA's ONLY SC/T'ed Grand Am according to CarDomain
PhantomLover007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:34 PM   #19
MAC the KNIFE
always cuttin' up

Quote:
Originally Posted by caraudiodave View Post
congrats on the car. I tried to find a GXP in my area for a while and then gave up. You will really enjoy this car.

when the power gets old, get a maggie. it really wakes the car up.
i haven't had it above 70 yet! and it's been on the interstate everyday. wrecking a gto will make you a better driver.

i told Aaron i was going to test drive a few GT's. the v6 i had drove before was so limp and numb that i was turned off. the GT has a great feel to the steering wheel though.

Adam, i didn't know the reverse cam shut off after 3mph. so much for that idea.
i found the space for a glovebox light today, so that'll happen soon.
i've seen pics of "engineering mode" on the dash display, but i dont know how to access it. didn't see a mention of it in the owners manual.
also, the gto had an "instant mpg" and all i can find on this is an average. maybe that's something engineering mode lets me turn on?
the front bumper is so low... gotta be something we can do to avoid scrapes?

a rotofab intake and pat g tune went on the to do list today.

2009 G8 gt

Old 03-27-2013, 09:27 PM   #20
Mike Jung
400 hp & 410 lb-ft

AKA: Mike
Vehicle: '14 Camaro SS RS coupe
Mike Jung a trusted member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC the KNIFE View Post
...i've seen pics of "engineering mode" on the dash display, but i dont know how to access it. didn't see a mention of it in the owners manual...
Hold down left scroll wheel on the steering wheel & turn the key to on, or start the car.
Mike Jung is offline   Reply With Quote