GrandAmGT.com Forum
http://www.pfyc.com GrandAmGT.com Premium Memership Signup
MilzyMotorsports.com   

Go Back   GrandAmGT.com Forum > GAGT - Modifications - Sponsored by RedlineGoods.com > Member's Car Gallery

Old 12-22-2011, 05:24 PM   #101
AaronGTR
BlingWithBallz

AKA: Aaron
Vehicle: 2000 Grand Am GT1 2dr
AaronGTR has made plenty of valid pointsAaronGTR has made plenty of valid points
Oh god... water spots are THE WORST! Place I used to work at had an irrigation system on a well, and the water was very hard, and it would come on in the early morning while my car (the dark green GP) was there. It would sit out in the sun all day and get baked into my paint. You could wash it over and over and never get it out. Only way to remove it was with polish and a buffer.
AaronGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 05:41 PM   #102
[ChaosweaveR]
So that's Vtec...

AKA: Chris
Vehicle: 15 Honda Accord Sport
[ChaosweaveR] has made plenty of valid points[ChaosweaveR] has made plenty of valid points
Send a message via AIM to [ChaosweaveR]
Yep, it sucks. My car still has stains from the sprinklers. Needs a damn good detail, still.

2015 Honda Accord Sport Sedan: K24W
2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES: 4G64
[ChaosweaveR] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 05:51 PM   #103
icecats87
GAGT - Member

AKA: Dylan
Vehicle: 2001 Grand Am Gt
icecats87 Gettin' there
Mods: projectors with HIDS,tinted tails,painted black rims,slotted/drilled rotors,touchscreen HU,subs,painted interior,interior lights are blue l.e.ds,cold air intake,mpracing PCM flowmaster 80 muffler, highflow cat,
Future mods:Mustangs on hold for a while, so possible 3400/3500 hybrid build, or straight up 3500 swap, then in the future future a turbo set up
icecats87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 06:34 PM   #104
street_fire
GAGT - Member

AKA: Ryan
Vehicle: 99 SC/T, 99 Dakota R/T
street_fire Gettin' there
Quote:
Originally Posted by icecats87 View Post
Lol i guess u pissed off mother nature. Welcome back haven't seen u in a while on here.
/`/'' ''/` `:-- `--: `\'' ''\`\
/''/ / ///\`. ' ' . /\ \ \//
street_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 06:59 PM   #105
[ChaosweaveR]
So that's Vtec...

AKA: Chris
Vehicle: 15 Honda Accord Sport
[ChaosweaveR] has made plenty of valid points[ChaosweaveR] has made plenty of valid points
Send a message via AIM to [ChaosweaveR]
Keep your snow.

2015 Honda Accord Sport Sedan: K24W
2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES: 4G64
[ChaosweaveR] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:18 PM   #106
2000 GT Coupe
Made the move :D

AKA: Gene
Vehicle: 00 Grand Am GT1 Coupe
2000 GT Coupe Gettin' there
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC/T02 View Post
The 301 was not strong enough for the 2nd gen. I mean it got the job done, but the extra 100 cubes in the 400 helped the car out more. The 400 in 1977 was only 220 HP but a massive 360 Lbs of tq. With the ture duals, full exhaust system, mild cam, smog gear smog gear removed its now 465RWHP. Just goes to show how little you need ot do to get them to run like a top. With the 4th gear, cruising at 75MPH I am getting 21MPG highway which I don't see as bad for anything built in that era.

You may think I am crazy, but a buddy of mine hunted down a rare Grand Am/Lemans/GTO basically. In 1977 there was a car called the Can Am. TA shaker and engine, Lemans body, Grand prix dash and center console, and custom body parts. Not so attractive all around, but rare. 1 car has the hard to come by 403 Olds engine (only 42 made) the other has the Sunroof and a ton of options which is also rare. Only 1350 built before the mold to the spoiler broke and GM did not allow the company time to fix it. Just shut down the project. The Can Am registry says less then 250 are still on the road today.

I was given a contact to a guy who has 2 for sale. He is going to work me out a great deal. Needs restored, and has rust on the back side. Surface only. In good shape the cars go for about 15K, the rare optioned ones like at Volo auto museum has, go for about 30K. Poor condition around $7000. This guy is willing to sell me one of 4 known 403 cars left, and the other with the metal power sunroof for $3500. Not sure that I can turn it down. Another $500 to ship or so, I am still looking pretty good.

Here is the car. Just to have something rare from yesteryear

And the ones I am looking at. Notice the rust on the front fender of the far one. He said a deer hit him with the car parked in the driveway. Killed the deer.

Does not look too far gone. I think I can bring them both back. Or maybe turn one to fund the other? Not sold on the idea of two resto projects at once. But I do know the engines and trans inside and out.
I completely agree the 301 seemed a joke, though a turbo version had to been better then a friend of mines N/A version.
I had a 72 catalina with the 400 that was a hell of a engine I drove a guys 76 T/A also with the 400 and the much lighter body really moved well with that power plant.

As to the Can-am I seen them did not realize they were not normal I got to admit I did not get a good look at any just from a distance seen one.
I like the 403 olds what was the other engine options? besides the 6.6/400 obviously.
Sorry for the thread change but these older cars are always very interesting.
MP Racing CAI and tuned PCM
LED tails Projector's with HID's
Lowered
18" Rims
Aftermarket front and rear anti-sway bars
2000 GT Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:21 PM   #107
SC/T02
Old School Pontiac

AKA: Adam
Vehicle: '99 30th TA/08-09 G8
SC/T02 Gettin' there
Send a message via AIM to SC/T02
Here is my original Knight Rider Car. It was used in the production of the show. You see the camera tow hook on the front for filming. I sold it back in '09 to the guy you see sitting in the seat. He always wanted a real one, and not a kit car of KITT.

It was a last minute decision to sell it. Sorry for the crude sign in the picture.

As far as the 301 Turbo, it was the first American production Turbo V8 ever. So it has a lot of history to it. I like them, just not a power house at all.

The non turbo 80-81 TA's were 305s which were used till '92 as an option. The last 305 with the 4BBL ended in the TA in '85 though. the only other TA option was the 301 Turbo. Neat concept. Power for that time frame etc. But nothing too amazing.

The only options for the Can Am were the 400, and 403. And only the 3 speed TH400 transmission.

www.TheAutoNation.org
SC/T02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:25 PM   #108
bricooper78
Dammit Sleepy

AKA: Cooper
Vehicle: 03 Sierra Z71
bricooper78 has made plenty of valid pointsbricooper78 has made plenty of valid points
dude.
that is massive. you are now my hero. i hope you are ready for the amount of leg humping i'm going to do

but, without looking it up, your car was one of the "pursuit" cars, right? i haven't seen that show since i was a kid, but the stalk things by the steering wheel were only there with the wings and stuff out, in the later shows right? or do you know what car it was, or was supposed to be, in the show?
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastic_indian View Post
the resulting violent shake at highway speed may cause loss of control, white knuckles, loss of dental fillings, urinary incontinence and sudden religious conversion.
bricooper78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 10:51 AM   #109
icecats87
GAGT - Member

AKA: Dylan
Vehicle: 2001 Grand Am Gt
icecats87 Gettin' there
Quote:
Originally Posted by street_fire View Post
Lol i guess u pissed off mother nature. Welcome back haven't seen u in a while on here.
I guess i did haha forecast said 3-7 inches over got 12+ took good 30 min last night shoveling so i could get out for work this morning. then another 10 this morning, tried 15 min car wouldn't move. so its stuck sitting in front of my house

And yeah I've been realllly busy lately with school work and hockey, haven't really touched the GA since i did the headers. getting ported and polished UIM and LIM soon so thats my winter project
Mods: projectors with HIDS,tinted tails,painted black rims,slotted/drilled rotors,touchscreen HU,subs,painted interior,interior lights are blue l.e.ds,cold air intake,mpracing PCM flowmaster 80 muffler, highflow cat,
Future mods:Mustangs on hold for a while, so possible 3400/3500 hybrid build, or straight up 3500 swap, then in the future future a turbo set up
icecats87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 12:06 PM   #110
SC/T02
Old School Pontiac

SC/T02 Gettin' there
Quote:
Originally Posted by bricooper78 View Post
dude.
that is massive. you are now my hero. i hope you are ready for the amount of leg humping i'm going to do

but, without looking it up, your car was one of the "pursuit" cars, right? i haven't seen that show since i was a kid, but the stalk things by the steering wheel were only there with the wings and stuff out, in the later shows right? or do you know what car it was, or was supposed to be, in the show?
It was used in '84 before they changed up the dash a bunch. Super pursuit mode was in that same cluster. But was not on the show till 1985. Those are the original TVs in the dash. It was the year that they added a "car phone" in the ride. That mount up front could ave a camera man mounted to it, to film through the window and not sitr up dust from a car in front of it filming.

The tow hook front was the cars they let go off the tractor trailer in motion. Only thing I added was a 125 shot of Nitrous. Attached it to the "Turbo Boost" button. Not sure how they rigged it up. Looked pretty stock under the hood, but would run like a raped ape. I figured it would be stock, but I have been in other 82-84 TAs and they had nothing on it.

www.TheAutoNation.org
Old 12-23-2011, 07:50 PM   #111
bricooper78
Dammit Sleepy

bricooper78 has made plenty of valid pointsbricooper78 has made plenty of valid points
you need to post more pics... seriously, i don't care what they are pics of, but if they're that car, i wanna see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gotta go, hafta go take a cold shower!
Quote:
the resulting violent shake at highway speed may cause loss of control, white knuckles, loss of dental fillings, urinary incontinence and sudden religious conversion.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:20 PM   #112
SC/T02
Old School Pontiac

SC/T02 Gettin' there
Few other shots at the Trans Am Nationals

www.TheAutoNation.org
Old 12-23-2011, 08:53 PM   #113
street_fire
GAGT - Member

AKA: Ryan
Vehicle: 99 SC/T, 99 Dakota R/T
street_fire Gettin' there
Gotta ask. Have u ever owned a boring/non fun car???
/`/'' ''/` `:-- `--: `\'' ''\`\
/''/ / ///\`. ' ' . /\ \ \//
street_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 10:19 PM   #114
bricooper78
Dammit Sleepy

my god, i've died and gone to what i'm pretty sure is heaven... circa me being 7 years old
Quote:
Old 12-24-2011, 11:05 AM   #115
burgett2103
Sounds for Dayzzz

AKA: Nick
Vehicle: 03 GAGT/98 Chevy 1500
burgett2103 Gettin' there
Quote:
Originally Posted by icecats87 View Post
I guess i did haha forecast said 3-7 inches over got 12+ took good 30 min last night shoveling so i could get out for work this morning. then another 10 this morning, tried 15 min car wouldn't move. so its stuck sitting in front of my house

And yeah I've been realllly busy lately with school work and hockey, haven't really touched the GA since i did the headers. getting ported and polished UIM and LIM soon so thats my winter project
I was in Westminster all last week. I think Wednesday night is when all the snow came and wake up Thursday and we had about 10 or so inches.

2010 Silverado - Blew Ballz
burgett2103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:10 PM   #116
SC/T02
Old School Pontiac

SC/T02 Gettin' there
Quote:
Originally Posted by street_fire View Post
Gotta ask. Have u ever owned a boring/non fun car???
I have had a few. I had a company car I could not mess with. Had a Fiero with a 5 speed 4 cylinder (2.5L iron duke). Which I replaced with a GTP engine, but was boring at first. The GAGT was cosmetic till I got it into the 13s. Still one of the slowest cars I have owned. My wife has a G5 GT. Not much in the way of balls but she likes it. I will get some pics up of my GMC Acadia SLT2. Not too fast, but fun. Have a T3T4 Turbonetics unit to go on it once warranty is up. Should help wake up the AWD giant.

My stock '85 TA had no balls. But was neat to look at. The rest have been quick, but not to everyones taste.

Quote:
my god, i've died and gone to what i'm pretty sure is heaven... circa me being 7 years old
Yeah it is a flash back. My car was used in a movie, driven by John Lovitz called The Benchwarmers. He had a number of rare cars in the movie. I grew up with that show as well. watched re runs in the early 90's as well.

www.TheAutoNation.org
Old 12-24-2011, 06:13 PM   #117
bricooper78
Dammit Sleepy

you let John Lovitz curb check YOUR CAR?????????????????????????????? are you nuts!?!?!?!?!

btw, I love "That's the ticket" Lovitz, but when I saw that scene all I could do was cringe
Quote:
Old 12-24-2011, 09:17 PM   #118
SC/T02
Old School Pontiac

SC/T02 Gettin' there
Quote:
you let John Lovitz curb check YOUR CAR?????????????????????????????? are you nuts!?!?!?!?!

btw, I love "That's the ticket" Lovitz, but when I saw that scene all I could do was cringe
All added. Skid plate was attached to the bottom marks for the stunts that were originally on the car. making 0 damage. CGI is cool too in order to keep it looking major, with only minor moves. I would not let them just damage a car like that.

www.TheAutoNation.org
Old 12-24-2011, 11:11 PM   #119
bricooper78
Dammit Sleepy

i would hope not, sure looked bad tho.

i'm still fighting off the urge to ask for an autographed pic of your car but no seriously i think i would take that.

this, is my Graceland sir!

(i hope somebody gets the reference...Finkel)
Quote:
Old 12-24-2011, 11:13 PM   #120
bricooper78
Dammit Sleepy

are any of the "bad" cars still around? was it KARR, or something like that, think it had a yellow swooshie light thing, and it was grey?

(fwiw, i refuse to google this, ima trust my brain here)
Quote:

Tags
420yo, badgerbadgerevrywhere, bow2hobo, bye redneckshade, chaos is back nigguh, chaosisapuzzy, dave jimmies rustled, honey bager, i boned yer mum, jimlovesdatgreen, locodouche-is-back, lol@chaosbanned, old age rage, old fart is back, secretagentfaggot, sleepy is a ricer, tanner bein as$y, undercoverpothead