GrandAmGT.com Forum
http://www.pfyc.com GrandAmGT.com Premium Memership Signup
CustomCarGrills.com   

Go Back   GrandAmGT.com Forum > GAGT - Modifications - Sponsored by RedlineGoods.com > All Go (Performance modifications)

Old 10-28-2012, 06:23 PM   #41
tipnitty
Sneezed and Sharted

AKA: Sam
Vehicle: 98 T/A WS6,14 Ram Hemi
tipnitty has made plenty of valid pointstipnitty has made plenty of valid points
Send a message via AIM to tipnitty Send a message via Yahoo to tipnitty
Aha. I knew your username rang a bell.

1998 Trans Am Ws6 M6
2014 Ram Hemi
tipnitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:57 PM   #42
chris_gt_74
N/A all the way

AKA: Me
Vehicle: 2014 Mustang 3.7
chris_gt_74 Gettin' there
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
Aha. I knew your username rang a bell.

I'd like to ring her bell
Old 10-28-2012, 07:07 PM   #43
TDavis
GAGT - Junkie

AKA: Tanner
Vehicle: 2000 Grand Am SC/T
TDavis a trusted member
Quote:
Originally Posted by korben dallas View Post
Nice hack job! Your hood looks terrible. You know you aren't going to be able to drive that in ANY kind of bad weather right? A good hard rain is going to short out your ignition system.

Also, if you have larger injectors, a tuner, and a caspers AFPR.... WTF are you using a vortech 10:1 pressure riser for?! You are going to jack the pressure up WAY too higher under boost and kill your fuel pump or make your injectors go static. Plus you don't need that much pressure with bigger injectors and only 3psi of boost. Do you even have a WBO2 so you know what your AFR actually is at WOT?

And why is it only making 3psi? You should be able to get way more than that out of an M90. The only point to using an M90 is that the M62 is kind of small for this engine's displacement and is pretty much maxed on air flow around 10psi. An M90 can move 10psi worth of air at a lower rpm and rotor speed so it is more efficient and doesn't make as much heat. If you are only making 3psi... it was a major waste of time. Or are you actually making 10psi? It's not very clear from your post. Regardless, a stock trans isn't going to last long with boost either. If you swapped in a new 4T45e without rebuilding it and upgrading the clutches first, you just wasted a bunch of money. No dyno or time slips... I'd hardly call it a "fast grand am gt". I'm not impressed.

And it's not very clear what you are doing with the NOS... do you mean you are injecting it before the S/C? That is a very bad idea. Those S/C's are not made to run anything through the rotors. Not nitrous, or fuel, or alcohol injection, or anything. You'll wash out the lubricating grease in the needle bearings and burn them up and end up f**king up your rotors and having to get a new core.

I Am doing 10 lb of boost just read for once.. i have a booster fan pushing 3psi in to my intake for A BETTER AFR. i am doing the 10/1 is because i am running e85 right now an for some reason because of the california emission **** on the car. its not really letting me tune up my fuel for some reason i am just bi passing it with the 10/1 basically tell i figure it out. iam still runing a little lean too
Why did you just repeat what Aaron said? Theres a quote button for a reason.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:33 PM   #44
DrFabulous
FIGJAM

AKA: Matt
Vehicle: 2015 Tahoe
DrFabulous has made plenty of valid pointsDrFabulous has made plenty of valid points
Quote:
Originally Posted by geldartb View Post
haha i remember that and both the threads about your cars and their infatuation with getting rammed from behind.

wasn't that your SE that got mowed down by construction equip. that blueish colored one you had.
Yup, both my GA's got rear-ended. I had a navy blue SE and a black GT, both coupes.

'05 Honda CR-V
100% stock
'15 Chevrolet Tahoe
100% stock
DrFabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:35 PM   #45
geldartb
With the quickness

AKA: Brendan
Vehicle: 03 Outback H6
geldartb has made plenty of valid pointsgeldartb has made plenty of valid points
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFabulous View Post
Yup, both my GA's got rear-ended. I had a navy blue SE and a black GT, both coupes.

had to retrace my memory. found the thread for the black one but the blue one i couldn't find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SikMindz View Post
Well you shouldn't have left your laptop exposed when there was a chance of golden showers...
geldartb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:02 PM   #46
sleepyalero
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂

AKA: Nathan
Vehicle: 2001 olds alero GLS
sleepyalero a trusted member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDavis View Post
Why did you just repeat what Aaron said? Theres a quote button for a reason.
i wondered that too, but then realized the last paragraph was his reply to all of that, he doesnt know the site to well yet it seems..

2012 BMW S1000RR, full exhaust, BRENTUNE, power commander 5, dyno tune, 198WHP.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:43 PM   #47
DrFabulous
FIGJAM

DrFabulous has made plenty of valid pointsDrFabulous has made plenty of valid points
Quote:
had to retrace my memory. found the thread for the black one but the blue one i couldn't find.
Goodbye Grand Am?

It got bumped several times over the years

'05 Honda CR-V
100% stock
'15 Chevrolet Tahoe
100% stock

Last edited by DrFabulous; 10-28-2012 at 08:48 PM.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:00 PM   #48
AaronGTR
BlingWithBallz

AKA: Aaron
Vehicle: 2000 Grand Am GT1 2dr
AaronGTR has made plenty of valid pointsAaronGTR has made plenty of valid points
Quote:
I Am doing 10 lb of boost just read for once.. i have a booster fan pushing 3psi in to my intake for A BETTER AFR. i am doing the 10/1 is because i am running e85 right now an for some reason because of the california emission **** on the car. its not really letting me tune up my fuel for some reason i am just bi passing it with the 10/1 basically tell i figure it out. iam still runing a little lean too

Wow, just wow..... you really don't know what you are doing at all, do you?

First off, putting some kind of electric blower or something in your intake (I'm assuming that's what you've done) won't do jack **** to change your AFR. They are a gimmick. In fact, if your blower can make 10 psi, putting that thing in the intake is just going to make a restriction to your blower being able to pull in more air.

Second, you don't have any idea what your AFR is or if you are running rich or lean unless you have a WBO2 sensor installed.

Third, california emissions won't have any affect on your ability to increase fuel using your tuner. All it is, is an air injection system for the exhaust, and since you are in Colorado you should be able to just remove the system. You'll want to ditch all that equipment anyway since you won't be able to use it with the headers you mentioned, and you'll definitely want the headers since stock exhaust manifolds cause a restriction with boost.

Fourth, the reason you can't seem to add enough fuel is because you are running E85. You are a moron for even trying without reading up on it and properly modifying your car. You can't just put E85 in a car not designed for it and expect it to run properly. E85 is higher octane and more detonation resistant, but it has less energy than gasoline and must run at a richer AFR for a proper burn. Your fuel system needs to be upgraded with a larger pump and much larger injectors to handle the flow requirements. You need about 40-50% more capacity than your stock system, plus extra for any power increase you plan. That's why you are running lean.

Also E85 is more corrosive than gasoline and the stock pump, lines, injectors, etc are not made to handle E85. You can run it for a little while, but they will fail faster.

I highly suggest you STOP modifying your car until you learn what you are doing. Otherwise you are just going to destroy it and waste all your money.
AaronGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:16 PM   #49
[ChaosweaveR]
So that's Vtec...

AKA: Chris
Vehicle: 15 Honda Accord Sport
[ChaosweaveR] has made plenty of valid points[ChaosweaveR] has made plenty of valid points
Send a message via AIM to [ChaosweaveR]
Aaron, don't bother. Let him grenade the engine, we need some lulz.

2015 Honda Accord Sport Sedan: K24W
2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES: 4G64
[ChaosweaveR] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:25 PM   #50
DrFabulous
FIGJAM

'05 Honda CR-V
100% stock
'15 Chevrolet Tahoe
100% stock

Last edited by DrFabulous; 10-29-2012 at 06:05 AM.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:47 PM   #51
3800L67GAM
PostingLike An L32SC

AKA: ERIC
Vehicle: 99 grand am se black
3800L67GAM Still kinda new, but learning
Quote:
Shut up, all of you. Stop ruining every single thread. I know, I know, I've participated before, but it's starting to become every damn thread that turns into this BS.
That's very true people just think they can get away with talking down to others on the Internet wish there were nice people here on this website.
3800L67GAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:04 AM   #52
DrFabulous
FIGJAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3800L67GAM View Post
That's very true people just think they can get away with talking down to others on the Internet wish there were nice people here on this website.
Don't act like you're above everyone else... the blame rests with you as well.

'05 Honda CR-V
100% stock
'15 Chevrolet Tahoe
100% stock
Old 10-29-2012, 06:32 AM   #53
sleepyalero
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂

you wanna stop ruining threads yet your still ruining this one. the lulz on this site sometimes is just amazing.

but i also agree with your statment. i think its just cause the older guys know it all, and when new comers come and see bullsh!t they get pissed because everyone already thinks this community is a joke.

Old 10-29-2012, 06:54 AM   #54
DrFabulous
FIGJAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
you wanna stop ruining threads yet your still ruining this one. the lulz on this site sometimes is just amazing.
What I'm opposed to is the "you suck "no YOU suck" "your mom sucks" BS that happens around here... I understand that threads derail, and that there is a time and a place to discuss legit issues among people here, but to have every single thread turn into this crap is annoying.

Now, back to the OP making claims about his car and everyone else tearing him apart.

'05 Honda CR-V
100% stock
'15 Chevrolet Tahoe
100% stock
Old 10-29-2012, 06:58 AM   #55
TDavis
GAGT - Junkie

TDavis a trusted member
I understand we should be civilized from time to time but if you don't want completely any BS go to GAOC.

Tags will never get old though.

Last edited by TDavis; 10-29-2012 at 07:08 AM.
TDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:49 AM   #56
sleepyalero
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDavis View Post
I understand we should be civilized from time to time but if you don't want completely any BS go to GAOC.

Tags will never get old though.
agreed.

Old 10-29-2012, 08:00 AM   #57
sleepyalero
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂

Quote:
- M90 Supercharger "Gen.3" 10 lb of boost
- 10/1 vortec-h fuel regulator.
- 36lb injectors
- Casper fuel pressure regulator
- 85mm throttle body off a corvette.
- 85mm mass air flow.
- 55 shot
- 10 LB NOS bottle with heat pad.
- 3in exhaust pipe
- Headers flat black installing soon .
- HP tuner. tuned
- Running a efi tune on it now too.
- Gutted interior.
- Flat black stock rims. look nice!
- Supercharger fan. Pushes like 3 lb of boost off the fan. Its set up to fire with the NOS right in to my filter.

I will be posting more pics soon just got her running good. Doing 10 lb of boost just got a new trans in a 4t45e only had 250 miles on it.
- The 85mm TB bolted right up?
- So you're running a dry shot, thats the worst for the motor, I would suggest a wet kit, or direct import. (Direct import is the "safest" for the motor)

- No internal mods done, at all?
- What headers?
- Gutted interior... kinda sound like me, i took my back seats out.
- Why didn't you just get a 4T65E transmission? Unless you have that 4T45E tuned WELL, its probably not going to last you long.

- I mean, how much did you pay for this set up? I hope you know you could have gone with the supercharger kit that was made for the car, without cutting that hole in your hood, yet theres only a certain amount floating around this site and some others, and also a pretty penny.

- *ALSO* I wouldn't even want to leave that car outside... one night some a$shole is gonna see that and cut your belt, and unbolt that S/C in a matter of mins. If they want it, they will take it. I hope you park it in the garage... I wouldnt even want that out in the rain or snow, but hey my car never sees that anyway! and i dont have a s/c sticking out the top. she only comes out on clear days. other then that, shes in the garage.

Last edited by sleepyalero; 10-29-2012 at 08:06 AM.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:06 AM   #58
geldartb
With the quickness

AKA: Brendan
Vehicle: 03 Outback H6
geldartb has made plenty of valid pointsgeldartb has made plenty of valid points
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
- Gutted interior... kinda sound like me, i took my back seats out.
yeah like that is going to save a whole bunch of weight.

Quote:
Goodbye Grand Am?

It got bumped several times over the years
might have overlooked that thread. just did a quick scanning. that's what mine looked like after an old lady in a subaru going like 60 decided she like the a$$ end of my car better than me(keep in mind i was at a dead stop). but the impact was more concentrated on the drivers side and middle of the rear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SikMindz View Post
Well you shouldn't have left your laptop exposed when there was a chance of golden showers...

Last edited by geldartb; 10-29-2012 at 08:08 AM.
geldartb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:09 AM   #59
TDavis
GAGT - Junkie

TDavis a trusted member
Quote:
yeah like that is going to save a whole bunch of weight.
Back seats actually weigh a decent amount. Or I guess that depends on the car. Either way, its saving something. I mean, look at the people getting carbon fiber mirrors, door handles, and spoilers etc. just to save that extra little to get another tenth off their 1/4 mile time.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:27 AM   #60
sleepyalero
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂

yeah man, plus i used to go to car meets, and ALL my friends wanted to ride with me, so i had me and 4 other people always riding in my car, which was another like.. 700 lbs added to the cars weight with me in it.... it was just annoying and hated having all those people in the car, so i took out the back seats so no one can ride in it. (and also save that little amount of weight) plus now thats its just metal back there, its a parts area now for if i gotta pick up parts so im not tearing up my driver and passanger seat or anything like that. works quite well, and will most likely never have them back in again.