GrandAmGT.com Forum
http://www.pfyc.com GrandAmGT.com Premium Memership Signup
MilzyMotorsports.com   

Go Back   GrandAmGT.com Forum > GAGT - Modifications - Sponsored by RedlineGoods.com > Car Audio, Video & Security > Car Audio Reference Material

Old 06-17-2010, 09:45 PM   #61
bricooper78
Dammit Sleepy

AKA: Cooper
Vehicle: 03 Sierra Z71
bricooper78 has made plenty of valid pointsbricooper78 has made plenty of valid points
mine does the same thing, i used the remote wire off the monsoon amp itself, and once the lights go off, the amp goes dead.

for kicker amps, do NOT use the "signal in" feature where you do not have to use a remote wire, the monsoon system confuses it, always has voltage (for door chimes i'm guessing) and it will kill the battery within 2 days....not saying i didn't learn that the hard way
bricooper78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:35 PM   #62
tjbalm14
GAGT - Newbie

AKA: Taylor
Vehicle: 2002 Grand Am GT1
tjbalm14 Gettin' there
I want to hook up different color LEDs to different sound ranges coming out of the monsoon amp. I'm pretty sure regular LED strips aren't rated to handle the same power going to the speakers. Anyone know what size resistors or whatever I'll need to make the power going to the LEDs low enough for them to handle?
tjbalm14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:48 PM   #63
bricooper78
Dammit Sleepy

AKA: Cooper
Vehicle: 03 Sierra Z71
bricooper78 has made plenty of valid pointsbricooper78 has made plenty of valid points
Say wha???
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastic_indian View Post
the resulting violent shake at highway speed may cause loss of control, white knuckles, loss of dental fillings, urinary incontinence and sudden religious conversion.
bricooper78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:02 PM   #64
tjbalm14
GAGT - Newbie

AKA: Taylor
Vehicle: 2002 Grand Am GT1
tjbalm14 Gettin' there
I want to hook up LEDs to the different ranges of sound going to the speakers. Meaning when the bass part of the speakers hits (pins F13-F16) LEDs will light up. Mid-range is a different set of lights and the tweeter range is a different set. However, LEDs can only handle about 20mA of current without blowing out. My question is how much voltage and current comes out of the amp going to the speakers?
tjbalm14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:49 PM   #65
kzulfic
GAGT - Senior Member

AKA: Kameron
Vehicle: 2004 Grand Am SE2
kzulfic Gettin' there
Find your forward voltage, diode forward voltage, and diode forward current(mA). Then go to the link below and there's your resistor size.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz
kzulfic is offline   Reply With Quote