GrandAmGT.com Forum
http://www.pfyc.com GrandAmGT.com Premium Memership Signup
RotorsOnline.com   

Go Back   GrandAmGT.com Forum > GAGT - Modifications - Sponsored by RedlineGoods.com > All Go (Performance modifications) > Blowers,Turbos,N2O specific topics

Old 02-25-2015, 05:28 AM   #601
[ChaosweaveR]
So that's Vtec...

AKA: Chris
Vehicle: 15 Honda Accord Sport
[ChaosweaveR] has made plenty of valid points[ChaosweaveR] has made plenty of valid points
Send a message via AIM to [ChaosweaveR]
I hope you're not giving up on the car hobby, too. D:

2015 Honda Accord Sport Sedan: K24W
2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES: 4G64
[ChaosweaveR] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 07:53 AM   #602
DrFabulous
FIGJAM

AKA: Matt
Vehicle: 2015 Tahoe
DrFabulous has made plenty of valid pointsDrFabulous has made plenty of valid points
Damn, I'm really sad I never got to see the completed car. Best of luck in the warmer weather!

'05 Honda CR-V
100% stock
'15 Chevrolet Tahoe
100% stock
DrFabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 08:10 AM   #603
tipnitty
Sneezed and Sharted

AKA: Sam
Vehicle: 98 T/A WS6,14 Ram Hemi
tipnitty has made plenty of valid pointstipnitty has made plenty of valid points
Send a message via AIM to tipnitty Send a message via Yahoo to tipnitty
Damn that sucks you won't sell as a whole. But like I said, I'll be interested in the gauges.
1998 Trans Am Ws6 M6
2014 Ram Hemi
tipnitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 09:29 AM   #604
blckgagt
~Turbocharged~

AKA: Randy
Vehicle: 99 GAGT, 07 Vette
blckgagt Gettin' there
Really sucks to hear you decided to part ways, but i understand. I have thought many times of doing the same with mine, but a big part of me wants to get it up and running properly so it will continue. Just have to wait a little longer for the wife to finish school.

Anyways, I'm interested in the following so far:
radiator w/ fans (any modification needed to get it to fit?)
cv axles (if anything, ill throw those in my car and send my current pair to thedriveshaftshop.com)
steering wheel w/ adapter
carbon fiber trunk
aeromotive fuel pump
400whp 435wtq - MMS Race Block w/ 8.5:1 comp ratio, Eagle H-beam rods. MMS Stage 2 heads, Turbo Cam, chromemoly pushrods, GM gaskets. MMS 65 mm Turbo Kit w 60lb/hr injectors, Walbro fuel pump, powdercoated engine. MMS 3.29 4t65eHD conv., 3500 stall TC. Milzy headers w/ downpipe, magnaflow exhaust, FFP Pulley, f/r strut braces, Msd 8.5 SC wires, *** bodykit, Bilstein Coilovers. 17x8 AE 185s. Pioneer HU, B/A speakers. Baer brakes. Wot-tech engine mount. SB Rear Swaybar. ES Poly links
blckgagt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 12:01 PM   #605
dlineownzu4life
Not a newbie.

AKA: Scott
Vehicle: '04 Grand Am GT1 Coupe
dlineownzu4life Gettin' there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick-G View Post
The short and simple story is I'm changing careers and moving someplace warm because the only thing I hate more than snow is being a mechanic.
Best of luck with that... my old boss sold his marina in MI and is moving to Florida. I guess it just took him a little longer to figure it all out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFabulous View Post
Hey speed racer, do you understand the concept of dates? Or are you just hoping people randomly call your cell phone in the middle of the night to sing you the theme song from The Big Bang Theory? Because I can do that for you.
dlineownzu4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 02:19 PM   #606
gregraisbeck
GAGT - Member

AKA: Greg
Vehicle: '05 SC/T
gregraisbeck Gettin' there
I'd be interested in the transmission and all associated mounts/parts.
Old 02-25-2015, 04:29 PM   #607
geldartb
With the quickness

AKA: Brendan
Vehicle: 03 Outback H6
geldartb has made plenty of valid pointsgeldartb has made plenty of valid points
Quote:

I had lost most of my interest in it a while ago. I had still planned on hitting the track a few times before a part out but that doesn't look like it's going to happen.

The short and simple story is I'm changing careers and moving someplace warm because the only thing I hate more than snow is being a mechanic.
i lost interest shortly after i got the engine together years ago but for some dumb reason i would never let go.

that's like word for word my summary.. never had it at the track when it was running right and the few times i planned to go when it was running right that fell through. it is becoming a hassle to deal with. spend money on insurance and what not for it to sit.

looking to move somewhere warm myself. i also hate snow and working on cars just doesn't tickle my fancy anymore. i mean i'll do basic crap to keep my car going but i'm done with the rest for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SikMindz View Post
Well you shouldn't have left your laptop exposed when there was a chance of golden showers...
geldartb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 07:08 PM   #608
mfuller
Mr. Common Sense

AKA: Matt
Vehicle: 2000 Alero GLS sedan
mfuller a trusted member
I can relate.
But it's more of a hassle to part it out than I want to deal with, and even if I did, I'd take such a financial hit that I'd want to slit my throat.
So in the garage it sits.
Currently without an engine, Quaife LSD-equipped F40, a few suspension and brake bits, and a partridge in a pear tree.
mfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 10:21 PM   #609
G.I.Ceo
Skinny Wolfe

AKA: Randy
Vehicle: 2002 Grand Am Gt
G.I.Ceo Gettin' there
I'm interested in the Turbo Cam since I got screwed ot of my other one. Maybe more once you get a list together. Possibly interested in the intercooler too.

Garrett GT35 / Turbo Headers / 2.5" high flow DP / Custom SLP Exhaust / Ported 3500 Heads / Ported 3500 UIM/LIM / 65mm TB / Turbonetics Evolution WG / Greddy Type-RS BOV / Casper Adjustable FPR / Casper High Speed Fan Switch / Speedbuilt F/R STB's / Next Level F/R Sway bars / Eibach Springs / Dual Gauge Pod with Aeroforce Gauges /
DDM 5000K HID's / Big Four Upgrade / HP Tuners and more!

"Living is doing everything you want to do and dying is everything else"
G.I.Ceo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 04:28 PM   #610
geldartb
With the quickness

geldartb has made plenty of valid pointsgeldartb has made plenty of valid points
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfuller View Post
I can relate.
But it's more of a hassle to part it out than I want to deal with, and even if I did, I'd take such a financial hit that I'd want to slit my throat.
that's probably the reason mines still sitting in the garage. i never expected to make fill price back on the stuff but the amount of people actually doing anything to these engines anymore is very minimal and the ones that are around already have stuff and the rest are cheap as hell. if it doesn't come in a plasti dip can they aren't interested.

Quote:
Well you shouldn't have left your laptop exposed when there was a chance of golden showers...
Old 02-26-2015, 05:21 PM   #611
sleepyalero
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂

AKA: Nathan
Vehicle: 2001 olds alero GLS
sleepyalero a trusted member
Ill agree on that, 90% of the n-body people are cheap asses and cant afford anything. Which sucks because it makes performance parts harder to sell.

But some of us know what you need to do for these cars to be right, and how much it costs to make them good. I am by far cheap when it comes to my car.

2012 BMW S1000RR, full exhaust, BRENTUNE, power commander 5, dyno tune, 198WHP.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 06:43 PM   #612
geldartb
With the quickness

it's not just n-body people it's anything that a 3x00 came in.. i mean look at the cars the engine came in..

Quote:
Old 02-26-2015, 07:05 PM   #613
sassyness77
GAGT - Member

AKA: Richie
Vehicle: 99 Grand Am SE/GT/GXP
sassyness77 Gettin' there
Also, not just calling the owners cheap....people also move on to different, dare I say, better platforms. Its unfortunate I live 30 mins from where I believe nick lives and really hoped to see the car finished some day in person but oh well, all that matters is if you're having fun
sassyness77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 07:14 PM   #614
sleepyalero
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂

AKA: Nathan
Vehicle: 2001 olds alero GLS
sleepyalero a trusted member
I dont have a problem with the platform, i personally love it.

2012 BMW S1000RR, full exhaust, BRENTUNE, power commander 5, dyno tune, 198WHP.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 07:37 PM   #615
AleroB888
not this alero

Vehicle: 1999 Alero V6
AleroB888 Gettin' there
Quote:
Originally Posted by geldartb View Post
it's not just n-body people it's anything that a 3x00 came in.. i mean look at the cars the engine came in..
including Camaros?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpVYZPbpPzk
AleroB888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 07:42 PM   #616
AleroB888
not this alero

Vehicle: 1999 Alero V6
AleroB888 Gettin' there
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfuller View Post
I can relate.
Thought it was going to stay in the family. Good first car for somebody
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpVYZPbpPzk
AleroB888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 07:51 PM   #617
bricooper78
Dammit Sleepy

AKA: Cooper
Vehicle: 03 Sierra Z71
bricooper78 has made plenty of valid pointsbricooper78 has made plenty of valid points
For most people who want fast, for the cost of all the time and upgrading and finding rare parts, only to get beat by most things you'd find at a track (GTOs, Camaros, Mustangs, G8s....etc etc) anyway, what's exactly the point?

Now, for those who want BETTER and faster than stock, but still will drive the car around, I think this platform was not bad. But SPEED vs a good quick driver are 2 totally different things IMO
bricooper78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 11:45 PM   #618
young gun
ON THAT WORK GRIND

AKA: Erik
Vehicle: 00' GAGT
young gun a trusted member
Quote:
The car is running, but will be parted out.

I don't know when I'll get around to making a for sale thread but offers are welcome now.

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT!!

I shed a tear. This is a terrible loss for the community but I wish you the best of luck with your adventure to warmer weather and hope to still have you around as you are clearly skillful and knowledgeable.

2008 - Kawasaki Ninja 250r - Slip on exhaust, K&N, Jetted, Sprockets, Lowered and the Girlfriend's now

1984 - Honda Nighthawk 700s - Oldest, quickest and quietess
young gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 11:08 AM   #619
TDavis
GAGT - Junkie

AKA: Tanner
Vehicle: 2000 Grand Am SC/T
TDavis a trusted member
Quote:
Originally Posted by young gun View Post

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT!!

I shed a tear. This is a terrible loss for the community but I wish you the best of luck with your adventure to warmer weather and hope to still have you around as you are clearly skillful and knowledgeable.
Same sht that happens with any other build. Thats what I try to tell people on the FB pages. Building a GA isn't worth the time because by the time you're done you'll want something else/get board.

Most the people who've built GAs either don't post on forums much, don't drive there car at all, or eventually sell it off.

Last edited by TDavis; 02-27-2015 at 11:13 AM.
TDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 11:45 AM   #620
geldartb
With the quickness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyness77 View Post
Also, not just calling the owners cheap....people also move on to different, dare I say, better platforms. Its unfortunate I live 30 mins from where I believe nick lives and really hoped to see the car finished some day in person but oh well, all that matters is if you're having fun
by me meaning the owners being cheap is the new crowd as of the last 4 or so years are wicked cheap.. if it doesn't cost under $100 and even that's a stretch they aren't interested..

for example and they want a set of headers that may still fetch $300ish give or take for like $50..

building and then moving on is one thing.. those people actually put the money up for the parts. i built my stuff had a little fun with it but the overall cost just to have a basically sit for 90% of the year is stupid.

Quote:

Tags
#speedtakestime, #tig welder ftw, i am dissapoint, y u no finish?!