GrandAmGT.com Forum
http://www.pfyc.com GrandAmGT.com Premium Memership Signup
RedlineGoods.com   

Go Back   GrandAmGT.com Forum > GAGT - Modifications - Sponsored by RedlineGoods.com > All Go (Performance modifications)

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 10:50 AM   #1
beelzebob
18 wheelin' bob

AKA: bob
Vehicle: 2000 grand am gt sedan
beelzebob Gettin' there
Send a message via AIM to beelzebob Send a message via Yahoo to beelzebob
Thumbs up all high performance under 1 roof!

Hello all!

I hope I am putting this in the right section. If not please admin, contact me about putting it in the right place before deleting it.

Given the fact that for most of us, buying parts for our modding purposes can be difficult in not nearly impossible sometimes since not every source has every item of interest I believe this message will be or great interest to all.

I recently began working for a company that manufactures high performance parts for racing applications. I was offered the opportunity to have my car be a test mule for a new product line to be created in conjunction with a major supercharger manufacturer. Given the nature and generosity of the offer, I accepted. I have been asked to spread the word explaining the plans for this product line and rather than possibly misinterpret what i have been told and lead others to believe this is anything other than what it is I have been allowed to create an "unofficial press release" for the forums which should explain everything. companies have not been named and I can not mention them yet but this is very real and it is happening as we speak. If anyone has any questions about anything in this "press release" please contact me at my new email

bobatrpm@gmail.com

An east coast performance component manufacturer with years of successful racing experience has entered into a deal with a leading supercharger manufacturer to develop and market “Plug and Play” bolt on supercharger kits for a wide variety of 4 and 6 cylinder domestic and import vehicles, starting with General Motors 3400sfi equipped automobiles. The test mule for this initial project is owned by forum regular beelzebob

These packages will be different from other supercharger kits currently available for these vehicles in that they will be more comprehensive than existing choices, simultaneously offering larger horsepower gains while maintaining a competitive price point. To further this effort of being consumer cost conscious, a tuner kit is planned and all parts not available within any purchased package will be available for sale separately to maximize the possible horsepower combinations and provide the consumer with the customizability to meet his or her power needs and budget.

As currently planned the Tuner Kit will include a supercharger (the type of which will be disclosed later), all brackets, and hardware. This most basic offering is geared toward the buyer wishing to create specific gains by matching components available individually as well as the beginning enthusiast or the customer on a budget.

A considerable step up is the Stage 1 Kit. This package will include the supercharger, plumbing, blow off valve, 3 bar MAP sensor, and a stage 1remapped P.C.M.

Going further up the ladder of horsepower gains is the Stage 2 Kit. In this incarnation the package will include the complete Stage 1 Kit as well as an intercooler, an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, larger injectors, and a stage 2 remapped P.C.M.

These last 2 packages mentioned above are geared toward giving the more experienced modder options that not only take the aggravation out of gathering the components needed to build the car of his or her dreams but to do it without breaking the bank as well as offer the less knowledgeable enthusiast choices that take the guess work out of how to create desirable power gains.

There are plans for other kits as well, up to and including a complete drag race only application. However since these have not been finalized it would not be wise to go into further detail at this time. Suffice it to say that the ultimate goal is to include products in these packages that are not only high quality but minimize waste in having to discard parts from one Stage when upgrading to a higher level Stage after the initial purchase.

As mentioned earlier, optional parts will offer some customization and even more horsepower to those that decide that the upgrade offered in any package is not enough. These parts are projected to include but may not be limited to, pistons, rods, cranks, cams, headers, high flow catalytic converters, cat back exhausts, and water injection as well as complete long and short block assemblies built to order.

It should also be mentioned that the core of this company has always been in performance transmissions and drivelines. With a long and successful racing history behind them, you will have numerous options there as well. These options will include but may not be limited to automatic and manual transmissions in heavy duty and hi performance variants, limited slip differentials, and axles available in street and race ready variants.

Ultimately the goal of this partnership is to provide consumers who have the “Need for Speed” a better, more cost effective and less wasteful way to get the power they crave. Whether it be a complete race ready package for an adrenaline junky or a simple to install, reasonably priced upgrade for the guy next door that wants his grocery getter to get groceries faster. These options and everything in between will soon be available all in one place, designed and developed to go together and that’s how it should be.

Last edited by beelzebob; 07-15-2009 at 10:57 AM.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:03 AM   #2
cardude007617
mmm turbo boost

AKA: Paul
Vehicle: 2005 WRX Sedan 5 Speed
cardude007617 Gettin' there
Send a message via AIM to cardude007617 Send a message via Yahoo to cardude007617
interesting, i guess we will have to see what comes of it.
Tanabe Touring 3in catback, ERZ bellmouth catted downpipe, catless uppipe, SPT Pink springs, SPT short shifter, SPT intake, stereo, Cobb Accessport stage II, Prosport boost/oil temp/volt gauges, 35%, 17x8 Rota Torques, F/R strut braces

It's what makes a Subaru, a Subaru.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:15 AM   #3
lone_wolf025
Spirit guides

AKA: Jon
Vehicle: 2003 Grand Am GT1
lone_wolf025 Gettin' there
Send a message via AIM to lone_wolf025
Meh not like there's any real competition for superchargers right now anyways.

Never ask why people do strange/stupid things...the answer just makes it worse...

14.841 @91.56mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someone else
Ahhh but that would be in the land of "Makes Sense"...you forget that we live in the land of "DUHHH"
Old 07-15-2009, 11:25 AM   #4
burgett2103
Sounds for Dayzzz

AKA: Nick
Vehicle: 03 GAGT/98 Chevy 1500
burgett2103 Gettin' there
sounds like they are gonna produce something great.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:35 AM   #5
beelzebob
18 wheelin' bob

beelzebob Gettin' there
Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf025 View Post
Meh not like there's any real competition for superchargers right now anyways.

which is why you should be excited. should I send an ambulance to your house to check your pulse?
Old 07-15-2009, 11:43 AM   #6
beelzebob
18 wheelin' bob

beelzebob Gettin' there
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgett2103 View Post
sounds like they are gonna produce something great.
definitely, I wouldn't be so high on this if I didn't know the man behind it and what he is capable of doing. not to mention who he has on his team to get this the national exposure it will take to ultimately keep it going. Once the first set of kits for the 3400sfi is done they will be looking to go into development on the next set. I am not sure but I would bet either the ecotech, the 2.4, or the 3800. My guess is they will stick with grand ams but who knows. they are looking for powerplants that are somewhat neglected by the tuning crowd so the 3800 might be a longshot, the ecotech is popular to mod too so maybe the 2.4 gets some respect next. But I know nothing and i am just speculating at this point.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:07 PM   #7
AleroB888
not this alero

AKA: Greg
Vehicle: 1999 Alero V6
AleroB888 Gettin' there
Quote:
Originally Posted by beelzebob View Post
Hello all!
A considerable step up is the Stage 1 Kit. This package will include the supercharger, plumbing, blow off valve, 3 bar MAP sensor, and a stage 1 remapped P.C.M.
[A 3 bar MAP would not be needed, save it for Stage 2]

Quote:
Going further up the ladder of horsepower gains is the Stage 2 Kit. In this incarnation the package will include the complete Stage 1 Kit as well as an intercooler, an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, larger injectors, and a stage 2 remapped P.C.M ..
That's great......

Now, since I've already got to Stage 2, all I need is the 3 bar capable PCM. Get busy on that, I'm waiting...............

There are also other limitations in the stock PCM that are not so obvious until you go past about 10 psi of boost.

Your write-up is well-written, but it is marketing-oriented, and that is a big problem. It makes no sense to advertise something that at the very least would take a year of R & D to put on the road, and deal with such issues as drivability, emissions, heat-soak performance, etc. All reputable companies at least have a working prototype or "concept car" to generate interest first. At the ground level, the engineer/mechanic first builds one for himself, then other people see it and want one built for them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpVYZPbpPzk
Old 07-15-2009, 12:38 PM   #8
AaronGTR
BlingWithBallz

AKA: Aaron
Vehicle: 2000 Grand Am GT1 2dr
AaronGTR has made plenty of valid pointsAaronGTR has made plenty of valid points
Quote:
A considerable step up is the Stage 1 Kit. This package will include the supercharger, plumbing, blow off valve, 3 bar MAP sensor, and a stage 1remapped P.C.M.
Tell him not to bother with the 3 bar map. Besides the fact that it's not needed because the pcm does not use the MAP for primary fuel corrections.... there are other limitations involved. First the grand am pcm lacks the coding to keep from reseting barometric pressure to over 100Kpa when the MAP sees boost, and second all the tables in the pcm that reference MAP pressure only have cells that go up to 140 Kpa so using more than a 2bar MAP would be pointless anyway. There's no way he can change that with any of the current tuners, so unless he has a hex editor program and knows how to write code.....

What he should be including with the stage 1 kit is bigger injectors and an LS1 MAF along with the tuned pcm, because the stock injectors max out at a relatively low amount of boost. He won't be able to save injector upgrades for stage 2, maybe he can offer larger injectors with that.

It is a good idea though to offer a basic kit with just the SC and mounting hardware. That way if his kit gets good results and someone wants to upgrade theirs but already has all the supporting mods, they can just get the blower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleroB888 View Post
Your write-up is well-written, but it is marketing-oriented, and that is a big problem. It makes no sense to advertise something that at the very least would take a year of R & D to put on the road, and deal with such issues as drivability, emissions, heat-soak performance, etc. All reputable companies at least have a working prototype or "concept car" to generate interest first. At the ground level, the engineer/mechanic first builds one for himself, then other people see it and want one built for them.
I agree. Some people will just call BS anyway until they see a car and see results. Best advertisement in the world is to just keep it quiet until you have the demo car built and tested. Go out, beat the record, post up a video and some pics to prove it.... everyone will be asking you for specs and prices.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:49 PM   #9
beelzebob
18 wheelin' bob

beelzebob Gettin' there
Yeah, this was done just to let me boast about the deal i made in a way that won't mention anything that can cause issues for the parties involved down the road but they did want to be sure I mentioned certain things and before you know it... so I'm sorry about that but once they get everything ready this place is going to have it all for us GA owners. I know one of the owners and he's got a string of successes under his belt, one of the best P.R. guys in the business, and years of experience so it takes as long as it takes because once it gets done it will be great.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:51 PM   #10
stewartfn18
GAGT - Senior Member

AKA: David
Vehicle: 04 vette, 14 R6
stewartfn18 a trusted member
we'll see. im not saying that it wont happen, but look at all of the companies that offered things for the grand am, and arent particularly offering at the same dilligence as before. we really only have three main vendors. i dont think the community is big enough for mass production and such, but who knows. maybe this guy can prove me wrong. i like to be challenged.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:01 PM   #11
chuckclose1
STOCK IS 4 KIDZ

AKA: chuck
Vehicle: 2001 Grand Am GT
chuckclose1 Gettin' there
so what kind of time frame are we looking at anyways?

how soon are these kits projected to be available for sale?

2001 Grand Am GT
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3338839

2000 chrysler sebring convertible
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3351534
Old 07-15-2009, 09:47 PM   #12
beelzebob
18 wheelin' bob

beelzebob Gettin' there
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckclose1 View Post
so what kind of time frame are we looking at anyways?

how soon are these kits projected to be available for sale?
originally they were hoping for 3-4 months but now it looks like 6-7 months. it's still in the early stages so ultimately it is hard to say tho. things could go well and everything is recieved for the test kit, and it bolts on easy enough, and requires minimal tweaking or it's a nightmare to get right. the mechanics are optimistic tho.
let's hope for the best, I am since I like my car too much to be without it for too long.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:59 PM   #13
lvemy3100
Im President Charley

AKA: mp
Vehicle: 01 car
lvemy3100 a trusted member
Send a message via AIM to lvemy3100
why isnt this thread locked yet... this douche is obviously captain of a fail boat and anyone currently on board would do well to abandon ship..

You want more power? You need MP Racing!

------

Now drink with me deeply of the bourbon, scotch, and rye until such time as we are fighting drunk. Then we shall find, and beat the a**es of, the nonbelievers who ruined my feast.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:10 PM   #14
boost21
GAGT - Senior Member

AKA: -_-
Vehicle: turbo ls1
boost21 a trusted member
I didn't read any of this but what brand will the supercharger be?
Old 07-16-2009, 01:22 PM   #15
beelzebob
18 wheelin' bob

beelzebob Gettin' there
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvemy3100 View Post
why isnt this thread locked yet... this douche is obviously captain of a fail boat and anyone currently on board would do well to abandon ship..
actually that's your buddy ben over at60* and WOT-tech. interesting how you guys that own performance companies are trashing this project night and day. scared a bit?

Last edited by beelzebob; 07-16-2009 at 01:25 PM.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:23 PM   #16
beelzebob
18 wheelin' bob

beelzebob Gettin' there
Quote:
Originally Posted by boost21 View Post
I didn't read any of this but what brand will the supercharger be?
it will be better then RSM's offering.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:37 PM   #17
AaronGTR
BlingWithBallz

AKA: Aaron
Vehicle: 2000 Grand Am GT1 2dr
AaronGTR has made plenty of valid pointsAaronGTR has made plenty of valid points
Quote:
actually that's your buddy ben over at60* and WOT-tech. interesting how you guys that own performance companies are trashing this project night and day. scared a bit?
I'm sure he's not. Since him and Ben have long since proven their knowledge of these cars and proven gains from their parts... not to mention they offer things that no one else does. Simply put so far all you have is pipe dreams. By all means, I invite you to try and make a better product. As stated earlier though, you shouldn't be spouting off about it when it's not even in prototype stage yet. No one knows who this guy is thats making it, and most importantly he's NOT an official sponsor and therefore not allowed to advertise parts here.

Like we already said... build the car first, get some results to show and prove the potential of his stuff, become a sponsor... then he can talk up his stuff all he wants here and I'm sure people will be more than happy to buy.

Quote:
That's not hard to do.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:40 PM   #18
SikMindz
BOLD Yellow

AKA: D
Vehicle: 2003 BMW E39
SikMindz has made plenty of valid pointsSikMindz has made plenty of valid points
Quote:
You could attach a spout to Fab's mouth and he'd provide more blowing power and reliability than RSM's SC.

You don't even want to know what the Stage 2 kit looks like.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:41 PM   #19
lvemy3100
Im President Charley

AKA: mp
Vehicle: 01 car
lvemy3100 a trusted member
Send a message via AIM to lvemy3100
Quote:
it would take a whole hell of alot more than you and your BS to scare me...

and no we arent trashing the hopes of a better than RSM S/C kit.. we are trashing you personally since you have nothing other than talk which has been nothing but BS since the start

oh and you are breaking forum rules just making this thread so like I said on aleromod... STFU and GTFO noob!

You want more power? You need MP Racing!

------

Now drink with me deeply of the bourbon, scotch, and rye until such time as we are fighting drunk. Then we shall find, and beat the a**es of, the nonbelievers who ruined my feast.

Last edited by lvemy3100; 07-16-2009 at 01:45 PM.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:44 PM   #20
boost21
GAGT - Senior Member

AKA: -_-
Vehicle: turbo ls1
boost21 a trusted member
Quote:
That doesn't answer my question, who produces the supercharger you are planning on using? Will it be centrifugal or a roots style blower?
Closed Thread

Tags
clueless, coming fast and hard, fail, grand am, high performance, is it coming?, omg! it's coming!!!!, supercharger