GrandAmGT.com Forum
http://www.pfyc.com GrandAmGT.com Premium Memership Signup
RedlineGoods.com   

Go Back   GrandAmGT.com Forum > GAGT - Modifications - Sponsored by RedlineGoods.com > Member's Car Gallery

Old 11-20-2014, 09:33 AM   #9661
ItsMeScottG
Tech Guy

AKA: Scott
Vehicle: 2005 BMW 330CI ZHP
ItsMeScottG Gettin' there
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronGTR View Post
This looks very familiar to me! Almost exactly like my buddies 2000 323ci that I did a ton of work on.
Yep a fellow e46. Different car all together though, the 2.5l that's in the 323 is nothing like the m54, not to mention the brakes, the suspension, the exterior/interior, and the nice little improvements that the ZHP had. Same platform, different internals

Mines a 2005 so it's a facelift, your friends must be a prefacelift e46. How long has he had his car?

SC/T Spoiler, PFYC Sway SpeedBuilt bars, PFYC SpeedBuilt strut braces, Rear disc brake setup, Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines, red painted calipers, 20% Black Tint, Cat-Back Exhaust, Amber Grille Lighting, Pioneer AVIC-940BT with XM, Live Traffic, & Rear-view Camera, Front Bra, lower bumper grille, Stubby Antenna, Michelin Defender Tires...

My Current vehicle:
2005 BMW 330CI ZHP
ItsMeScottG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 03:57 PM   #9662
AaronGTR
BlingWithBallz

AKA: Aaron
Vehicle: 2000 Grand Am GT1 2dr
AaronGTR has made plenty of valid pointsAaronGTR has made plenty of valid points
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMeScottG View Post
Yep a fellow e46. Different car all together though, the 2.5l that's in the 323 is nothing like the m54, not to mention the brakes, the suspension, the exterior/interior, and the nice little improvements that the ZHP had. Same platform, different internals

Mines a 2005 so it's a facelift, your friends must be a prefacelift e46. How long has he had his car?
He doesn't own it anymore. He sold it a couple years ago and bought a range rover sport. I think he bought it in like '04 though from someone in Georgia. Was a low miles dentists car. The engine bay looked almost exactly like yours. We did put an intake on it though with a different air box. I also helped him do some HID projector headlights with the LED halos, clear/smoked corners, flat black grills, black/CF rondels, a trunk lip spoiler, LED tails, 19" M3 CSL replica wheels, and M3 CSL replica front bumper with a CF lip molded on and paint matched. It was helrot red. Looked pretty nice for a basic coupe and still got good gas mileage. The 19" wheels kept getting bent and leaking air though so he replaced them with some different 18's later.

His engine bay looked almost exactly like yours though, so the engines must have been similar, even if the displacements were different.

Last edited by AaronGTR; 11-20-2014 at 04:00 PM.
AaronGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 04:35 PM   #9663
ItsMeScottG
Tech Guy

Quote:
He doesn't own it anymore. He sold it a couple years ago and bought a range rover sport. I think he bought it in like '04 though from someone in Georgia. Was a low miles dentists car. The engine bay looked almost exactly like yours. We did put an intake on it though with a different air box. I also helped him do some HID projector headlights with the LED halos, clear/smoked corners, flat black grills, black/CF rondels, a trunk lip spoiler, LED tails, 19" M3 CSL replica wheels, and M3 CSL replica front bumper with a CF lip molded on and paint matched. It was helrot red. Looked pretty nice for a basic coupe and still got good gas mileage. The 19" wheels kept getting bent and leaking air though so he replaced them with some different 18's later.

His engine bay looked almost exactly like yours though, so the engines must have been similar, even if the displacements were different.

Yeah well all of BMW's inline6 engines look very simular

The 323 came with a m52 2.5l inline6 and the 325 came wth a better 2.5l inline6 engine, the 330 came with the m54 3.0l inline6 engine, and the 330 ZHP (what I have) came with a tuned m54 3.0l inline 6 engine, and lastly the best of the e46 (the M3) came with an S54 3.2L inline 6 engine.

I love the power band on the inline6's though, you can literally always feel the torque. Butter smooth acceleration etc. These engines are reliable I must say, my car has 152k on it and still runs like it's brand new. Maitinance is costing me quite a bit more than my grand am did but I'm really enjoying the car so I don't mind it.

SC/T Spoiler, PFYC Sway SpeedBuilt bars, PFYC SpeedBuilt strut braces, Rear disc brake setup, Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines, red painted calipers, 20% Black Tint, Cat-Back Exhaust, Amber Grille Lighting, Pioneer AVIC-940BT with XM, Live Traffic, & Rear-view Camera, Front Bra, lower bumper grille, Stubby Antenna, Michelin Defender Tires...

My Current vehicle:
2005 BMW 330CI ZHP
Old 11-21-2014, 08:53 AM   #9664
AaronGTR
BlingWithBallz

AKA: Aaron
Vehicle: 2000 Grand Am GT1 2dr
AaronGTR has made plenty of valid pointsAaronGTR has made plenty of valid points
Yeah, those inline sixes are inherently very smooth engines, and have very good torque curves. He would get an occasional check engine light from a cam position sensor (we replaced it but it still gave issues every now and then), and I had to replace the T-stat housing and coolant tank on it for him. Other than that, the only stuff we had to do on it was basic maintenance... replaced spark plugs, changed trans fluid/filter and diff fluid, brake pads, etc.

The chassis and engine/trans were in really good shape still when he sold it. The only really annoying thing was the interior was coming apart. BMW had some kind of film finish over most of the interior parts like the dash, door panels, speaker grills, etc. that was all peeling off, and there were some trim pieces around the door openings that kept coming loose and falling off. The heat would make the glue fail. The fabric on the head liner was coming off too and billowing in the wind.
AaronGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 10:44 AM   #9665
ItsMeScottG
Tech Guy

Quote:
Yeah, those inline sixes are inherently very smooth engines, and have very good torque curves. He would get an occasional check engine light from a cam position sensor (we replaced it but it still gave issues every now and then), and I had to replace the T-stat housing and coolant tank on it for him. Other than that, the only stuff we had to do on it was basic maintenance... replaced spark plugs, changed trans fluid/filter and diff fluid, brake pads, etc.

The chassis and engine/trans were in really good shape still when he sold it. The only really annoying thing was the interior was coming apart. BMW had some kind of film finish over most of the interior parts like the dash, door panels, speaker grills, etc. that was all peeling off, and there were some trim pieces around the door openings that kept coming loose and falling off. The heat would make the glue fail. The fabric on the head liner was coming off too and billowing in the wind.
Yep I've redone 100% of my interior with new genuine parts, car looks brand new. First thing I did to the car was revamp the coolant system. It's been very reliable so far.

My Current vehicle:
2005 BMW 330CI ZHP
Old 11-24-2014, 10:26 AM   #9666
geldartb
With the quickness

AKA: Brendan
Vehicle: 03 Outback H6
geldartb has made plenty of valid pointsgeldartb has made plenty of valid points
and now it's in it's winter form

Quote:
Originally Posted by SikMindz View Post
Well you shouldn't have left your laptop exposed when there was a chance of golden showers...
geldartb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 10:15 AM   #9667
_HeC_
GAGT - Member

AKA: Mike
Vehicle: 2003 Grand Am GT
_HeC_ Gettin' there
Snow melted so been enjoying my swap! Parked next to buddies 4x4 at work

Last edited by _HeC_; 11-25-2014 at 01:50 PM.
_HeC_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 10:31 AM   #9668
TruGreenGAGT
Never Done......

AKA: Jim
Vehicle: 01 Grand Am GT1 Coupe
TruGreenGAGT a trusted member
dam that thing low. what suspension you running?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
Because you were wearing a green shirt, with a green phone cover, a green hat, a green car with green interior with green on the green, a green green that you cleaned with simple green, and it all went with your green.
Quote:
Originally Posted by young gun View Post
Green is like the bat signal. Just type it and Jim's all over it

MY CARDOMAIN
TruGreenGAGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 01:46 PM   #9669
_HeC_
GAGT - Member

_HeC_ Gettin' there
Canucks on stock struts hopefully going lower over winter
Old 11-25-2014, 04:00 PM   #9670
TruGreenGAGT
Never Done......

like lower when the springs settle? or you doing something different?
Quote:
Because you were wearing a green shirt, with a green phone cover, a green hat, a green car with green interior with green on the green, a green green that you cleaned with simple green, and it all went with your green.
Quote:

MY CARDOMAIN
Old 11-25-2014, 05:11 PM   #9671
_HeC_
GAGT - Member

_HeC_ Gettin' there
something different.... Koni yellows with ground control coils and a few other things
Old 11-25-2014, 05:25 PM   #9672
TruGreenGAGT
Never Done......

nice nice, im gunna have to look for some canucks for mine and get new struts I think mine original from 01
Quote:
Quote:

MY CARDOMAIN
Old 11-25-2014, 05:44 PM   #9673
geldartb
With the quickness

geldartb has made plenty of valid pointsgeldartb has made plenty of valid points
went out to get more alcohol and i brought a real camera this time.

Quote:
Well you shouldn't have left your laptop exposed when there was a chance of golden showers...
Old 11-25-2014, 06:06 PM   #9674
xUnderCoverHoBo
GAGT - Member

AKA: Jarrett
Vehicle: 2012 Honda Civic
xUnderCoverHoBo Gettin' there
i now know the struggle of getting drunk and then running out.... late night trips of being dropped at the liquor store. haha

xUnderCoverHoBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 06:07 PM   #9675
xUnderCoverHoBo
GAGT - Member

AKA: Jarrett
Vehicle: 2012 Honda Civic
xUnderCoverHoBo Gettin' there
mike are those plastidipped or painted btw? im guessing plastidip

xUnderCoverHoBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 06:32 PM   #9676
geldartb
With the quickness

Quote:
Originally Posted by xUnderCoverHoBo View Post
i now know the struggle of getting drunk and then running out.... late night trips of being dropped at the liquor store. haha
hadn't even started drinking yet but i figured i might as well clean out the back of my car so it doesn't look like i'm an alcoholic and i really didn't want to go shopping on friday even if it was only to the liquor store..

use to be even better before my friend moved.. he lived in the center of a small town so all we had to do is walk to the liquor store. now that was nice. go for a small walk

Quote:
Old 11-25-2014, 06:38 PM   #9677
_HeC_
GAGT - Member

_HeC_ Gettin' there
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruGreenGAGT View Post
nice nice, im gunna have to look for some canucks for mine and get new struts I think mine original from 01
Mine will be up for grabs some time over the winter as long as my plans work out but shipping across the border usually sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by xUnderCoverHoBo View Post
mike are those plastidipped or painted btw? im guessing plastidip
talking to me about my rims or someone else?
Old 11-25-2014, 06:42 PM   #9678
TruGreenGAGT
Never Done......

whats with the driver door gap on that Subaru??
Quote:
Quote:

MY CARDOMAIN
Old 11-25-2014, 08:03 PM   #9679
geldartb
With the quickness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruGreenGAGT View Post
whats with the driver door gap on that Subaru??
door wasn't closed all the way..

Quote:
Old 11-25-2014, 08:09 PM   #9680
TruGreenGAGT
Never Done......

oh ok makes sense. I was looking at other edges and it looked closed to me
Quote:
Quote:

MY CARDOMAIN

Tags
420yo, badgerbadgerevrywhere, bow2hobo, bye redneckshade, chaos is back nigguh, chaosisapuzzy, dave jimmies rustled, honey bager, i boned yer mum, jimlovesdatgreen, locodouche-is-back, lol@chaosbanned, old age rage, old fart is back, secretagentfaggot, sleepy is a ricer, tanner bein as$y, undercoverpothead