GrandAmGT.com Forum
http://www.pfyc.com GrandAmGT.com Premium Memership Signup
CustomCarGrills.com   

Go Back   GrandAmGT.com Forum > GAGT - Main - Sponsored by www.PFYC.com > Requests and Feedback

Old 11-02-2003, 06:49 PM   #1
seffedman
GAGT - Newbie

Vehicle: 2000 grand am gt coupe
seffedman Gettin' there
Stuff on previous threads?

It seems that everyone gets real upset when new threads are posted with stuff already discused in previous threads. My question is if someone is new, or there's something I want to talk about that was posted 5 months ago, what's the best way to approach that? I also have a second question, what's the big deal to everyone if there is more than one thread about the same thing? If you don't want to read or respond to a thread than don't, why should it matter if someone wants to talk about something?
seffedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 06:51 PM   #2
iceman
woop woop

AKA: Seth
Vehicle: 97 Blazer - 84 Fiero
iceman has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to iceman Send a message via Yahoo to iceman
1st question - Use the search button

2nd question - Makes #1 useful. If there's 20 threads on a topic, most are likely to start the 21st thread instead of reading through the other 20. If there's one definitive thread for something, you'll find what you need with the quickness. Also, those that know the answers might not feel motivated to respond to a question they know the answer for if they've given it many many times before.
iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 09:56 PM   #3
seffedman
GAGT - Newbie

Vehicle: 2000 grand am gt coupe
seffedman Gettin' there
Thank you for the quick response. I agree that everyone that is in a forum should know how to use the search button, and I fully know how to use that. You didn't answer my question though, I want to know what to do if you want to talk about something now, but was posted 5 months ago? Also, I agree if you've already answered the question three times you might not want to answer, but why not just choose not to read that thread instead of getting upset about it?
seffedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 10:04 PM   #4
iceman
woop woop

AKA: Seth
Vehicle: 97 Blazer - 84 Fiero
iceman has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to iceman Send a message via Yahoo to iceman
OK.. Let me try and address.

#1 If there's a thread from 5 months ago about the same topic, then just go ahead and reply in it. It happens quite often around here.

#2 Who's getting upset? I just said some might just not respond. In the end its the information seeker that loses not the provider in that scenario :/
iceman is offline   Reply With Quote