GrandAmGT.com Forum
http://www.pfyc.com GrandAmGT.com Premium Memership Signup
RedlineGoods.com   

Go Back   GrandAmGT.com Forum > GAGT - Modifications - Sponsored by RedlineGoods.com > All Show (Appearance modifications)

Old 04-01-2003, 04:42 AM   #1
gasev6ho
Pay the Car Bill!!

AKA: Chris
Vehicle: 2006 Trailblazer LS
gasev6ho Gettin' there
Send a message via AIM to gasev6ho Send a message via Yahoo to gasev6ho
Question Strobe Light install (OR...How NOT to drill headlights)

SO....I get this great strobe light kit (I say for fire company use, but I think it looks cool as hell). Anyway, I threw caution to the wind (bad idea) and started installing the lamps in the headlighs last night. This involves drilling a 1 in ch hole in the light housing to accept the strobe tube. Anyway......I do the passenger side first, and things go really well. Only a very tiny bit if silver flaked off (I installed these above the small orange parking light). SO I go to do the driver side, and that's when things get bad. This side was WAY more brittle then the pass. side. I forgot that the pass. side was new (due to an accident). Well, I did get the driver side installed, but we'll see how long it lasts. Many chips and broken plastic while installing the screws Now, on to the hassle that is the wiring!!! Anyone know of a good pass through point from the engine compartment to the passenger compartment??? I will try to get pictures a.s.a.p. for anyone interested. The strobes (4 of them) are run by 1 6 outlet (I can add 2 in the future) 90 watt power supply. Should be bright as all get out once hooked up. If you do this, BE CAREFUL when drilling headlight assemblies. Mine are still usable, but the driver side is alll crazed in the headlight area (not sure if it was prior to the install though).
gasev6ho is offline   Reply With Quote