GrandAmGT.com Forum
http://www.pfyc.com GrandAmGT.com Premium Memership Signup
CustomCarGrills.com   

Go Back   GrandAmGT.com Forum > GAGT - Modifications - Sponsored by RedlineGoods.com > Member's Car Gallery

Old 12-21-2011, 12:22 AM   #81
[ChaosweaveR]
So that's Vtec...

AKA: Chris
Vehicle: 15 Honda Accord Sport
[ChaosweaveR] has made plenty of valid points[ChaosweaveR] has made plenty of valid points
Send a message via AIM to [ChaosweaveR]
For a DD, my GA is rather tidy underneath. But I'm not gonna detail it's underside.

2015 Honda Accord Sport Sedan: K24W
2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES: 4G64
[ChaosweaveR] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 01:08 AM   #82
Jake
BRAAAPPP

AKA: Jake
Vehicle: Hellcat Challenger
Jake a trusted member
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 01:18 AM   #83
[ChaosweaveR]
So that's Vtec...

[ChaosweaveR] has made plenty of valid points[ChaosweaveR] has made plenty of valid points
I thought you sold the F-body?

Old 12-21-2011, 01:48 AM   #84
Jake
BRAAAPPP

AKA: Jake
Vehicle: Hellcat Challenger
Jake a trusted member
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ChaosweaveR] View Post
I thought you sold the F-body?
Hellz naw
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:22 AM   #85
H.O. Driver
I drive a V6 H.O.

AKA: Timmah!
Vehicle: 99 GT, 03 DTS, 04 SRX
H.O. Driver has made plenty of valid pointsH.O. Driver has made plenty of valid points
Send a message via AIM to H.O. Driver Send a message via MSN to H.O. Driver Send a message via Yahoo to H.O. Driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by street_fire View Post
The sides r off already. The front lip is still on cuz I haven't had the time to take it off. The rear is staying on I think. I won't hurt anything I think, but take it off to
The one winter I had to drive the SC/T Kit in the snow i just took off the front lip and left everything else on. The rear builds up with snow/slush really fast and I had it freeze to the wires to the lower reverse lights and rip the wires out. If you can park it in a garage where the snow will melt out of there at night you will be fine, but be ready to dig lots of snow out of the back. Even without the SC/T kit on the car it built up lots of snow in the rear fascia when I had to drive it in the winter.
2003 Cadillac DTS - Gangsta Grandpa car - Gone
2004 Cadillac SRX - Baby hauler -Sold and missing it

Life is too short to drive boring cars....why is that all I have now??????
H.O. Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 01:10 PM   #86
street_fire
GAGT - Member

AKA: Ryan
Vehicle: 99 SC/T, 99 Dakota R/T
street_fire Gettin' there
Happy now??? it's nice out side and nothin to do

/`/'' ''/` `:-- `--: `\'' ''\`\
/''/ / ///\`. ' ' . /\ \ \//
street_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 04:03 PM   #87
sleepyalero
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂

AKA: Nathan
Vehicle: 2001 olds alero GLS
sleepyalero a trusted member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
take the black grill out on the front so its all white. my buddy did that to his. nice z28 though looks good, SLP LM1 would go good with that car if you dont already have it.

2012 BMW S1000RR, full exhaust, BRENTUNE, power commander 5, dyno tune, 198WHP.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 04:18 PM   #88
01GrandAmGt75annv.
GAGT - Member

AKA: Jon
Vehicle: 01 GAGT,95k1500 Z71
01GrandAmGt75annv. Gettin' there
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC/T02 View Post
Stick with it bud! You will get that sh!t done!!! I love the TA. I have 5 other cars I call "fun" and then the 2 "needed" cars (wife wanted a little put around car, so I got the G5 GT. She said it looked too much like a boy car so I swapped out the bumpers and such for the base. Then I have a baller 2011 GMC Acadia Denali, with factory chrome 20s, chrome on the mirrors, running boards, tail gate... I have added air ride to it so it rides like a champ. Selling my '86 Fiero GT if anyone is interested. LS7 in back, with GM hot cam procharger and some other goodies pushing out 1,018 RWHP. Traction limited, currently runs 9.50s. Looking for 16K.

I like cars, and the wife likes that I have a 'Hobby'. I have over 5500 HP sitting in my Garages. Will build on that!

I went to the wonderful UGA. Go Dawgs! Ended up moving with work and graduating from The Ohio State. Not so proud of that.

This is a true story. Though, i thought it was pretty funny when looking at pictures. I am crazy about detail work. To a fault. I love having a lift to get the underside clean. Any painted surfaces under the car have been clearcoated and get waxed with a full under carriage cleaning 2 times a year. I take off all factory pieces under the car and powder coat them, thn pop it into my oven to bake them. So 0 rust, even on the raw parts that are expected to get surface rust. I even powder coat the bolts to hold the parts back in place. It pays down the road when i don't ever have to deal with floor pan rust or anything. I could show you pictures of my 1977 SE Y82 Bandit Edition 400 4 speed Trans Am that would make your jaw drop. You would think the car has never been sat in, and I have 95,000 miles on it.

You got me drooling over that Bandit Car!! eeeeeeek.. Now that is one car I wouldn't mind driving around, Would be better if I could find a Real Bandit car that was used in first and second movies!! then again I would want General 1 ' the dukes of hazzard ' car!! Btw, It'll be at the Barret Jackson Car Show in Jan. I so wish I had a few million dollars to buy General 1.
01GrandAmGt75annv. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 05:38 PM   #89
SC/T02
Old School Pontiac

AKA: Adam
Vehicle: '99 30th TA/08-09 G8
SC/T02 Gettin' there
Send a message via AIM to SC/T02
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01GrandAmGt75annv. View Post
You got me drooling over that Bandit Car!! eeeeeeek.. Now that is one car I wouldn't mind driving around, Would be better if I could find a Real Bandit car that was used in first and second movies!! then again I would want General 1 ' the dukes of hazzard ' car!! Btw, It'll be at the Barret Jackson Car Show in Jan. I so wish I had a few million dollars to buy General 1.
Here are a few pics from 2 months ago. I like the General Lee as well.
The only under car shot with good enough light. Not real clean looking here, but not 100k looking either

Getting ready for "the Bandit Run" with a few friends

While at the Shop North of Orlando. At the STARS event (Southern Trans Am Regionals Show)

How she looked after 800 mile trip at a buddies speed shop

www.TheAutoNation.org
SC/T02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 06:11 PM   #90
01GrandAmGt75annv.
GAGT - Member

here ya go, Adam.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/appli...&aid=443&pop=0
Old 12-21-2011, 06:35 PM   #91
street_fire
GAGT - Member

I want ur T/A :
Old 12-21-2011, 07:14 PM   #92
SC/T02
Old School Pontiac

AKA: Adam
Vehicle: '99 30th TA/08-09 G8
SC/T02 Gettin' there
Send a message via AIM to SC/T02
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01GrandAmGt75annv. View Post
The 301 was not strong enough for the 2nd gen. I mean it got the job done, but the extra 100 cubes in the 400 helped the car out more. The 400 in 1977 was only 220 HP but a massive 360 Lbs of tq. With the ture duals, full exhaust system, mild cam, smog gear smog gear removed its now 465RWHP. Just goes to show how little you need ot do to get them to run like a top. With the 4th gear, cruising at 75MPH I am getting 21MPG highway which I don't see as bad for anything built in that era.

You may think I am crazy, but a buddy of mine hunted down a rare Grand Am/Lemans/GTO basically. In 1977 there was a car called the Can Am. TA shaker and engine, Lemans body, Grand prix dash and center console, and custom body parts. Not so attractive all around, but rare. 1 car has the hard to come by 403 Olds engine (only 42 made) the other has the Sunroof and a ton of options which is also rare. Only 1350 built before the mold to the spoiler broke and GM did not allow the company time to fix it. Just shut down the project. The Can Am registry says less then 250 are still on the road today.

I was given a contact to a guy who has 2 for sale. He is going to work me out a great deal. Needs restored, and has rust on the back side. Surface only. In good shape the cars go for about 15K, the rare optioned ones like at Volo auto museum has, go for about 30K. Poor condition around $7000. This guy is willing to sell me one of 4 known 403 cars left, and the other with the metal power sunroof for $3500. Not sure that I can turn it down. Another $500 to ship or so, I am still looking pretty good.

Here is the car. Just to have something rare from yesteryear

And the ones I am looking at. Notice the rust on the front fender of the far one. He said a deer hit him with the car parked in the driveway. Killed the deer.

Does not look too far gone. I think I can bring them both back. Or maybe turn one to fund the other? Not sold on the idea of two resto projects at once. But I do know the engines and trans inside and out.

www.TheAutoNation.org
SC/T02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 11:41 PM   #93
emncfi
GAGT - Member

AKA: Eric
Vehicle: 2001 SCT with MP62
emncfi Gettin' there
As it sits, took this today on a drive up the Columbia River area, needs a wash. We had to take off the SC/T lip before it got too destroyed going into our driveway, but as for snow, lets just say I don't miss it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1524.jpg (208.3 KB, 56 views)
1994 Dodge Stealth RT Twin Turbo
2001 Mercedes SLK 230
2006 Mercedes E55 AMG
1969 Red Mustang GT fastback 351

Last edited by emncfi; 12-21-2011 at 11:44 PM.
emncfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 02:37 AM   #94
01GrandAmGt75annv.
GAGT - Member

Quote:
The 301 was not strong enough for the 2nd gen. I mean it got the job done, but the extra 100 cubes in the 400 helped the car out more. The 400 in 1977 was only 220 HP but a massive 360 Lbs of tq. With the ture duals, full exhaust system, mild cam, smog gear smog gear removed its now 465RWHP. Just goes to show how little you need ot do to get them to run like a top. With the 4th gear, cruising at 75MPH I am getting 21MPG highway which I don't see as bad for anything built in that era.

You may think I am crazy, but a buddy of mine hunted down a rare Grand Am/Lemans/GTO basically. In 1977 there was a car called the Can Am. TA shaker and engine, Lemans body, Grand prix dash and center console, and custom body parts. Not so attractive all around, but rare. 1 car has the hard to come by 403 Olds engine (only 42 made) the other has the Sunroof and a ton of options which is also rare. Only 1350 built before the mold to the spoiler broke and GM did not allow the company time to fix it. Just shut down the project. The Can Am registry says less then 250 are still on the road today.

I was given a contact to a guy who has 2 for sale. He is going to work me out a great deal. Needs restored, and has rust on the back side. Surface only. In good shape the cars go for about 15K, the rare optioned ones like at Volo auto museum has, go for about 30K. Poor condition around $7000. This guy is willing to sell me one of 4 known 403 cars left, and the other with the metal power sunroof for $3500. Not sure that I can turn it down. Another $500 to ship or so, I am still looking pretty good.

And the ones I am looking at. Notice the rust on the front fender of the far one. He said a deer hit him with the car parked in the driveway. Killed the deer.

Does not look too far gone. I think I can bring them both back. Or maybe turn one to fund the other? Not sold on the idea of two resto projects at once. But I do know the engines and trans inside and out.
Didn't know that! At least you know a lot about these kinda cars..

few weeks ago, I was driving here in Wisco, and I saw a bandit edition sitting behind some guys barn and the thing looked bad, Poor car.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:39 AM   #95
Shade2012
GAGT - Senior Member

AKA: Logan
Vehicle: 2000 Grand Am GT Coupe
Shade2012 a trusted member
Quote:

Shade2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:09 PM   #96
[ChaosweaveR]
So that's Vtec...

Cleaned the duo today, taking advantage of the oddly warm weather. Almost 60*F, and it's three days from Christmas.

Old 12-22-2011, 01:43 PM   #97
street_fire
GAGT - Member

It's funny it's 3 days till X-mas and no snow. It feels like flippin spring. What a short winter

This was my car last winter around this time.

Last edited by street_fire; 12-22-2011 at 01:45 PM.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:00 PM   #98
G.I.Ceo
Skinny Wolfe

AKA: Randy
Vehicle: 2002 Grand Am Gt
G.I.Ceo Gettin' there
I hate storing for winter. The only thing good about it is that you get to catch up on some work that needs done.

Garrett GT35 / Turbo Headers / 2.5" high flow DP / Custom SLP Exhaust / Ported 3500 Heads / Ported 3500 UIM/LIM / 65mm TB / Turbonetics Evolution WG / Greddy Type-RS BOV / Casper Adjustable FPR / Casper High Speed Fan Switch / Speedbuilt F/R STB's / Next Level F/R Sway bars / Eibach Springs / Dual Gauge Pod with Aeroforce Gauges /
DDM 5000K HID's / Big Four Upgrade / HP Tuners and more!

"Living is doing everything you want to do and dying is everything else"

Last edited by G.I.Ceo; 12-22-2011 at 02:26 PM.
G.I.Ceo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 05:03 PM   #99
AaronGTR
BlingWithBallz

AKA: Aaron
Vehicle: 2000 Grand Am GT1 2dr
AaronGTR has made plenty of valid pointsAaronGTR has made plenty of valid points
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ChaosweaveR] View Post
Cleaned the duo today, taking advantage of the oddly warm weather. Almost 60*F, and it's three days from Christmas.

Was 81 here today......

I need to wash my car. It's filthy from sitting so long, and the stupid lawn maintenance guys at my apartment complex blowing dust all over it with their stupid leaf blowers. There isn't a good place to wash my car here though, and all my cleaning/detailing stuff is still in my buddies garage.
AaronGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 05:19 PM   #100
[ChaosweaveR]
So that's Vtec...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronGTR View Post
Was 81 here today......

I need to wash my car. It's filthy from sitting so long, and the stupid lawn maintenance guys at my apartment complex blowing dust all over it with their stupid leaf blowers. There isn't a good place to wash my car here though, and all my cleaning/detailing stuff is still in my buddies garage.
I know that FEEL, man.

My pops hires a lawn crew to maintain the front and back yards. I park on the street, next to the front yard, and they give no focks if I'm parked here. Grass and debris all over my car if I forget to move. And don't get me started on he damn water sprinkler system.

Tags
420yo, badgerbadgerevrywhere, bow2hobo, bye redneckshade, chaos is back nigguh, chaosisapuzzy, dave jimmies rustled, honey bager, i boned yer mum, jimlovesdatgreen, locodouche-is-back, lol@chaosbanned, old age rage, old fart is back, secretagentfaggot, sleepy is a ricer, tanner bein as$y, undercoverpothead