GrandAmGT.com Forum
http://www.pfyc.com GrandAmGT.com Premium Memership Signup
CustomCarGrills.com   

Go Back   GrandAmGT.com Forum > GAGT - Classifieds - Sponsored by www.RotorsOnline.com > Stuff For Sale

Old 01-02-2010, 09:03 AM   #1
FuriousG
Nürburgring Driven!

AKA: Isaiah
Vehicle: '03 GAGT / '09 G8 GXP
FuriousG Gettin' there
Tinted Euro Tails & Primered Dual Posts

Tinted Euro Tails - $80 shipped OBO
Primer Gray Powered Dual Posts - $40 shipped OBO
1 Felpro Exhaust Manifold Gasket (6 cyl) - $10 shipped

Descriptions:

I got these tinted Euro tails about a month ago from another member on here but they don't really go with the overall look of my car. That and the wife didn't like them so I'm going to offer them up on here for the same price I paid. I did reseal the lenses to the housings and cleaned them up a little bit but since I can't get my hands on any spray on tint I can't touch up the tint job. All the lights worked fine except that the passenger's side is missing the reverse bulb. You can just use one from your stock lights though. Sorry I don't have any pics of them on the car but they were only on for about 5 minutes and I didn't have my camera with me right then.

Secondly, I'm selling a set of powered dual post mirrors. I got these nearly 3 years ago and had them on the car for over a year. I took them off this summer to paint them and learned that I'm not very good with a rattle can. So now they are primer gray and ready for a more qualified painter to finish painting them. The only blemish on these is that when they were sent to me, they had 2 broken screw posts on the driver's side and one on the passenger's side. I used epoxy and repaired the passenger's side and then fabricated two new posts for the driver's side. As I said before, I had these on the car for over a year without any problems. They are as solid if not stronger than the original posts.

Lastly, the exhaust manifold gasket is leftover from when my engine was rebuilt last year. It's brand new and never installed. Felpro part #MS95586.

2003 GAGT: CAI, SLP Catback, DHP ECM, 18" ASA JH9 Rims, Eibachs, Corvette Z06 Brakes, Front/Rear STBs, Debadged, Dual Post Mirrors, Projector Headlights, Tinted Tails, Fogs, 3rd Brake & Reverse Lights

2009 G8 GXP: #1233 out of 1829 - SOLO Axlebacks, VCM OTR Intake

Last edited by FuriousG; 02-08-2010 at 09:22 AM.
FuriousG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 11:04 AM   #2
[ChaosweaveR]
So that's Vtec...

AKA: Chris
Vehicle: 2005 Honda Accord EX-L
[ChaosweaveR] has made plenty of valid points[ChaosweaveR] has made plenty of valid points
Send a message via AIM to [ChaosweaveR]
PM'd about the mirrors.

2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe: K24A4
2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES: 4G64
Follow my unique blog on FB ------> Mighty the Armadillo
Problem, ricers?
[ChaosweaveR] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:12 PM   #3
scott_c83
GAGT - Member

AKA: scott
Vehicle: 99+02 GAGT's
scott_c83 Gettin' there
those tails need done again, yuck.... if you don't do them right, then they crack like that...someone obviously didn't know what they were doing

how much for them, jw
scott_c83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:39 PM   #4
FuriousG
Nürburgring Driven!

FuriousG Gettin' there
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_c83 View Post
those tails need done again, yuck.... if you don't do them right, then they crack like that...someone obviously didn't know what they were doing

how much for them, jw
I'm asking $80 shipped. That's what I paid for them about a month ago.
2003 GAGT: CAI, SLP Catback, DHP ECM, 18" ASA JH9 Rims, Eibachs, Corvette Z06 Brakes, Front/Rear STBs, Debadged, Dual Post Mirrors, Projector Headlights, Tinted Tails, Fogs, 3rd Brake & Reverse Lights

Old 01-02-2010, 10:52 PM   #5
aiixon
got ma permit!

AKA: Steffan
Vehicle: 2000 GT Sedan
aiixon Still kinda new, but learning
that tint job is hideous!!
aiixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:42 AM   #6
FuriousG
Nürburgring Driven!

FuriousG Gettin' there
I agree. I was a bit disappointed with the quality of the tint myself. If I had access to some spray on tint I'd try to re-do them myself but then again, if I had access to that then I'd just tint my GT tails since I prefer that style better anyway. Less than 2 more years here in Germany though and then I'll be back in the USA and able to buy spray tint for myself.

The tint job only looks bad when you're up close. From about 10 feet away, it's not even noticeable. A fresh clear coat would shine them up nicely and make them look decent enough. I'm just not a fan of the light pattern on them or I'd keep them. I prefer the way the GT tails fill the entire housing with light.

Last edited by FuriousG; 01-03-2010 at 08:45 AM.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:18 AM   #7
FuriousG
Nürburgring Driven!

FuriousG Gettin' there
*Bump*

These are all still for sale. If nobody shows interest in the tinted Euro tails the way they are right now I'm going to strip the tint off them and see how they look. I may offer them up for sale again after that (I'm getting professionally tinted GT tails instead.) I also added a couple more pictures of the tails taken from about 3 feet away. They really don't look bad unless you're right up close to them.

The dual posts are still for sale too. I'm surprised nobody wants these since everybody is always complaining how they can't find them. These are ready to be painted in whatever color you want.