GrandAmGT.com Forum
http://www.pfyc.com GrandAmGT.com Premium Memership Signup
RedlineGoods.com   

Go Back   GrandAmGT.com Forum > GAGT - Classifieds - Sponsored by www.RotorsOnline.com > Stuff Wanted

Old 02-13-2017, 11:22 PM   #1
O1GAGT
GAGT - Senior Member

AKA: Phil
Vehicle: 2001 Grand Am GT Coupe
O1GAGT Gettin' there
Wanted: 3400 Headers + 65mm TB

Getting back in the game with a clean 2000 Malibu.
Looking for a set of 3400 headers and TCE 65mm throttle body.

Let me know what you have.
"The world's best cam combined with a poor set of heads will produce an engine that's a dog. But bolt on a set of great heads even with a poor cam, and that engine will still make great power." ~John Lingenfelter
O1GAGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 09:10 AM   #2
mfuller
Mr. Common Sense

AKA: Matt
Vehicle: 2000 Alero GLS sedan
mfuller a trusted member
I am willing to part with my MMS headers for the right price.
They have also been coated by Swaintech (their White Lightning ceramic coating).
Built 3400/3500 V6 hybrid, Quaife LSD-equipped F40, AP Racing brakes, and a partridge in a pear tree.
Click here to see my Wheelwell profile
mfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 12:05 PM   #3
sleepyalero
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂

AKA: Nathan
Vehicle: 2001 olds alero GLS
sleepyalero a trusted member
Ill sell you mms headers and a TCE 65mm throttle body, but i gotta sell the whole car. 6 speed manual swapped too.

2012 BMW S1000RR, full exhaust, power commander 5, dyno tune, 190WHP.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 12:18 PM   #4
mfuller
Mr. Common Sense

AKA: Matt
Vehicle: 2000 Alero GLS sedan
mfuller a trusted member
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
Ill sell you mms headers and a TCE 65mm throttle body, but i gotta sell the whole car. 6 speed manual swapped too.
I thought you had it sold???
Did the buyer fall through?
Built 3400/3500 V6 hybrid, Quaife LSD-equipped F40, AP Racing brakes, and a partridge in a pear tree.
Click here to see my Wheelwell profile
mfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 07:08 PM   #5
O1GAGT
GAGT - Senior Member

O1GAGT Gettin' there
Thanks for the offers, not looking to buy another car or spend $700+ on this project. Looking for a set of TOG or S&S for a reasonable price.

As dumb as it may sound, I am considering building a 3100 block with 2.8l crank, 3400 heads and LIM and 3500 upper.
"The world's best cam combined with a poor set of heads will produce an engine that's a dog. But bolt on a set of great heads even with a poor cam, and that engine will still make great power." ~John Lingenfelter
Old 02-14-2017, 07:33 PM   #6
tw0123
osv in progress

AKA: Tim
Vehicle: 2002 Alero
tw0123 Gettin' there
If you can find a set of togs or s&s you're still looking around $500...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 07:33 PM   #7
Madness10
GAGT - Member

AKA: Matthew
Vehicle: 2003 Grand Am SE1
Madness10 Gettin' there
Quote:
Originally Posted by O1GAGT View Post
Thanks for the offers, not looking to buy another car or spend $700+ on this project. Looking for a set of TOG or S&S for a reasonable price.

As dumb as it may sound, I am considering building a 3100 block with 2.8l crank, 3400 heads and LIM and 3500 upper.
I know JP has some togs for sale for 500+ shipping. He goes by truegreen on here.
Madness10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 07:51 PM   #8
sleepyalero
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfuller View Post
I thought you had it sold???
Did the buyer fall through?
Hell no, so many cheap bastards in the n-body game nowadays. Nobody can afford sht! I got my car priced for a fkn steal and everyone stilll cheap as hell.

Old 02-17-2017, 06:56 AM   #9
geldartb
With the quickness

AKA: Brendan
Vehicle: 03 Outback H6
geldartb has made plenty of valid pointsgeldartb has made plenty of valid points
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
Hell no, so many cheap bastards in the n-body game nowadays. Nobody can afford sht! I got my car priced for a fkn steal and everyone stilll cheap as hell.
welcome to my world before brandon came along. seriously if he didn't buy it a scrapyard would have given me $200 for it.

seriously people that own these things now are cheap as hell, and the ones that have owned them for awhile already have the parts your trying to sell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SikMindz View Post
Well you shouldn't have left your laptop exposed when there was a chance of golden showers...
geldartb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 08:44 PM   #10
gregraisbeck
GAGT - Member

AKA: Greg
Vehicle: '05 SC/T
gregraisbeck Gettin' there
That's the boat im in. I can buy it and pay the price bit i dont need the car or anything on it.
I told sleepy I would house it til he wants it back and we all know he will. I missed my first GA so much I bought another and began building again. I drive an infiniti g37x all week but still come back to the GA for some fun sporty driving.
In my opinion, sleepy should keep the car cuz he will regret it and all these cheap offers are a sign he should keep it.
Custom Air Suspension...in progress and being difficult

Can't wait to get my GA moving again
gregraisbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 10:23 PM   #11
O1GAGT
GAGT - Senior Member

O1GAGT Gettin' there
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregraisbeck View Post
That's the boat im in. I can buy it and pay the price bit i dont need the car or anything on it.
I told sleepy I would house it til he wants it back and we all know he will. I missed my first GA so much I bought another and began building again. I drive an infiniti g37x all week but still come back to the GA for some fun sporty driving.
In my opinion, sleepy should keep the car cuz he will regret it and all these cheap offers are a sign he should keep it.
Kind of the boat that I am in as well, I sold the two grand am's that I had. Then I picked up a Malibu that had tons of stuff done to it, sold most of the parts off of it and dropped a junkyard motor in it. I was planning to sell it after a few minor fixes, but life happened with second baby and move. I recently looked at blue book values and said **** it, it is too nice of a car to sell for $1500. I picked up the billet trans mount that Phantom was selling and figured I would look for a set of headers and throttle body. No big deal if I can find them for a reasonable price, as I am not going to let this car become a money pit. At most I will build up a cheap oddball motor with eBay,Craigslist and Junkyard parts and cam regrind.
Old 02-18-2017, 06:51 AM   #12
geldartb
With the quickness

AKA: Brendan
Vehicle: 03 Outback H6
geldartb has made plenty of valid pointsgeldartb has made plenty of valid points
Quote:
I missed my first GA so much I bought another and began building again.
i mean don't get me wrong i miss the way mine sounded and winding it out to almost 7k it sure did sound nice, but in no way shape or form would i buy another and do that whole process again..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SikMindz View Post
Well you shouldn't have left your laptop exposed when there was a chance of golden showers...
geldartb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 09:42 AM   #13
sleepyalero
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂

Quote:
Originally Posted by geldartb View Post
welcome to my world before brandon came along. seriously if he didn't buy it a scrapyard would have given me $200 for it.

seriously people that own these things now are cheap as hell, and the ones that have owned them for awhile already have the parts your trying to sell.
Yeah, most parts would sell pretty easy id say on the fb groups, the 6 speed components would be a task.

Quote:

Sorry, not the case. You would buy the car and you would be stuck with it. Ive came to terms with it being gone, and thats what i want. Dont want to waste my money in the car anymore. Its time for someone else to take care of/enjoy it. Im done. I like my motorcycle to much, and i fix cars 40-48 hours a week, so cars are far less enjoyable for me.

Old 02-22-2017, 10:48 AM   #14
G.I.Ceo
Skinny Wolfe

AKA: Randy
Vehicle: 2002 Grand Am Gt
G.I.Ceo Gettin' there
I have a TCE 65mm TB I might part with for the right price. I have an entire turbo kit to that I ran for 4 years before I threw a rod.

Garrett GT35 / Turbo Headers / 2.5" high flow DP / Custom SLP Exhaust / Ported 3500 Heads / Ported 3500 UIM/LIM / 65mm TB / Turbonetics Evolution WG / Greddy Type-RS BOV / Casper Adjustable FPR / Casper High Speed Fan Switch / Speedbuilt F/R STB's / Next Level F/R Sway bars / Eibach Springs / Dual Gauge Pod with Aeroforce Gauges /
DDM 5000K HID's / Big Four Upgrade / HP Tuners and more!

"Living is doing everything you want to do and dying is everything else"
G.I.Ceo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 10:07 PM   #15
3400cavyhatch
GAGT - Member

AKA: Scott
Vehicle: 84 Cavalier Type 10
3400cavyhatch Gettin' there
If you are trying to keep it a budget build why not go with the lx5 TB? I have a couple of them for sale if you want one, also have a 2.8 crank that I was planning on doing the same thing with, that I will let go of as well. I have some 3500 plenums too!
2002 GAGT 3500 swap
3400cavyhatch is offline   Reply With Quote