GrandAmGT.com Forum
http://www.pfyc.com GrandAmGT.com Premium Memership Signup
RotorsOnline.com   

Go Back   GrandAmGT.com Forum > GAGT - Main - Sponsored by www.PFYC.com > Requests and Feedback

Old 04-27-2005, 11:45 AM   #1
NorKoastal
WhiteOutGT

AKA: Brad
Vehicle: 2000 GA GT Coupe
NorKoastal Gettin' there
Send a message via AIM to NorKoastal
Membership Banner ???

Is there one??? Right next to the PFYC banner would be nice place to stand out......

GAGURU I was referring to the "sponsors" that get business from your traffic. Im not sure how much they pay in the background, but I know the money Ive spent is well into the zero's.
The discount program I am referring to is a GAGT premium membership "Coupon Code"

When We (Premium Members) purshace items throug an affiliate they should kick back a discount since we sponsor the place that advertises their products... Im talking small doiscounts, not anything enourmous... Like free shipping, or eating tax on most orders.... A 10% discount is a great incentive for people to join....

NorKoastal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 11:48 AM   #2
NorKoastal
WhiteOutGT

NorKoastal Gettin' there
Oh and the code would change every month and orders verfied through you to prove who and who doesnt deserve the discount..
Old 04-27-2005, 11:49 AM   #3
pontga00
StreeTTrendZ

AKA: Jeff
Vehicle: 2000 GAGT1 Coupe
pontga00 Gettin' there
Send a message via AIM to pontga00
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorKoastal
Is there one??? Right next to the PFYC banner would be nice place to stand out......

GAGURU I was referring to the "sponsors" that get business from your traffic. Im not sure how much they pay in the background, but I know the money Ive spent is well into the zero's.
The discount program I am referring to is a GAGT premium membership "Coupon Code"

When We (Premium Members) purshace items throug an affiliate they should kick back a discount since we sponsor the place that advertises their products... Im talking small doiscounts, not anything enourmous... Like free shipping, or eating tax on most orders.... A 10% discount is a great incentive for people to join....

Good idea, but it would probably be hard to get all the sponsors to agree to this...after all business is business.

Best time (just CAI) - 15.677@87.50 - New England Dragway
pontga00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 11:52 AM   #4
2002GT
GAGT - Junkie

AKA: Nick
Vehicle: Challenger
2002GT Gettin' there
or not... they already pay to be on the site, and now you want them to eat more fee's?

i doubt andys auto or pfyc care if the grand am community stops buying their product
2002GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 11:56 AM   #5
NorKoastal
WhiteOutGT

NorKoastal Gettin' there
They could market the specials from the sponsors more through monthly ads to members....Not spam but real deals and discounts...
Old 04-27-2005, 12:00 PM   #6
Jeremy
Unpimped my Mazda

AKA: Jeremy
Vehicle: 07 Tahoe LTZ ,12 Jetta
Jeremy a trusted member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002GT
or not... they already pay to be on the site, and now you want them to eat more fee's?

i doubt andys auto or pfyc care if the grand am community stops buying their product
I personally know for a fact that PFYC.com would care if the grand am community stopped buying their products. You guys are a decent percentage of their sales.

12 VW Jetta

07 Tahoe LTZ 4x4

Over the firewall, out the antenna, into the router, shot to the modem, out the transponder, bounce into space, off the satellite, over their firewall, into the forums .... nothing but NET
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 01:40 PM   #7
DrFabulous
FIGJAM

AKA: Matt
Vehicle: 2015 Tahoe
DrFabulous has made plenty of valid pointsDrFabulous has made plenty of valid points
The problem we're running into is that we don't have many companies that are interested in making more products for the Grand Am. Maybe we can try and push the G6 side of it? I'm not familiar with the G6 community, but I'm guessing there isn't a whole lot right now. Maybe a big push for sponsers and what-not for that car would help.

01 GASE - R.I.P.
SLP exhaust, CAI, Intrax springs, 17" American Eagle 025s
03 Mazda6 - bye Felicia
Injen CAI, Magnaflow exhaust, 17" American Eagle 025's
01 GAGT - R.I.P.
S&S headers, S&S cat, SLP exhaust, CAI, MPR tune, WS6 hood, H&R springs, 18" American Eagle 077s/18" XXR 006s
03 Saab 9-3 2.0T - bye Felicia
JZW tune, BSR intake, H&R springs/KYB struts, 17" Saab Klingons
06 Honda CR-V - current
100% stock
15 Chevy Tahoe - current
100% stock
DrFabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 02:01 PM   #8
AMRAAM4
Wiley 'Ol Veteran

AKA: Bob (aka Hoss)
Vehicle: See My Signature Block
AMRAAM4 a trusted member
Increase sponsor fees a tad, if they dont' want to jive with that chances are that person isn't making much/worth a squat on here anyway.

Limit access to folks who are not paying members. No "almost anything goes", no "for sale" section, no arcade, small PMs, no profile pic, etc. etc. Basically cut anything but having the person able to read and search for information and ask a question. Will cut a lot of dead weight around here and will make us who have been here forever a bit more "appreciated" and deserving. If you don't want to pay, oh well. IMO $20 a year isn't much to spend the countless hours we do here screwing off.

Tell A Small Orange to go scam some sucker with their garbage equipment.

TRADED-2004 Black Grand Am GT,2004 Impulse Blue GTO M6, 2012 Mineral Gray Jeep SRT8, 2010 Bright Silver Jeep SRT8
LEASE TURN-IN-2006 Summit White TrailBlazer SS AWD (Vector CAI & tune)
SOLD-2000 Silvermist Grand Am GT Supercharged,1994 Daytona Blue Single Turbo RX7 (427whp/330wtq), 2006 Spice Red GTO A4
, 2013 Grabber Blue Shelby GT500
AMRAAM4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 02:04 PM   #9
DrFabulous
FIGJAM

AKA: Matt
Vehicle: 2015 Tahoe
DrFabulous has made plenty of valid pointsDrFabulous has made plenty of valid points
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMRAAM4

Limit access to folks who are not paying members. No "almost anything goes", no "for sale" section, no arcade, small PMs, no profile pic, etc. etc. Basically cut anything but having the person able to read and search for information and ask a question. Will cut a lot of dead weight around here and will make us who have been here forever a bit more "appreciated" and deserving. If you don't want to pay, oh well. IMO $20 a year isn't much to spend the countless hours we do here screwing off.

I agree. I'll pay $20 for next year without hesitation, especially if it means we get more access than most people.

01 GASE - R.I.P.
SLP exhaust, CAI, Intrax springs, 17" American Eagle 025s
03 Mazda6 - bye Felicia
Injen CAI, Magnaflow exhaust, 17" American Eagle 025's
01 GAGT - R.I.P.
S&S headers, S&S cat, SLP exhaust, CAI, MPR tune, WS6 hood, H&R springs, 18" American Eagle 077s/18" XXR 006s
03 Saab 9-3 2.0T - bye Felicia
JZW tune, BSR intake, H&R springs/KYB struts, 17" Saab Klingons
06 Honda CR-V - current
100% stock
15 Chevy Tahoe - current
100% stock
DrFabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 02:21 PM   #10
NorKoastal
WhiteOutGT

NorKoastal Gettin' there
Restricting too much will do more harm then good.. IMHO Car sites get the best sponsorship support because enthusiasts visit frequently burning money left and right on their cars...

Have you guys contacted http://aeroforcetech.com/ Yet??? They are selling the red digital guages/code scanners.....

Last edited by NorKoastal; 04-27-2005 at 02:27 PM.
Old 04-27-2005, 02:59 PM   #11
AMRAAM4
Wiley 'Ol Veteran

AMRAAM4 a trusted member
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorKoastal
Restricting too much will do more harm then good.. IMHO Car sites get the best sponsorship support because enthusiasts visit frequently burning money left and right on their cars...

Have you guys contacted http://aeroforcetech.com/ Yet??? They are selling the red digital guages/code scanners.....

if you visit to just do basic stuff you are still going to see the banner! You can still buy there as well. If you are a member here and paid your dues then you may even get a discount. This justifies the sponsor giving you a discount if they know you donated here to be a member. It's there way of knowing you didn't just stop in here real quick to get a discount from them.

We have a need here. An equal or faster hosting service for a similar price. After exhausting outlets we are then going to need a plan of action to accomplish that need. No one else is piping up here. And in my honest opinion there probably won't be many. It's obvious already there are MANY long term members here who aren't even a Premium Member as it is. To me, that's wrong. You spend that much time here, then pony up the ducketts or stop viewing and/or bitching. IMO it slaps those who do pay in the face. Kinda like those people are taking advantage of their freeloading capability...which is all too evident in our American society.

RX7Club has a paid membership, but I don't belong...because I don't spend much time there at all. If I need to ask a question or check some info I do, then go about my merry way. That's how it should be here unless you want to be an extended member

TRADED-2004 Black Grand Am GT,2004 Impulse Blue GTO M6, 2012 Mineral Gray Jeep SRT8, 2010 Bright Silver Jeep SRT8
SOLD-2000 Silvermist Grand Am GT Supercharged,1994 Daytona Blue Single Turbo RX7 (427whp/330wtq), 2006 Spice Red GTO A4
Old 04-27-2005, 03:03 PM   #12
UNCTYPE-S
GAGT - Junkie

AKA: Jim
Vehicle: 09 G37x Coupe
UNCTYPE-S Gettin' there
bye bye to me then

<-----dead weight

or just let the people who get banned every 6 months stay just because they pay, and let the people who stay clean, but didnt pay, leave.

once again it could come down to money (welcome to america)

Last edited by UNCTYPE-S; 04-27-2005 at 03:06 PM.
UNCTYPE-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 03:17 PM   #13
Kdawg207
BIG PAPPA PUMP

AKA: Go Away
Vehicle: Take a f*ckn guess
Kdawg207 has disabled reputation
I paid my 15 meesly bucks...not to be a "premium member"...but because it would help the Guru's keep it going

I could afford 15 bux when i was 8 yrs old...no harm in it ...even if I dont visit as much as i used to or want to.

The way i see it....if people flat out refuse to help out in keeping a site up...then they dont really wanna be on it and then...see ya round

I can spare the chump change if it helps out

31 Free Magazines and counting....the boards wont let me make any new Freebie threads -
so I won't be sharing any longer

Check Out My Car Domain 08 Malibu LS 3.5 V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graxall View Post
your a snippy broad arent u

Last edited by Kdawg207; 04-27-2005 at 03:20 PM.
Kdawg207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 03:20 PM   #14
AMRAAM4
Wiley 'Ol Veteran

AMRAAM4 a trusted member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdawg207
I paid my 15 meesly bucks...not to be a "premium member"...but because it would help the Guru's keep it going

I could afford 15 bux when i was 8 yrs old...no harm in it ...even if I dont visit as much as i used to or want to.

The way i see it....if people flat out refuse to help out in keeping a site up...then they dont really wanna be on it and then...see ya round

I can spare the chump change if it helps out
werd to the spanking skeleton.

Old 04-27-2005, 03:20 PM   #15
Kdawg207
BIG PAPPA PUMP

thank ya sir

31 Free Magazines and counting....the boards wont let me make any new Freebie threads -

Quote:
Old 04-27-2005, 03:27 PM   #16
Kdawg207
BIG PAPPA PUMP

Bottom Line:

I appreciate the work put into keeping this site alive.
This is the ONLY site to help the GA community...yes I know about the other...and let's be real here
Ask yourself this...would you bother to keep this going if it were costing you....no

The Guru's have been a tremendous help to the GA world and they deserve some support.

If one chooses not to then fine....go join the "other" forum and enjoy yur free forum where the new inside information comes around about 6 months late

I for one will continue to contribute the pocket change...and yes...i no longer drive GA either

Quote:
Old 04-27-2005, 03:30 PM   #17
UNCTYPE-S
GAGT - Junkie

UNCTYPE-S Gettin' there
just because i/we dont pay, doesnt mean we dont appreciate being here. at least for me.

i dont even know why were discussing this, because guru hasnt even announced anything.
Old 04-27-2005, 03:32 PM   #18
Kdawg207
BIG PAPPA PUMP

i'm sure you appreciate the site....

if so...then if the time comes.. I am sure you will feel good about donating 20 small dollars to help continue what you have enjoyed for free for 2 1/2 years thus far

Quote:
Old 04-27-2005, 03:36 PM   #19
UNCTYPE-S
GAGT - Junkie

UNCTYPE-S Gettin' there
i dont owe anybody anything except for the 2 gurus for a big thank you.

i came to this forum 4 yrs ago cause it was free, and im staying cause its free. if at one point it becomes a private, paying members site only, then im out. no stress off my shoulders, its not the end of the world, but i will still appreciate the time i had when it was free.
Old 04-27-2005, 03:38 PM   #20
Kdawg207
BIG PAPPA PUMP

Nuff Said then I guess.

Quote: