GrandAmGT.com Forum
http://www.pfyc.com GrandAmGT.com Premium Memership Signup
MilzyMotorsports.com   

Go Back   GrandAmGT.com Forum > GAGT - Main - Sponsored by www.PFYC.com > News From the Gurus

Old 05-05-2005, 12:23 PM   #1
Jeremy
Unpimped my Mazda

AKA: Jeremy
Vehicle: 07 Tahoe LTZ ,12 Jetta
Jeremy a trusted member
Exclamation GAGT.com Dedicated Server Update

*** UPDATE ***
We purchased our new dedicated server and are in the process of getting it built and put on the new host companies NOC. We're hoping to have the site transfered over to the new server by the middle of next week.

We thank you all for your patience and understanding as we're working through the bumps that come up when you run a site as large as this one.

On a side note, I'm sure ya'll have noticed the Premium Membership banner at the top of the forum by the PFYC banner. We're not doing this to turn the site into a pay site, but we're looking for any financial help you guys can spare to keep the site going. Ryan and I are looking to expand what we offer our Premium Members, without taking anything away from our regular members. With the new dedicated server, we may have more options to put some of our ideas in place (cough..cough.. subdomain & server space..cough..cough).. but who knows. The more help we get from you guys, the better we can make the GAGT.com experience.

12 VW Jetta

07 Tahoe LTZ 4x4

Over the firewall, out the antenna, into the router, shot to the modem, out the transponder, bounce into space, off the satellite, over their firewall, into the forums .... nothing but NET
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 12:38 PM   #2
AMRAAM4
Wiley 'Ol Veteran

AKA: Bob (aka Hoss)
Vehicle: See My Signature Block
AMRAAM4 a trusted member
W00t! Can I be the sites agent? I feel I fit the "Drew Rosenhaus" mold

TRADED-2004 Black Grand Am GT,2004 Impulse Blue GTO M6, 2012 Mineral Gray Jeep SRT8, 2010 Bright Silver Jeep SRT8
LEASE TURN-IN-2006 Summit White TrailBlazer SS AWD (Vector CAI & tune)
SOLD-2000 Silvermist Grand Am GT Supercharged,1994 Daytona Blue Single Turbo RX7 (427whp/330wtq), 2006 Spice Red GTO A4
, 2013 Grabber Blue Shelby GT500
AMRAAM4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 11:26 AM   #3
badboy2451
GAGT - not so n00bee

AKA: Zac
Vehicle: 99 gt coupe
badboy2451 Gettin' there
Send a message via AIM to badboy2451
so im not tooo familiar with all the subdomains and server space...what exactly else can you do to the site now with this dedicated server??
20% window tint / Grafxwerks arrowhead overlay with GT emblems / CCG grille inserts / 18" AT Italia Inox with 235/40/18 Pirelli PZero Nero M&S (sitting in my basement) / Intrax lowering springs / Doctor Speed stage 3 intake / Taylor 8mm spark plug wires / Pioneer overhaul: headunit (broken) and 3-ways / Custom headlights with amber overlays / Angel eye fogs / 2 gauge piller with volt and a/f / 2 12' Rockford Fosgate P1 Subs with 325.2 amp (all stolen) / Milzy PCM

My FQuick

My GAGT Garage
badboy2451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 04:19 PM   #4
ndprunner22
Grand Am Addict

Vehicle: 2001 Grand Am Gt Coupe
ndprunner22 Gettin' there
Send a message via AIM to ndprunner22
each premium member could have their own "subdomain" where they would store/access pics of their car and have like a mini cardomain each premium member would also have space to store these files

well thats what i think it should be for at least
CarDomain WebShots
ndprunner22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 07:17 PM   #5
lightningGA
Bagged and Boosted!!

AKA: Paul
Vehicle: Boosted 00 GA
lightningGA Gettin' there
Send a message via AIM to lightningGA Send a message via Yahoo to lightningGA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndprunner22
each premium member could have their own "subdomain" where they would store/access pics of their car and have like a mini cardomain each premium member would also have space to store these files

well thats what i think it should be for at least
I would love to be a premium member....but I can't post most pics of my car due to forum rule #14.

Eaton SUPER CHARGED!!!!!
lightningGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 08:19 PM   #6
AMRAAM4
Wiley 'Ol Veteran

AMRAAM4 a trusted member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightningGA
I would love to be a premium member....but I can't post most pics of my car due to forum rule #14.
That rule isn't really needed anymore now more than ever. Dedicated personal server + own URL + privately funded/run = "other company" can go p1ss up a pink and black rope with their stupid ass legal bullsh1t.

TRADED-2004 Black Grand Am GT,2004 Impulse Blue GTO M6, 2012 Mineral Gray Jeep SRT8, 2010 Bright Silver Jeep SRT8
SOLD-2000 Silvermist Grand Am GT Supercharged,1994 Daytona Blue Single Turbo RX7 (427whp/330wtq), 2006 Spice Red GTO A4
Old 05-07-2005, 08:44 PM   #7
lightningGA
Bagged and Boosted!!

AKA: Paul
Vehicle: Boosted 00 GA
lightningGA Gettin' there
Send a message via AIM to lightningGA Send a message via Yahoo to lightningGA
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMRAAM4
That rule isn't really needed anymore now more than ever. Dedicated personal server + own URL + privately funded/run = "other company" can go p1ss up a pink and black rope with their stupid ass legal bullsh1t.
that would be cool if it wasn't needed any more......I'd become a premium member that day

Eaton SUPER CHARGED!!!!!
lightningGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 10:26 PM   #8
gatorademan

Quote:
So that means that after we get our own server we can talk about/discuss/post pics of product from "those who we don't speak of"?
Old 05-10-2005, 07:57 AM   #9
AMRAAM4
Wiley 'Ol Veteran

AMRAAM4 a trusted member
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorademan
So that means that after we get our own server we can talk about/discuss/post pics of product from "those who we don't speak of"?
yes, so long as there are no derogatory comments that are meant to be taken by readers reading the post as a direct fact of what the company or its owners are/look like/do/have done/etc. (that would be libel). Now, opinions, sarcasm, jokes are in the eye of the beholder but in all actuality you can generally discern those easily.

The main problem is..."someone" likes to legally attack people's jokes or opinions because they have a fragile self esteem. They or anyone else can say what they want, but that is the truth. I think all of us have been on the wrong end of jokes or bad stories, but we suck it up and move on. Not to mention those who know the real info, generally reply to those situations by performing better/being a better person/selling more product or whatever the optimal outcome of the situation will be, and showing those making the accusations as wrong. Obviously in the aforementioned situations this does not occur. I will not name names, but I heard some very strong info that there is a company (or 2) who wanted to sponsor LS1GTO.com, however, their donation was graciously not accepted There are quite a few previous Grand Am members over on that VERY POPULAR GTO board, too.

Last edited by AMRAAM4; 05-10-2005 at 08:02 AM.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:13 AM   #10
Jeremy
Unpimped my Mazda

AKA: Jeremy
Vehicle: 07 Tahoe LTZ ,12 Jetta
Jeremy a trusted member
Quote:
yes, so long as there are no derogatory comments that are meant to be taken by readers reading the post as a direct fact of what the company or its owners are/look like/do/have done/etc. (that would be libel). Now, opinions, sarcasm, jokes are in the eye of the beholder but in all actuality you can generally discern those easily.

The main problem is..."someone" likes to legally attack people's jokes or opinions because they have a fragile self esteem. They or anyone else can say what they want, but that is the truth. I think all of us have been on the wrong end of jokes or bad stories, but we suck it up and move on. Not to mention those who know the real info, generally reply to those situations by performing better/being a better person/selling more product or whatever the optimal outcome of the situation will be, and showing those making the accusations as wrong. Obviously in the aforementioned situations this does not occur. I will not name names, but I heard some very strong info that there is a company (or 2) who wanted to sponsor LS1GTO.com, however, their donation was graciously not accepted There are quite a few previous Grand Am members over on that VERY POPULAR GTO board, too.
Don't go putting words in our mouth Bob. Just cuz we're moving over to our own dedicated server doesn't mean we're going to be changing the rules about "you know who". The two issues are not related.

12 VW Jetta

07 Tahoe LTZ 4x4

Over the firewall, out the antenna, into the router, shot to the modem, out the transponder, bounce into space, off the satellite, over their firewall, into the forums .... nothing but NET
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 07:27 PM   #11
02andahalfgt
Camaro Junkie

AKA: Jon
Vehicle: 06 Jeep/10 Camaro SSRS
02andahalfgt Gettin' there
Forum rule 14 should stay in affect, dedicated server or not. No matter what is said in any tone 'he' is still going to try to act tough and start trouble. The Guru's don't need that headache and I don't blame them. If you absolutely NEED to talk about those products or view/post pictures they have a whole website of their own set up. /$.02
02andahalfgt is offline   Reply With Quote